United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:25 PM
History

Default Re: Fergie's 4 year theory

Berbatov has played better this season than tevez has ever done for united.

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:28 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancunian Red
Ronaldo was desperate to go but Fergie didn't replace him.
Messi was not available, seriously though How can you replace Ronaldo, you can't, a bit harsh to criticise fergie on this.

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Berbatov has played better this season than tevez has ever done for united.
This.

Anybody who *still* thinks that Berbs is a "lazy waste of money" (or anything along those lines) is a clueless @#%&!.

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Ronaldo was desperate to go but Fergie didn't replace him.

Tevez I don't blame for leaving as Fergie £#%&!ed him about. Fergie was desperate to justify his 31 million buy and used to play him before Tevez and everyone knew who went to the game how good Tevez was but Fergie was desperate to show he hadn't wasted millions he started Berbatov.

Hargreaves has been injured for years - no replacement, we have needed a right back for years.
What are you on about, right back? We've got a right back sorted for the next 10 years in Rafael.

With Ronaldo, how do you replace the best player in the world?

And tevez wasn't £#%&!ed about, it's clear now that he was made a sensible offer, he's on 250k a week after tax and he's still not happy, I'm glad he left. We've got a better player in berbatov.

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This.

Anybody who *still* thinks that Berbs is a "lazy waste of money" (or anything along those lines) is a clueless @#%&!.

Or a Bertie

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

I'm still getting round the fact he thinks Hargreaves was signed as a replacement for Gary Neville

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Mancunian Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Messi was not available, seriously though How can you replace Ronaldo, you can't, a bit harsh to criticise fergie on this.
really silly to say you cannot replace ronaldo, we scored more goals last season without him and you can improve terams lots of ways are you saying had we bought sneijder and robben we would not have been a better team last season and kept tevez.

rooney carried us last season when he got injured we fell apart had we had tevez, sneijder and robben we probably would have been able to cope with rooney's loss.

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Menace

Will be interesting to see how long this Barcelona team lasts then, as they've easily been the best in the world for the last two years.

Their big problem will be replacing Iniesta and Xavi, but I can see those two playing for years to come yet.

Then they've got first-team players like Messi, Pedro, Pique and Busquests who are probably a few years away from even reaching their peak.

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:36 PM
red in cumbria

I wouldn't want that unspeakably vile, cheating, uber-@#%&! Robben at our club in *any* circumstances

How much further down are you going to dig, mate??

Unread 30-12-2010, 10:38 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
yeah - and Tony V had no impact last season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Or a Bertie
my thoughts too - with an uber username

Unread 30-12-2010, 11:13 PM
redmike

Quote:
really silly to say you cannot replace ronaldo, we scored more goals last season without him and you can improve terams lots of ways are you saying had we bought sneijder and robben we would not have been a better team last season and kept tevez.
No i'm not saying that, we only missed out on the league by one point after all, i'm saying ronaldo is a unique player who contributed a unbelievable amount to one of utd's greatest eras, so much so that there is very few players who could replicate that in todays game, adding players even accomplished ones like sneijder is not a direct replacement for what ronaldo gave us,

QUOTE=thatsfuctit;2285436]yeah - and Tony V had no impact last season.

He had a very good season and was effective and a good attacking outlet,
And we've missed him this season, a good signing tbh, but he's no ronaldo is he. it's like replacing george best with willie morgan.

Unread 30-12-2010, 11:20 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
No i'm not saying that, we only missed out on the league by one point after all, i'm saying ronaldo is a unique player who contributed a unbelievable amount to one of utd's greatest eras, so much so that there is very few players who could replicate that in todays game, adding players even accomplished ones like sneijder is not a direct replacement for what ronaldo gave us,

QUOTE=thatsfuctit;2285436]yeah - and Tony V had no impact last season.

He had a very good season and was effective and a good attacking outlet,
And we've missed him this season, a good signing tbh, but he's no ronaldo is he. it's like replacing george best with willie morgan.

Best and Ronaldo are / were obviously borderline irreplaceable, Tony was one of my players of the season last year, and played a big part in the season we got out of Rooney last year and his absence is probably one of the factors that he's not scoring as much this year.

Unread 31-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Ferrgie I think messed this squad up. It had no where near peaked and could and should have been strengthened but he let Ronaldo go without replacing him and Hargreaves not been replaced. And replaced a superb player like Tevez with a waster such as Berbatov.

Had that side been strengthened it could have dominated Europe and the prem for another 5 years.

Unread 31-12-2010, 03:04 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

rooney carried us last season when he got injured we fell apart had we had tevez, sneijder and robben we probably would have been able to cope with rooney's loss.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@#%&!

Unread 31-12-2010, 08:35 AM
borsuk

the barca side is all about the messi-iniesta-xavi axis, which creates something unique. when that breaks up they'll still be a great side, obviously, but not the special side they are atm.

Unread 31-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the barca side is all about the messi-iniesta-xavi axis, which creates something unique. when that breaks up they'll still be a great side, obviously, but not the special side they are atm.
Xavi is the oldest but can probably play on for another four or five seasons. They've got a ready made replacement in Fabregas too.

Iniesta is only 26 as well, but apparently City want him. £200 million then.

It must be horrible to be a Madridista atm.

Unread 31-12-2010, 08:50 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Xavi is the oldest but can probably play on for another four or five seasons. They've got a ready made replacement in Fabregas too.

Iniesta is only 26 as well.

It must be horrible to be a Madridista atm.
fabregas is no replancement for xavi. much closer to iniesta imo. xavi is like scholes, he's a one-off, they'll never replace him.

once that troika is split up barca won't be the same side. they'll be a great side as i said, but not the special side they are atm.

Unread 31-12-2010, 11:09 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Ah right, so you just sell your best players and don't replace them because 'you can't replace them'?

I'm sure some on here actually work for United.

Piss poor excuses.

We could have replaced him with 2 very good players, maybe even 3. Instead we relied on Rooney all season and when he got injured our season blew up. I remember someone saying on here around the time Benzema was leaving Lyon that we can't get Benzema because he won't sit on the bench, it doesn't work like that, he'd have got plenty of games and when Rooney got injured at least we would have had more options.

Unread 31-12-2010, 11:19 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Ah right, so you just sell your best players and don't replace them because 'you can't replace them'?

I'm sure some on here actually work for United.

Piss poor excuses.

We could have replaced him with 2 very good players, maybe even 3. Instead we relied on Rooney all season and when he got injured our season blew up. I remember someone saying on here around the time Benzema was leaving Lyon that we can't get Benzema because he won't sit on the bench, it doesn't work like that, he'd have got plenty of games and when Rooney got injured at least we would have had more options.
Technically we did, Valencia and Obertan came in, fair enough we bought potential, but that's fergie's policy, he's looking at the future.

If we had bought these very good players, what does that say to the likes of Nani and Anderson? They go for a starters we don't see them. Lets not forget we wouldnt of bought hernandez etc..

Unread 31-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Part 36 Offer

let's all slag ferie again hey
Closed Thread