United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Difficult one this after the bizarre nature of the last 2 games but I'll go with this even though there's zero chance Fergie will :-

VDS
Wes
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman
Hargo
Carrick
Anderson
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney
No way that will happen unfortunetly, because I'd like to see it.

Giggs for Anderson
Scholes for Carrick :as above:

Shit game. Lyon to get something or they'll be unlucky not to.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
No way that will happen unfortunetly, because I'd like to see it.

Giggs for Anderson
Scholes for Carrick :as above:

Shit game. Lyon to get something or they'll be unlucky not to.
He can't drop Anderson, he just can't. How the £#%&!, no matter how many drams he's had, could he possibly justify it?

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:03 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Just hope we can keep the ball and use it, as opposed to our usual effort away from home in Europe where we tend to give it away every 10 seconds. Who'll start in their midfield/up front? I'm assuming it'll be Benzema with Govou and Afra up front.
Not sure about the midfield and defence, but yeah I'd expect the front three to be Govou and Ben Arfa either side of Benzema.

Pure guess:

.......................coupet..................... .
reveillere...squillaci.....boumsong...grosso
..........juninho..toulalan..kallstrom (bodmer)
..........govou...benzema....ben arfa.......

Boumsong, of course, a clear weakness at this level.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:07 AM
BarryX

I like your team Ant, but Giggs is going to be captain and will start. Not even Fergulson would have the heart to humilate our most prize laden servant with a curve ball like that, and not play him.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I like your team Ant, but Giggs is going to be captain and will start. Not even Fergulson would have the heart to humilate our most prize laden servant with a curve ball like that, and not play him.
Too important a game to be swayed by sentiment for me and Giggs isn't in good enough form to displace anyone from the team. nani should proibbly be ahead of him in the pecking order. I agree though.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:10 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He can't drop Anderson, he just can't. How the £#%&!, no matter how many drams he's had, could he possibly justify it?
I agree, but it's 50/50. Can quite easily see a Carrick-Hargreaves-Scholes midfield from the start.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
To play Giggs. Giggs and Ronaldo will play unless there are some unforseen circumstances.
Can you see him playing Scholes and Anderson in the middle on their own?
So the only way I can see Anderson play is if one striker starts. And he rested Tevez at the weekend.

It's £#%&!ing ridiculous but it's going to happen.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:14 AM
El Calafate

without doubt fergie will pick the wrong team. how many defeats will it take before he realises this? nft.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:24 AM
SilverSurfer

Central defence is their big weakness but I fear we won't exploit it.

I'd be happy with similar formation and personnel to Saturday, but with Hargreaves for Fletcher and Ronnie for Park.

I fear it'll be Scholes, Hargreaves and Carrick, with Giggs for Nani.Ronnie for Park is a given.But it'll mean not enough players with the energy or inclination to support Rooney, who'll be isolated.

The defence picks itself and I don't think we'll be going with Tevez.

This tie could be decided tonight but past experience tells me to worry.

Unread 20-02-2008, 10:43 AM
marlo stansfield

the teams picks it self tbh.

put it this way apart from vds, none of our starting line up players should be over 30.

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Whalefish

I take it, going from some comments, that Scholes and Giggs would now struggle to get into a Villa side and should now hang up their boots?

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:35 PM
puressence

vds , brown , @#%&! , vidic , evra

ronnie , scholes , hargo , giggs ..

rooney tevez

thank u v much

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I take it, going from some comments, that Scholes and Giggs would now struggle to get into a Villa side and should now hang up their boots?
Seems to be the sentiment from some quarters. Personally I still think Scholes has 18+ months as a first teamer left and that Giggs, though I worry about his starting games these days, can stiil be an influential and imp[ortant player, off the bench.

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
@#%&! ,
(shakes head)

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:39 PM
puressence

Quote:
(shakes head)

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Whalefish

Scholes has never looked right after any lay off. He's the same as Wayne needs a run of games to get up to speed. Thus he should be coming into games off the bench at the moment.

Tbh Giggs pisses me off and has done for a while now. I realise he isn't as quick as he was - and hasn't been for a long while now - but if he showed the effort he'd still be a very important player. A very intelligent and clever player. Just needs a size 10 up the arse. And not in a bent way.

I think they both still have value and will do for the next 18months. I don't think both can start and play in the same side though. We have the squad now that means it shouldn't have to happen either.

Experience means £#%&! all if you're short on fitness or can't be arsed.

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:40 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
vds , brown , @#%&! , vidic , evra

ronnie , scholes , hargo , giggs ..

rooney tevez

thank u v much
scholes playing behind Rio and Vidic stretching our 2 man midfield. like city all over again. nft.

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:40 PM
puressence

for the record 2 each tonite rooney first or last goal scorer 70/1

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
I don't think they should it's just that their capacity should be changed and Scholes isn't fit yet.

Scholes and Giggs need to be used 3 times every 4 weeks or so. Being used as subs or in games where the teams or the positions they are playing are unlikely to ruffle them too much.

NO game should include Giggs and Scholes starting until Scholes can prove that he is uber-fit again and well on the ball because playing them both at the moment slows our play down horrendously.

I believe that if Scholes gets proper fit again he can play anther season or 2

Unread 20-02-2008, 12:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I can imagine you in 40 years time with your great grandkids, talking about the old days at United. There they sit, enthralled, listening to you as you say "Oh we had some quality defenders back then, Vidic a man mountain, Evra sometimes called the Senegalese Superman, oh and not forgetting @#%&! he was a wobbly gobbed tosser if ever I saw one children"
Closed Thread