United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Cream

Default Re: 1/2 Season Player of the Year award.

Berbatov dipped without rooney, I agree. But I reckon he needed the consistency of an established strike partner (yes, strike partner) while he was just establishing himself as the main man at Old trafford.

Instead he got paired up with the Pea, who is no OGS yet, and the likes of Macheda.

Rooney left every @#%&! in the lurch. Berbatov deserves a break imo, he's scoring again, full of confidence. And as for him being 'lightweight', his approach is to hold onto the ball rather than back into players and elbow every @#%&!, and he does it superbly.

Will be our player of the season at this rate.

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Sparky***

i can't honestly think of a standout performer in this years league campaign. Berbatov's done well but 'player of the year'? I dunno.

Speaks volumes of just how generally poor this season has been in terms of entertainment and how the lesser sides have dragged everybody down to their level.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:04 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Speaks volumes of just how generally poor this season has been in terms of entertainment and how the lesser sides have dragged everybody down to their level.
Rio's 'tweets' have been more entertaining then the crap United have been serving up most weeks. At OT we still occasionally put on a performance, but I £#%&!ing dread away matches. It doesn’t even matter what the result is, you just know the games are going to be turgid, soul crushing shite.

Berbatov was pretty poor between his hat trick against the murderers and the five against Blackburn But overall he’s been in good nick, certainly his best season so far at United by a long way. Nani, Rafael, Vidic and a fit again Rio have all been playing well.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Coracao

Between Vidic, Berbs and Nani.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Liu Jian

Nani - 10 assists already, and hasn't gone missing like Berbatov has in several away games.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:16 PM
borsuk

edwin should get a mention as well

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Rio's 'tweets' have been more entertaining then the crap United have been serving up most weeks. At OT we still occasionally put on a performance, but I £#%&!ing dread away matches. It doesn’t even matter what the result is, you just know the games are going to be turgid, soul crushing shite.
Yes, the game at west brom has now become a very important one, such is the pressure we continually put ourselves under with every result we throw away when playing away from old trafford.

Now, West brom have played 9 games at home this season. They've lost 3 of them and conceded 13 goals into the bargain. Looking at that you'd say united should go there and really go at them as they are a bit fragile atm.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:17 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Shared between berbatov and nani for me
Feels good to say that as well

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yes, the game at west brom has now become a very important one, such is the pressure we continually put ourselves under with every result we throw away when playing away from old trafford.

Now, West brom have played 9 games at home this season. They've lost 3 of them and conceded 13 goals into the bargain. Looking at that you'd say united should go there and really go at them as they are a bit fragile atm.
They will have quite a few players missing tomorrow, as well.

Our away failings are to a significant extent self-inflicted - but we could do with a bit of luck too, ffs

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Coracao

I'm convinced we'll win tomorrow

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:25 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
they are a bit fragile atm.
They're not the only ones!

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They will have quite a few players missing tomorrow, as well.

Our away failings are to a significant extent self-inflicted - but we could do with a bit of luck too, ffs
Our failings are ALL self inflicted. It's loser talk to start blaming officials and 'luck' when as one of the supposed best teams in europe you should be quite capable of seeing out a result against some of the dross in this league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
They're not the only ones!

Well if we can't beat them then we may as well £#%&! off and play scrabble or something. Seriously.

West Brom sit a mighty 14th in the league, along with Fulham in 18th, Birmingham in 17th and Aston Villa in 15th. Some of the other powerhouses we couldn't manage to turn over either. That doesn't matter though, because we're probably just saving ourselves for when we go to Chelsea and destroy them in what? 3 months time? And i'm sure chelsea's poor form should last another 4 months at least.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
West Brom sit a mighty 14th in the league, along with Fulham in 18th, Birmingham in 17th and Aston Villa in 15th. Some of the other powerhouses we couldn't manage to turn over either. That doesn't matter though, because we're probably just saving ourselves for when we go to Chelsea and destroy them in what? 3 months time? And i'm sure chelsea's poor form should last another 4 months at least.
'Slapped arse', 'they're all tough games', 'we had players missing', blah blah blah....

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Our failings are ALL self inflicted. It's loser talk to start blaming officials and 'luck' when as one of the supposed best teams in europe you should be quite capable of seeing out a result against some of the dross in this league
But as you know, a fair bit of football - as with all other competitive sports/games - goes on in the head. We only needed a few things to go our way this season, and our away record would at least be respectable (even though we would still have been fairly meh, overall)

Some of SAF's decisions haven't helped either. "Resting" Berbs at Sunderland just before an international break, even though he's £#%&!ed that off - and playing £#%&!ing Owen instead?? :shakehead:

(Fulham were performing a bit better than now when we played them, btw)

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
But as you know, a fair bit of football - like all other competitive things - goes on in the head. We only needed a few things to go our way this season, and our away record would at least be respectable (even though we would still have been fairly meh, overall)

Some of SAF's decisions haven't helped either. "Resting" Berbs at Sunderland just before an international break, even though he's £#%&!ed that off - and playing £#%&!ing Owen instead?? :shakehead:

(Fulham were playing a bit better than now when we played them, btw)
I don't give a flying £#%&! how 'well' they were playing. When you're winning 2-1 and have a penalty to kill the game. Then miss it and concede a sloppy-as-£#%&! equaliser. That's not luck. That's just £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:40 PM
borsuk

how dare we be top of the league with a game in hand. it's a £#%&!ing disgrace

Quote:
Well if we can't beat them then we may as well £#%&! off and play scrabble or something. Seriously.
:£#%&!er:

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I don't give a flying £#%&! how 'well' they were playing. When you're winning 2-1 and have a penalty to kill the game. Then miss it and concede a sloppy-as-£#%&! equaliser. That's not luck. That's just £#%&!ing shit.
Yeah, agree with that tbf. Will we actually score a penalty this season, FFS? Will we get given one, indeed??

I can't disagree with the criticisms of yourself and others really, but luck *does* play a part in these things. You just mentioned Liverpool's 2008/09 season in another thread - didn't absolutely £#%&!ing EVERYTHING go right for them that season (even stuff like Vidic slipping at that particular moment in time at OT??)

(and yes, it still wasn't enough of course )

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
It is, but sometimes that's hard for people to admit and they find it easier to search for an excuse.

Some of the poor marking at the start of the season is the reason why I'd have Vidic below Nani and Berbatov in terms of overall performance.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:46 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: 1/2 Season Player of the Year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Should have posted the Drogba GIF instead of the emoticon. A real missed opportunity tbh.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

:£#%&!er:
Seriously, Borsuk. Your attitude towards me is become ever more spiteful and nasty. I know we all like to have a bit of bants on here but you seem to have a genuine dislike towards me - which i find quite sad for a man of your obvious intelligence, to get so agitated over my opinions.

Quote:
Yeah, agree with that tbf. Will we actually score a penalty this season, FFS? Will we get given one, indeed??

I can't disagree with the criticisms of yourself and others really, but luck *does* play a part in these things. You just mentioned Liverpool's 2008/09 season in another thread - didn't absolutely £#%&!ing EVERYTHING go right for them that season (even stuff like Vidic slipping at that particular moment in time at OT??)

(and yes, it still wasn't enough of course )
Quality will always shine through in the end though. No matter how much 'luck' you say is involved.

For me, I don't see vidic slipping as bad luck. I see it as the low point of one of the worst individual defensive performances i've seen at old trafford. He was awful that day. As were the rest of the team.
Closed Thread