United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 10-04-2023, 12:58 PM
no fun

Default Why is there a media blackout on City’s (alleged) transgressions?

When the news broke there was an initial flurry of headlines…but since then…nish

Have media been warned any bad publicity, or even reminders of the story, will result in no free hospitality?

Or have the media moguls decided collectively to give them an easy ride until judgement day?

Either way, it £#%&!ing stinks

Unread 10-04-2023, 01:29 PM
ryanMUFC

I’m guessing it’s that there aren’t many developments.

Im sure the tribunal isn’t expected to be for at least another year.

Unread 10-04-2023, 01:32 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I’m guessing it’s that there aren’t many developments.

Im sure the tribunal isn’t expected to be for at least another year.
Well yes, but a little occasional reminder that they are under investigation wouldn’t go amiss

Unread 10-04-2023, 02:29 PM
Hyman_Roth

Still very obviously cheating but no one ask anything about it. Why isn’t pep asked how many salaries he earns from city related companies? He’s so adamant there’s been no cheating then why doesn’t someone ask him that?

I think it’s incredible how motivated the press, other clubs and opposing football fans are prepared to accept that city can and will cheat.

Every broadcaster still fawning over their brilliance.

And then united fans seemingly not arsed. Some would even prefer city winning it to Arsenal because ‘arsenal fans really wind them up on Twitter’.

The world’s turned into absolute melts. We’ve basically got a lance Armstrong situation and everyone is like, ‘I know they’re dodgy but did you see that pass from de bruyne?’

Unread 10-04-2023, 03:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Still very obviously cheating but no one ask anything about it. Why isn’t pep asked how many salaries he earns from city related companies? He’s so adamant there’s been no cheating then why doesn’t someone ask him that?

I think it’s incredible how motivated the press, other clubs and opposing football fans are prepared to accept that city can and will cheat.

And then united fans seemingly not arsed. Some would even prefer city winning it to Arsenal because ‘arsenal fans really wind them up on Twitter’.

The world’s turned into absolute melts. We’ve basically got a lance Armstrong situation and everyone is like, ‘I know they’re dodgy but did you see that pass from de bruyne?’

I see that now United might potentially be sold that there's a mad scramble to implement measures that would stop teams being owned by oil states. Oh now there's a problem is there lads?

As City are about to stick yet another tier on their ground before the paint's even dry on the last stand they redeveloped, all with money they didn't earn, yeah let's get that stable door shut eh?

Going back to the original question from No Fun, the press over here are still utterly enamoured with City and Guardiola. Don't forget the cheating has been going on for years and years under the noses of Fleet Street's finest and they haven't even deemed it worthy to look into. These are the same Journos that hack dead girls phones and celebrity voicemails for stories, yet they didn't think financial doping at the top end of our national sport was worthy of asking a few questions.

That's not journalistic negligence by the way. These journos and their editors are all being wined and dined over at 'Abu Dhabi Disney World' in east manchester and they don't really fancy rocking the boat. For a prime example of a pig with his nose firmly in the trough look no further than Martin Samuel. The #@&%! must go to bed every night in his Sheik mansour pyjamas.

Unread 10-04-2023, 04:01 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I see that now United might potentially be sold that there's a mad scramble to implement measures that would stop teams being owned by oil states. Oh now there's a problem is there lads?

As City are about to stick yet another tier on their ground before the paint's even dry on the last stand they redeveloped, all with money they didn't earn, yeah let's get that stable door shut eh?

Going back to the original question from No Fun, the press over here are still utterly enamoured with City and Guardiola. Don't forget the cheating has been going on for years and years under the noses of Fleet Street's finest and they haven't even deemed it worthy to look into. These are the same Journos that hack dead girls phones and celebrity voicemails for stories, yet they didn't think financial doping at the top end of our national sport was worthy of asking a few questions.

