United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2009, 06:50 PM
dunk

Default Fergie's Press Conference today...

..Just caught a bit of it on MUTV, he had a fair old pop at Veron, Heinze, Tevez and their agents. Heinze apparently asked to leave the day before the Villareal match at the start of his 2nd season, the @#%&!. Snapped his cruciate in the next game Sheds further light on the signing of Evra.

I think you can write off the chances of us signing any other Argies while he is here, so that's Messi and Aguero off the shopping list

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Ashley's Grime

Default Re: Fergie's Press Conference today...

Good.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:45 PM
jem

Default he has no basis

on which to have a pop at veron. he should be apologising for the £#%&! up that saw him sold.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:48 PM
dunk

Default Re: he has no basis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
on which to have a pop at veron. he should be apologising for the £#%&! up that saw him sold.
He didn't want to be here. He only came due to the passport thing and was looking for a way out as soon as he was cleared on that score.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
signed you mean.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:49 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
..Just caught a bit of it on MUTV, he had a fair old pop at Veron, Heinze, Tevez and their agents. Heinze apparently asked to leave the day before the Villareal match at the start of his 2nd season, the @#%&!. Snapped his cruciate in the next game Sheds further light on the signing of Evra.

I think you can write off the chances of us signing any other Argies while he is here, so that's Messi and Aguero off the shopping list
£#%&!ing hell, he really was a right @#%&!.

What did he say about Veron?

Edit: Just seen your reply to jem. Shame, I was always liked Seba, despite him being a disaster

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
£#%&!ing hell, he really was a right @#%&!.

What did he say about Veron?

Edit: Just seen your reply to jem. Shame, I was always liked Seba, despite him being a disaster
He didn't say anything specific about Veron today, although he intimated that all 3 were eager to move on almost as soon as they arrived.

i was a big fan of Veron, got shit he didn't deserve and suffered at OT as Keane was doing what he should have been doing (imo), but from day one I felt he didn't want to be here. He had to run from Italy and no £#%&!er else wanted to buy him, he had no choice.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:53 PM
marlo

what did he say about evra?

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:56 PM
jem

Quote:
He didn't want to be here. He only came due to the passport thing and was looking for a way out as soon as he was cleared on that score.
that is absolute nonsense.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
what did he say about evra?
Nowt. But when he bought Evra, Heinze was injured and a fans favourite and everyone was bitching about us buying another LB. He had to buy said LB because he knew Heinze was being a @#%&! and would be gone sooner rather than later.

Heinze left in the next Transfer window he was fit for, just about.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that is absolute nonsense.
really

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:58 PM
jem

where did veron move from united?

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
where did veron move from united?
Chelsea. Again, because no £#%&!er else wanted him, or wanted to stump up the cash to pay for him. He £#%&!ed off quick enough though, didn't he, quick payday there.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:05 PM
jem

Quote:
Chelsea. Again, because no £#%&!er else wanted him, or wanted to stump up the cash to pay for him. He £#%&!ed off quick enough though, didn't he, quick payday there.
I believe you may have changed the basis of your argument there.

he wanted to stay at united. fergie wanted him to stay too. he was sold by accident.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Whalefish

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I believe you may have changed the basis of your argument there.

he wanted to stay at united. fergie wanted him to stay too. he was sold by accident.
Chelsea or United, not a difficult choice at the time IIRC, the fact Chelsea dangled the wonga and he did £#%&! off tells a different story though.

Players aren't sold by 'accident', it takes days, it's not like 'whoops, I think Veron may have just joined Chlelsea for £15m, I didn't mean that to happen'.

In fact, as I recall, most of his second season was dogged with stories of returns to Italy and talks with Inter. He wanted out the whole time.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Spiffy

Failing to get the best out of Veron was a failure on SAF's part. There's no doubt he was class. If he didn't have the mettle for the Premiership we should have known in advance and if he did then why couldn't we get the best out of him?

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Failing to get the best out of Veron was a failure on SAF's part. There's no doubt he was class. If he didn't have the mettle for the Premiership we should have known in advance and if he did then why couldn't we get the best out of him?
According to you everything is failure on SAF's part.

Get Mark Hughes in ffs.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
According to you everything is failure on SAF's part.

Get Mark Hughes in ffs.
Not true. You can be a right £#%&!er at times Dunk. Can you show me when I said get Mark Hughes in now? It was years ago.

We can all pull up quotes from the past. I remember you saying no way was Benzema being sold and when he was he would cost £60M+. But I wont keep bringing it up becasue unlike you, I'm not a #@&%!.

Now post something decent for a £#%&!ing change instead of the usual tedious shite you bore us with.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Not true. You can be a right £#%&!er at times Dunk. Can you show me when I said get Mark Hughes in now? It was years ago.

We can all pull up quotes from the past. I remember you saying no way was Benzema being sold and when he was he would cost £60M+. But I wont keep bringing it up becasue unlike you, I'm not a #@&%!.

Now post something decent for a £#%&!ing change instead of the usual tedious shite you bore us with.
It's banter mate although I hate that word. You big £#%&!ing girl.

At the time I was right on Benzema. Time and situation changed though because the economy crashed and Lyon wanted the dough while Real Madrid were being dickish with it. And you have brought it up plenty, probably more than I have brought up Hughes

I have to say you have a point on Veron. Although the problem was Keane and Ferguson's reluctance to 'demote' him to being alongside Veron rather than the other way round.
Closed Thread