United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-03-2008, 12:21 PM
S/Side.Red

No different to Anderson at the Emirates, really. Hagreaves got booked early on and Anderson didn't agree with the decision. He spent the rest of the first half in the ref's face trying to get other players booked to even it out. It happens. A referee should be able to handle that, imo.

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
ps: "gotten"

are you £#%&!ing yank? if not, stop £#%&!ing using that word
gotten isn't common usage in North America either. but no worries, i'll try not to have it niggle you again okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fact is, mascherano, alonso and gerrard were in the process of getting played off the park by scholes, anderson and carrick. and mascherano couldn't take it.

fully deserved red card imo.
exactly; it seems S/Side is finding that a little hard to take as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sorry, for some reason I thought I had a right to an opinion. I didn't start the thread.
if 75,000 people say you're wrong, then you're wrong even if you aren't. move on.

you are wrong, of course

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Zorg

This is getting amusing now. It reminds me of that Blackadder sketch.

"A man was found next to a murdered body. He had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses had seen him stab the victim, and when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingburg not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honours list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket".

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:27 PM
MJ Ramone

The funny thing is, on a few of our recent visits to Anfield we've been reduced to ten-men...& have STILL won the game!
The 2-4 battering of Arsenal at Highbury a few years back, we had Silvestre sent off with twenty to go & we still scored the fourth goal to seal victory.

Whever a player is sent off against us however it's big news. It HAS to be the reason/excuse that we won the game.
Forget the fact that Gerrard & co. couldn't get the ball off Scholes & Carrick even before the red card.

On Talksport this morning they had that Rhodri Williams (Liverpool fan) hosting a phone-in show.
He was getting 2 Liverpool callers on AT A TIME to whine about the result!

Listening to scousers cry is a very beautiful thing the morning after a 3-0 demolition!

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:37 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
No different to Anderson at the Emirates, really. Hagreaves got booked early on and Anderson didn't agree with the decision. He spent the rest of the first half in the ref's face trying to get other players booked to even it out. It happens. A referee should be able to handle that, imo.

that's the whole point that you are failing to grasp, a referee shouldn't have to put up with that.

the referees have now started to take action to make it where a player will have to accept a decision. whether the player likes that decision is irrelevant, the referees decision is final and he doesn't want to be chased round after every decision

cricket is also taking steps now to stop players swearing

I bet it has been mentioned in training today at united that players have to watch their mouth and actions.

footballers need a reality check, hopefully they are going to get it

and s/side watch the rafacam on sky of rafa as he saw mascherano set off for the ref. that tells you he knew exactly was going to happen.

the following melee trying to get him off just highlighted how pumped up he had been, personally i'd give him another couple of games for that too

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:42 PM
JakeB

Mascherano £#%&!ed his day up as soon as he stood there and told the ref to '£#%&! off' four times after committing a most definitely bookable offence, and used very aggressive body language. It was obvious he'd be off if he kept going up to the ref after that, let alone jogged 20 yards to question another decision. As soon as he went over I knew he'd be off.

Very noticable that the people suggesting he shouldnt have been sent off are people that consistently back him up in debates about his playing abilities. This thread is oooooozzzzing in stubborness

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Gizza

As for Mascherano's 2nd yellow, as he arrives at Bennett, the bald @#%&! points at the tunnel, to me clearly indicating he is saying something along the lines of 'if you don't go away right now, you are off'. The scouse @#%&! stays in his face and is rightly booked for a 2nd time.

All in all a great result, a good performance spoiled by a perfectly correct red card as it gives the scouse and ABU nation an excuse as to why we won so easily (not just because we are clearly a much better team).

Unread 24-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Gizza

Default S/side and Andy Gray have someone else who agrees:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20361156/

Total load of opinionated %@#$&!s in there, but i think he is a scouser. Summed up by being about the only person who thinks the 1st yellow for Mascherano was incorrect!

Unread 24-03-2008, 04:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
exactly; it seems S/Side is finding that a little hard to take as well!
No, I was very happy about that. It's just completely irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza

Total load of opinionated %@#$&!s in there, but i think he is a scouser. Summed up by being about the only person who thinks the 1st yellow for Mascherano was incorrect!
Fair assessment, imo.

Unread 24-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Gizza

Quote:
No, I was very happy about that. It's just completely irrelevant.

Fair assessment, imo.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:05 PM
fcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza

"The Argentinian is entitled to ask why walking slowly towards an official with a smile on his face while posing the simple question "what's happening?" was enough to be sent off. He was entitled to ask what crime team-mate Fernando Torres had committed to be booked seconds earlier.

There is nothing in the rules of the game that prevents either enquiry"

there's nothing in the rules of the game that prevents you from getting your #@&%! out and waving it at the ref.....is this allowed?

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcred
"The Argentinian is entitled to ask why walking slowly towards an official with a smile on his face while posing the simple question "what's happening?" was enough to be sent off. He was entitled to ask what crime team-mate Fernando Torres had committed to be booked seconds earlier.

There is nothing in the rules of the game that prevents either enquiry"

there's nothing in the rules of the game that prevents you from getting your #@&%! out and waving it at the ref.....is this allowed?
Walking slowly? The @#%&! ran 20 yards and was restrained by a team thenbroke free of the restraint. Hardly walking slowly.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:18 PM
fcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Walking slowly? The @#%&! ran 20 yards and was restrained by a team thenbroke free of the restraint. Hardly walking slowly.
exactly, if he was walking that slowly why was alonso unable to restrain him?

Unread 25-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Rhodzy

Talking

Unread 25-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Coracao

Southside Red, were you at the match?

If so, i'm £#%&!ing bemused if you don't understand why Torres was booked. From the very first whistle the weasal was constantly gobbing off to the ref, EVERY single time he lost the ball. He may as well have taken Bennett's shirt off and reffed the match himself. The only surprise for me was that he wasn't booked about 20 minutes earlier. (I'm pretty sure that the majority of this wasn't caught by sky, hence the original question)

The booking of Torres was overdue if anything, and £#%&! knows how you can defend that Argentine @#%&!. Your team mate has just been booked for dissent. You have been booked previously, and been warned to stop mouthing off. Great idea then to run 20 yards and get in the refs face. Definitely a contender for 'Deacon of the week'.

Unread 25-03-2008, 06:07 PM
The Watcher

I took great pleasure in waving the @#%&! off

He was their best player up till then, which made it all the sweeter! Thought he was playing very well - something that couldn't be said of those other two "world class" midfielders Alonso and Gerrard

He was having a go at the ref every time he blew the whistle. He either lost his nerve to the occasion or (more likely) was under instruction to do so. Another tactical masterstroke from that fat @#%&! benitez

Unread 25-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Talking Colm Malone (Liverpool fan) says...

Quote:
I give up watching games at Old Trafford. In Old Trafford it's always too one sided having the referees always on Uniteds side. The United players constantly gang up on referees week after week and always impose their spoilt ways on referees. Last Sunday was a disgrace for all the people like myself who pay good money via Sky subscriptions and want to watch some good fair football. This never happens though at Old Trafford.

off Sky.com

Unread 25-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

I rate Alonso but he was totally anonymous; as he has been for the majority of this season.

I don't think he is at his best with another defensive minded midfielder alongside him.

Can't believe rhodzy said he'd swap him for Carrick
Closed Thread