United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:51 PM
red in cumbria

Angry Early kick offs

We're shit at them, aren't we?

Is it me, or does it seem we have had more than ever in the last season or two? Can't we do anything about them, given how crap we do - or do we just have to bend down and be buggered by Murdoch??

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Early kick offs

Madness isnt it. Footballers arent paid enough to be ready to play at such an early time of day. I see Chelsea were just as bad because of it today.

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Billy Bigbollox

I know we struggle in them but I think we've had more 5.30 kick offs than anything this year. Sadly the days of 3pm Saturday are long gone

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:54 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah yeah Switchers, but we *do* have a bad record in them, no? I wonder why that is.......

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

loads more 5.30s this season

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
RedMenace

I'd be more concerned with us having lost 5 out of our 7 losses after Champions League games. We have a number of players that can't do 2-3 games in 7 days by the looks of things.

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah yeah Switchers, but we *do* have a bad record in them, no? I wonder why that is.......
Basically Fergie is still hungover from the night before and can't be arsed to motivate the team.

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Madness isnt it. Footballers arent paid enough to be ready to play at such an early time of day. I see Chelsea were just as bad because of it today.
they didnt have a game midweek, let alone an away at bayern munich...this game should have been 4 o clock tomorrow on sky super duper sunday.

our record this season after euro aways is piss poor...
apart from scraping past city 4-3 we've lost at home to villa and chelsea and away at liverpool and everton.
tough fixtures though.

Unread 03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
they didnt have a game midweek, let alone an away at bayern munich...this game should have been 4 o clock tomorrow on sky super duper sunday.

our record this season after euro aways is piss poor...
apart from scraping past city 4-3 we've lost at home to villa and chelsea and away at liverpool and everton.
tough fixtures though.
Sorry, I appear to have stumbled across RAWK. It's the price of success, we've been doing it for 15 years, don't see why its suddenly a problem now.

Unread 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM
THEOS

Had this discussion in the ground today. Look back over the last 4 or 5 seasons and how many saturday lunchtime games have we won - especially against the better teams?

We always look like we've been out friday night on the piss for the first half. Can't be arsed to look for stats but we always seem to be shite for these games.

Unread 03-04-2010, 11:41 PM
HarkNowHear

AWAY TIE IN EUROPE = SHIT RESULT THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND

Bin this way for years bar the odd result.

Unread 04-04-2010, 04:22 AM
caleb2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I'd be more concerned with us having lost 5 out of our 7 losses after Champions League games. We have a number of players that can't do 2-3 games in 7 days by the looks of things.
Considering that the players are human beings and not machines it is natural they would not be as refreshed on the whole after the previous physical exertions and at the highest level the difference between the teams is so minimal that you probably only have to have a slight percentage decrease in physical performance to make a difference.

Saying that, Fletcher seemed to be running around on superfuel so it doesn't seem to affect him quite as much as the others.
You can stick your £#%&!ing Park up your arse though

Maybe its the time they eat/train that makes them shit generally at early starts, Did'nt we lose the derby 5-1 years ago in the morning? (cant remember)

Unread 18-04-2010, 08:01 PM
red in cumbria

Oh well, managed to win one for a change

Another one next weekend - so let's not slip back into bad habits, eh??

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:47 PM
bruntyboy

Quote:

Have we been reinstated into the Champions League?

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Mark Corrigan

Question Re: Early kick offs

Quote:

What day and time is spuds next week?

Unread 18-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
What day and time is spuds next week?
7am Sunday

Unread 18-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
7am Sunday
phew, thought it was on a saturday for a minute

Unread 18-04-2010, 10:14 PM
taff

early kick-offs can be good at times like yesterday 'cos it allows us to set the pace - if we get a result it puts pressure on the other team to follow suit.

Unread 18-04-2010, 10:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
Have we been reinstated into the Champions League?
What??

Unread 19-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Stickman

Quote:
What??
wooosh
Closed Thread