United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2009, 10:14 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i think its unfair on ronaldo to blame barthez, the first goal was hit early and very low & hard, not many would have saved that. 2nd one barthez could do nothing, 3rd was a superb strike but a VDS probably would have gotten closer
He ought to have saved the 1st & 3rd goals imho.

Unread 16-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He ought to have saved the 1st & 3rd goals imho.
The 1st shouldve been saved.Beaten at his near post way too easy.

Unread 16-07-2009, 06:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

Barthez was £#%&!ing shite

Unread 16-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Coracao

Andy Cole vs Barnsley 1997.

Can't really remember any of the goals now though.

His one vs Feyenoord was about 10 days later.

Unread 16-07-2009, 06:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Has to be Kanchelskis for me.

One of the games I will remember til I die, was sat on my own with my mate sat 20 or so rows below.
"we want 5, we want 5!"
Ended up jumping all over each other when the 5th went in
I was never a fan of the cheesy go west songs but when OT erupted to 5-0 to the champions still makes my hair stand on end. I've got the tape of sky and it's crackly as £#%&! now for the last 5 mins/celebrations

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Mancunian Red

Default Re: Hat-tricks at Old Trafford

Best against Newcastlke we won 6-0 and Morgan against QPR in the late 60s

Best against WHU 1971

I think Gowling also scored a hattrick for United at OT too

Gordon Hill 7-2 league cup win against Newcastle. Jimmy Nichol scored the best goal and the Stretty cheered Newcastle when they scored that night.

Richie against Leeds

Gerry Daly against Millwall in the old 2nd division

Pearson against Oxford old 2nd division all first half I think

Mcllroy's hattrick was the same day Robbo signed for United on the pitch

Olsen scored one too

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:24 PM
thatsfuctit

Ritchie scored a very good hatrick v spurs too

Greenhoff (J) V Barcodes

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

mark hughes scored the best ive ever seen from a united player v villa 85 ish
not a tap in amoungst them

all at the scoreboard end as well .

Unread 02-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Menace

Berbatov against the dippers this season was pretty memorable.

Unread 02-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i think its unfair on ronaldo to blame barthez, the first goal was hit early and very low & hard, not many would have saved that. 2nd one barthez could do nothing, 3rd was a superb strike but a VDS probably would have gotten closer
Hmmm I always blamed him too for that in the same vein I think Dida should have stopped Rooneys 2nd in 07.

Good point on the Owen goal at Anfield, I fumed at the time and he was even worse for Owens 2nd in the same game just after Beckham got us back into it. £#%&!ing jumping into Neville I think from a throw in and leaving his goal unguarded. Loco indeed!

Berbatovs hat trick is up there, especially because it was against the dippers. Both headers were vry difficult yet clinical finishes and as for the 2nd. Well that would make OTs top 10 of all time versus rivals perhaps.

Unread 02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
That one - mainly because it was a cracking game and it was followed by a gala evening at the Brahms and Liszt on Brown Street and some very nice bird from Moston. No really.

such a creature doesnt exist

Unread 02-01-2011, 09:58 AM
borsuk

scholes against west ham. outside the box, backheel and then given the penalty for the hat trick

7-1 after going a goal down happy days

edit
watching that again, what a performance. everybody doing what they do best: scholes scoring goals, keane bursting into the area, cole with a classic no 9 finish, yorke flicking and opening the defence, beckham's free kick, bosnich's £#%&! up

Unread 02-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
scholes against west ham. outside the box, backheel and then given the penalty for the hat trick

YouTube - man utd-7 west ham-1

7-1 after going a goal down happy days

edit
watching that again, what a performance. everybody doing what they do best: scholes scoring goals, keane bursting into the area, cole with a classic no 9 finish, yorke flicking and opening the defence, beckham's free kick, bosnich's £#%&! up
Didn't Harry Redtwitch say after that match something to the effect of he wished they hadn't taken the lead?

Unread 02-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Whip Hubley

ruud had a couple of belters. i enjoyed rooney's because i predicted it and should have put a tenner on it

berbatov against the dippers was particularly satisfying, giving the dippers a bit of hope. and that overhead kick.

Unread 02-01-2011, 12:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Didn't Harry Redtwitch say after that match something to the effect of he wished they hadn't taken the lead?
They had a chance to make it 2-0 IIRC

Wanchope liked scoring against us didn't he, the scoundrel
Closed Thread