United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2010, 09:06 AM
believe

Thumbs down I've got a very bad feeling

that Roy Hodgson is going to do quite well with the dippers.

Unread 04-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Time For Heroes

Default Re: I've got a very bad feeling

Nah, they've still got mostly shit players.

Still, after the magnificent job I've done with Cardiff and their shit players in Soccermanager you never know.

Unread 04-08-2010, 09:20 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
that Roy Hodgson is going to do quite well with the dippers.
That is because you are normally on drugs.

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Stickman

He'll do alright and theyll take to him but theyve £#%&! all chance of top 4 this year without serious investment imo.

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He'll do alright and theyll take to him but theyve £#%&! all chance of top 4 this year without serious investment imo.
They have virtually the same side as they had 2 seasons ago. Add the rejuvenated kop spirit and they'll cause problems.

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
They have virtually the same side as they had 2 seasons ago. Add the rejuvenated kop spirit and they'll cause problems.
We have virtually the same side we had 2 seasons ago tbph

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:28 AM
dodger

I keep hearing this but it's been almost exclusively from %@#$&!s. I'm surprised at you Bellers. Hansen and Laro will no doubt take teh opportunity to back them yet again.
The only thing that worries me is my own prediction, made well over ten years ago, that Liverpool would go 20 years between titles. it seemed a long time then but the time has passed all too quickly. I predict another ten years.

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
I've got a very bad feeling
... Woooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I keep hearing this but it's been almost exclusively from %@#$&!s. I'm surprised at you Bellers. Hansen and Laro will no doubt take teh opportunity to back them yet again.
The only thing that worries me is my own prediction, made well over ten years ago, that Liverpool would go 20 years between titles. it seemed a long time then but the time has passed all too quickly. I predict another ten years.
All their players saying they are the best club in the world is confusing me tbh

Unread 04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
wonky no

i think spurs will finish above the scouse. i'm not arced what they do as long as they don't win the league.

Unread 04-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Big Norm

When they had that blinder two seasons ago Alonso and Mascherano were two of their most influential players.

Unread 04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
fix up look SHARPE

hodgson will have them better organised and they'll be harder to break down...they won't lose so many games this season.
but when the senior players are publicly saying top 4 is the target, then they aren't going to be challenging for the title.

Unread 04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
The Return of JC

I think the key for any 'outsider' to be involved in the title race is to hit the ground running and lead from the front. Two years ago they started well and carried a lot of belief going into the new year. Once the luck ran out and the reality kicked in, they weren't quite good enough. But they weren't bloody far off!

However, looking at their opening fixtures, I think they're going to be chasing shadows within their first 5 or 6 games. That'll hammer their belief before they've even got chance to get going.

Despite the doom and gloom on here, I can't see it being anyone but us or Chelsea again. Midfield additions or not, we'll be there or thereabouts because we always are.

Unread 04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
red in cumbria

Many of their own fans (and a few on here, it seems) seem to think that the Vermin performance in 2008/09 is somehow the "norm". Of course, it is not. In all the time I have followed football, I can think of few other examples of a side overperforming as massively as they did that season. Almost everything that could have gone their way then did, and more besides - but it still wasn't enough

Yes, they underperformed last term, and Hodgson should improve them. But they remain what they were for most of Rafa's time there - a natural 4th place team. 21 years, here we come

Unread 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Allenby Chilton

I think that Woy has made a mistake going there

They have high expectations, they need serious investment and after a few defeats early in the season when it establishes that they will be chasing 4th place Gerrard and Torres will start playing like they aren't interested. I can see them finishing outside the Champions League places again - and the manager will be lucky to keep his job past Christmas.

I can't see anyone coming close to us or Chelsea for the title this season

Unread 04-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Baron

If Torres stayed fit the entire season, they'd easily finish in the top 4 imo. The fact he misses at least a third of the season kills them. He scored 18 goals in 22 appearances last season, any team that is virtually guaranteed a goal a game will have a hell of a chance getting into the top 4, especially if they are well organized. FSW was also far more defensive in his tactics than most would be when going for the title, he though he could get there playing the same football as Valencia did when he broke the Barca / Madrid duopoly. You can't do that in this league, unless you have a genuinely immense defense, & they didn't.

Unread 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
tony tabletop

I think they'll probably win a couple of trophies this year. Carling / FA cup and the Europa League.

Can you do white text on here?

Unread 04-08-2010, 02:25 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
I think they'll probably win a couple of trophies this year. Carling / FA cup and the Europa League.

Can you do white text on here?
No

Unread 04-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Coracao

They'll probably lose their first two league games.
Closed Thread