Unread 18-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: We're £#%&!ed..........

We're fine

Lack of investment in the team is apparently completly normal

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:10 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

We've been £#%&!ed ever since the Glazers took over but whilst other teams have prolonged periods of resistance against unwanted owners we have half hearted chants and the odd different coloured scarf.

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:13 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
We've been £#%&!ed ever since the Glazers took over but whilst other teams have prolonged periods of resistance against unwanted owners we have half hearted chants and the odd different coloured scarf.
what i was saying yesterday

g&g is a good idea, but if we really want glazer out we need to do more to save our club

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:17 AM
safingtons

Was joking at the start of the season about there being 05/06 level doom around here, looks like we're heading for that sort of meltdown.

Just need to draw and lose to Bursaspor then Rangers £#%&! us over at Ibrox = out of Europe in group stages again.

I was gutted about Keano being sent packing, can't say I feel any disappointment with the Rooney news. If anything it makes me optimistic for the future, it will help the cause of the anti Glazer movement imo.

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:21 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
what i was saying yesterday

g&g is a good idea, but if we really want glazer out we need to do more to save our club
The same as every other club, we need to stop showing up. We all know that season tickets are still for sale so whatever waiting list their used to be is no more so there is no fear of never getting it back if the bastards go but still the stands are full

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
The same as every other club, we need to stop showing up. We all know that season tickets are still for sale so whatever waiting list their used to be is no more so there is no fear of never getting it back if the bastards go but still the stands are full
Rooney going might actually be the catalist...

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:32 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Bathe in smugness.
Smug ain't exactly what I am feeling right now, mate

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:37 AM
tony tabletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
"how dare they sell this man" Barca 84!

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:38 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Lets hope so. In truth I think Fergie going is more than likely to be the catalyst because with the exception of Maureen I don’t think anyone in football has the charisma to do the job without being in his shadow and stand up to the pressure.

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:40 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Lets hope so. In truth I think Fergie going is more than likely to be the catalyst because with the exception of Maureen I don’t think anyone in football has the charisma to do the job without being in his shadow and stand up to the pressure.
And Maureen isn't going to take us over with a threadbare squad, and with the gimps still leeching off us. So.......

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:56 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yep but then I'd like the moon on a stick and it isn't going to happen. Whilst the coffers are still being filled by the fans and emptied by the debt the glazers can sit back and laugh at us and the fans simply will not stop paying.
They will if we become shite enough.

The booing at FT on Saturday - whilst small time, City/Scousesque, classless etc etc etc - was maybe one small sign that even the OT "sheeple" are starting to turn..........

Unread 18-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Surfers do Charlie

The fans will only stop paying when we have a few seasons of mid-table mediocrity and missing out on Champs League football.

Then the JCLs will £#%&! off to City and the Glazers will start to struggle.

It's going to hurt, but we need to go through the mid 70s again before we can £#%&! these leeches off.

Unread 18-10-2010, 12:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The booing at FT on Saturday - whilst small time, City/Scousesque, classless etc etc etc - was maybe one small sign that even the OT "sheeple" are starting to turn..........
Nah, that means they're spoilt Soccer AM kiddies.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

8 games, 16 goals, 9 different scorers, and some fantastic football matches so far

pity we've gifted so many goals and thrown away late points in games - not good enough

but United's attacking football has been fantastic to watch.

we could probably do with a McClair 90-94 type player to link the midfield and attack, particularly in defending from the front

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
8 games, 16 goals, 9 different scorers, and some fantastic football matches so far

pity we've gifted so many goals and thrown away late points in games - not good enough

but United's attacking football has been fantastic to watch.

we could probably do with a McClair 90-94 type player to link the midfield and attack, particularly in defending from the front
Really? You argued against that suggestion all summer.

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Ozil?

VDV?

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Hugh Jardon

Default Do any of you feel positive about the club's future?

- SAF wont be around for much longer

- Under-performing team

- Our last marquee player could soon be leaving

- Average squad (IMO)

- Unbelievable debt and interest payments

- No funds to acquire top-tier new talent

- No short-term option to increase capacity at OT

Not at all encouraging but what's it going to take to turn things around?

Unread 18-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Ozil?

VDV?
neither

a McClair type of player is what we lack - dedicated, reliable, doesn't piss in alley ways in town, tactically cute, scores goals, runs a bit gay, that sort of thing
Closed Thread