That's not journalistic negligence by the way. These journos and their editors are all being wined and dined over at 'Abu Dhabi Disney World' in east manchester and they don't really fancy rocking the boat. For a prime example of a pig with his nose firmly in the trough look no further than Martin Samuel. The #@&%! must go to bed every night in his Sheik mansour pyjamas.
Also have to factor in that the media willingly turned a blind eye for so long that they now have a vested interest in nothing untoward being confirmed as it will show them up for the suppine, pliant, cheerleaders that they are.

Unread 10-04-2023, 04:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Also have to factor in that the media willingly turned a blind eye for so long that they now have a vested interest in nothing untoward being confirmed as it will show them up for the suppine, pliant, cheerleaders that they are.
Good point.

Unread 11-04-2023, 08:01 AM
doudou

Why does everyone care so much what the UK sports media says? Every day people get wound up by what some rent-a-gob says about United, why should we give a shit? Jamie Jackson's a moron, Martin Samuel's son-in-law works for Man city, why should we listen to a word they say?

It's just a lot easier if you tune them all out, they remind me of the pitiful City fans at school half the time.

Unread 11-04-2023, 08:25 AM
AK14

Neville’s been calling out that fat slob Samuel over on Twitter

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:14 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

I'd prefer city to win it because nothing they wins means anything to me, it's all been gained through cheating and I like to hold on to the faint hope that one day a little asterisk will appear next to them all.

Arsenal are still a proper football club and if they win anything it's genuinely annoying.

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:23 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I'd prefer city to win it because nothing they wins means anything to me, it's all been gained through cheating and I like to hold on to the faint hope that one day a little asterisk will appear next to them all.

Arsenal are still a proper football club and if they win anything it's genuinely annoying.
Respect your viewpoint pal, but also see you live “dahn Sahf”

City winning the Treble will be unbearable up here…and I think Arsenal are best placed to prevent that

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:28 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Respect your viewpoint pal, but also see you live “dahn Sahf”

City winning the Treble will be unbearable up here…and I think Arsenal are best placed to prevent that
I think that probably plays quite a big part in it yes, I can absolutely understand how living amongst the egg stained weirdos might give me a different point of view

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:28 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

This is ridiculous

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:33 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This is ridiculous

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:33 AM
NedKelly

Arsenal fans are nothing - NOTHING - compared to the likes of Chelsea. Tbh I’ve even found spurs fans to be more annoying than Arsenal fans in recent years. Can take enjoyment from them losing it as ArsenalfanTV will probably have some incredible meltdowns but would rather pretty much any team over City barring Liverpool. And even then I’ll still acknowledge that Liverpool are a proper team.

The fact that City are a nothing club makes it worse imo - they’re the very definition of a club that has bought its trophies. Again, same goes for Chelsea. Hate them both.

Edit - meant to say this is from the perspective of someone living near London. Rarely ever come across amped up Arsenal fans giving it the big un.

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:48 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
When the news broke there was an initial flurry of headlines…but since then…nish

Have media been warned any bad publicity, or even reminders of the story, will result in no free hospitality?

Or have the media moguls decided collectively to give them an easy ride until judgement day?

Either way, it £#%&!ing stinks
Calm down Dermo

Unread 11-04-2023, 12:16 PM
est.1878

Dont know a single chelsea or arsenal fan irl...

Unread 11-04-2023, 12:20 PM
dunk

Hope it doesn’t get mentioned until they’re found guilty and are suitably punished, don’t let them get any details or puff pieces out there to jeopardise the case in any way imo.

Unread 11-04-2023, 12:36 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

You’re part of the problem. You’ve persuaded yourself that city winning is meaningless before it is. If city are stripped of every trophy they’ve won whilst openly cheating then I’m 100% with you - but until they are then they’re devaluing the competition and the sport and are totally getting away with it.

They’re becoming known around the world as being the best team in the premiership - they’re not known as being the biggest cheats in sport.

And you and others have allowed that to happen inadvertently by passively supporting the cheating by conning yourself that their success means nothing.

City should be despised by any right minded sports fan but here we are, wanting to embrace something similar through Qatar.

Unread 12-04-2023, 08:42 AM
wiganste

I can't believe ANY United fan would want them to win the league over Arsenal.

In fact, you're not a fan if that's the case