United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up Re: Reasons why you love Manchester United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
A bit different, my favourite non-united player in his last appearance at old trafford, well worthy of his applause too considering his past performances.

YouTube- Old trafford 06/08/2008 standing ovation per Alex Del piero
another great shout. love del piero. absolute legend

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Re: Reasons why you love Manchester United

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
that is possibly the worst 8 minutes of football coverage i've ever seen
"i think solskjaer might have got a touch"

motson is fukcing shite

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:45 PM
The Watcher

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:51 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Got the '2Olegend' T-Shirt with that pic on the front.

Getting faded now.

£#%&!ing love it.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:03 AM
The Watcher

There's nothing on Earth like being a Red

Unread 04-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Top times. It was mad, even though half the stadium was Chelsea (great job Roman ) I hardly seen any of the @#%&!s in Moscow, let alone hear any songs.
We £#%&!ing owned them inside the stadium too. They only time they had the better of the noise was from lampards goal to half time and probably during half time.. we were deflated to £#%&! though.

You just knew that goal was going to be a real turning point after failing to capitalise on our dominance.

Unread 04-05-2010, 01:37 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I wouldn't know

Anyway, another great memory from Villa Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4gXvz9nIy4
Great day.

"Where's your treble gone, where's your treble gone?"

Unread 04-05-2010, 02:41 AM
TreeFiddy

I'm absolutely loving this thread. Sometimes you need to take a step back and realise just how good it is to be a United fan. It puts wherever we are at present into perspective. If we're not winning major trophies then just be grateful for all the unbelievable success we've had in the past and know how much sweeter victory will taste after the pain of defeat. If we're cleaning up major honours and playing in back to back European Cup finals then you only need to think of 26 years without the title to appreciate just how lucky we are.

Good place this.

Unread 04-05-2010, 11:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I'm absolutely loving this thread. Sometimes you need to take a step back and realise just how good it is to be a United fan. It puts wherever we are at present into perspective. If we're not winning major trophies then just be grateful for all the unbelievable success we've had in the past and know how much sweeter victory will taste after the pain of defeat. If we're cleaning up major honours and playing in back to back European Cup finals then you only need to think of 26 years without the title to appreciate just how lucky we are.

Good place this.
Agreed.

Even though it looks like we've not won the league this season, you read this thread and just think "£#%&! it, look at all these memories".

We can't win the major trophies every season and we won the League Cup this season, a cup is a cup.

Looking forward to next season already.

Let's hope United actually surprise us and sign 2-3 decent players.

Unread 04-05-2010, 01:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We can't win the major trophies every season and we won the League Cup this season, a cup is a cup
Even if it *is* all we win, its more than the Vermin, Arse or Bitters have managed

Unread 04-05-2010, 01:32 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Even if it *is* all we win, its more than the Vermin, Arse or Bitters have managed
In the last four years combined

Unread 17-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Time to inject some Giggs into this thread

YouTube- Giggs Fa Cup semi final 99
Fantastic choice, Treefiddy

Unread 17-12-2010, 06:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Even if we win £#%&! all and them @#%&!s carve it up between them, at least we're not vermin, Arse or bitters.

Also, interesting thread bumpage.

Unread 17-12-2010, 11:45 PM
MagnificentSeven

i wasn't alive to witness us in the 70s and 80s when hard times fell upon the club and everyone at OT was a top red etc etc, so i've always been a child of the "fergie generation" and whilst there have been aspects of old trafford which have drawn criticism such as tourists and day trippers, this is simply a result of being a hugely succesful club and would happen to leyton orient or brighton and hove albion or any lower league club if they met the level of success we have. although you do get arse, vermin and rentboy fans calling us out on this, as if they haven't been succesful enough to attract prawn sandwich types themselves

but anyway, it's part of why i love united - just that we can attract people from all around the world, as someone mentioned, we get referred to as "manchester" which is always satisfying, as much as citeh fans harp on about how they're "the only team in manchester". and there's nothing quite like a rocking stretty end

but i think purely and simply, the reason i love united was that i was brought up to. they're the team of my family, both sides. if i was brought up a city fan (i thank the lord every day that i have been blessed by he to not have led such a horrible existence) because my family were all berties it would be the same. i'd had united hammered into me from a young age, and it's stuck. and i'm glad, because they are my team and the team of my people

salford red, born and bred

Unread 18-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Terry Silver

I've never thought about why I love United to be honest.

I was born in to supporting United, so it's just always been there like a family member and I never had a choice. With family members, even when you're not getting along, you never have to question yourself why you love them. You just do.

Twenty two years today since my first game, and I've been hooked ever since.

Unread 18-12-2010, 11:37 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i wasn't alive to witness us in the 70s and 80s when hard times fell upon the club and everyone at OT was a top red etc etc, so i've always been a child of the "fergie generation" and whilst there have been aspects of old trafford which have drawn criticism such as tourists and day trippers, this is simply a result of being a hugely succesful club and would happen to leyton orient or brighton and hove albion or any lower league club if they met the level of success we have. although you do get arse, vermin and rentboy fans calling us out on this, as if they haven't been succesful enough to attract prawn sandwich types themselves

but anyway, it's part of why i love united - just that we can attract people from all around the world, as someone mentioned, we get referred to as "manchester" which is always satisfying, as much as citeh fans harp on about how they're "the only team in manchester". and there's nothing quite like a rocking stretty end

but i think purely and simply, the reason i love united was that i was brought up to. they're the team of my family, both sides. if i was brought up a city fan (i thank the lord every day that i have been blessed by he to not have led such a horrible existence) because my family were all berties it would be the same. i'd had united hammered into me from a young age, and it's stuck. and i'm glad, because they are my team and the team of my people

salford red, born and bred
My dad and sister are both Berties.

Dodged the bitter bullet.

Unread 18-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

£#%&!ing love this man.

They say never meet your heroes, but I have been lucky enough to meet giggsy on 3 occasions and have never been disappointed. Legend.

Unread 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
My first time at Wembley, my grandad took me. I cried at this moment YouTube- MAN UNITED 1 EVERTON 0 FA CUP FINAL 1985 MORAN SENT OFF Thank god for big Norm!!
Agreed, Norman was a true hero!
Closed Thread