United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-12-2017, 02:30 PM
andyroo

I know.

Does that detract from Bristol City's achievement?

Unread 21-12-2017, 02:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I know.

You seem to be arguing your own point

Unread 21-12-2017, 02:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
I know.

No. They should've received more plaudits for it.

Unread 21-12-2017, 02:41 PM
puressence

Quote:
I know.

Are you in a room on you’re own

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:18 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Both probably. Although United are an odd side this season. In most of our recent games we are scoring from very few attempts and conceding few from lots of attempts. And the overall performance level has been so poor for a couple of months.

But the results are decent. I guess we will see as the season pans out whether that improvement, at least in terms of results, is sustained or whether we are pushing our luck. If we finish 2nd it’s clearl progress in that sense.
This is who we are though, and have been for a while. We don’t create enough, so we need to be clinical to win. City can have a shit conversion rate and still win 5-0, whereas we can be 2-0 up at the Emirates but it’s most likely from two or three shots. That’s not sustainable because, just like last night, we’ll have days where we go close, but you don’t get half a goal for hitting the post.

Similarly, Jones has one bad game and we draw against £#%&!ing Stoke, one of the shittiest teams in the league. You can’t need your defence and goalkeeper to to be perfect and convert at a higher rate than your rivals on a consistant basis to be successful. It can’t last.

This is on all of them; our mediocre players and the way the manager has them playing.

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:51 PM
LFOD

Quote:
The football in the second half of LvG’s last season was no worse than current. In fact relative to the players available it was probably a little better. If you cast your mid back it led to the debate on here about whether he’d eased up on the suffocating tactics etc.

Some liked to believe that the players were just ignoring him etc. Arsenal win at OT > the whole of this season.
he was shit and so was his football. he had a good run early in his 2nd season , top of the tree in Sept. then we dropped like a stone. In his first season we had a good run near the end , then went into a tail spin and held onto a CL position. he bought recklessly and we are still rebuilding.

Unread 21-12-2017, 03:59 PM
utd99

Quote:
The football in the second half of LvG’s last season was no worse than current.
It was. It was soul destroying. I’d take Tony £#%&!ing Pulis over a return to that...

Unread 21-12-2017, 08:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
there's only one treble: league, fa cup, champs league

the rest are nothing.
Nah, we were gutted to miss out on the domestic clean sweep in 1993/94. Achieving it would definitely be a big thing.

Unread 21-12-2017, 08:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It was. It was soul destroying. I’d take Tony £#%&!ing Pulis over a return to that...
Evidently

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
he was shit and so was his football. he had a good run early in his 2nd season , top of the tree in Sept. then we dropped like a stone. In his first season we had a good run near the end , then went into a tail spin and held onto a CL position. he bought recklessly and we are still rebuilding.
Won 9 of his last 13 games iirc. Also beat Liverpool, Arsenal and City during those last few months as well as a cup win. All while promoting youth including the most exciting talent from our academy in 25 years.

Obviously far more soul destroying than being terrified of City and being outplayed by Bristol City.

Unread 21-12-2017, 08:34 PM
AK14

Not the Van Gaal shit again...

He's been gone for over a year now ffs...

Played some decent stuff, mad £#%&!er, promoted youth (forced or not who cares), signed some absolute dross which has left us with a shambles of a squad, won a cup

Enough said, move on.

Unread 21-12-2017, 08:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not the Van Gaal shit again...

He's been gone for over a year now ffs...

Played some decent stuff, mad £#%&!er, promoted youth (forced or not who cares), signed some absolute dross which has left us with a shambles of a squad, won a cup

Enough said, move on.

More honest.

Unread 21-12-2017, 08:52 PM
AK14

Quote:

More honest.
I enjoyed some of what he did pal and could see what he was trying to achieve

Problem was he signed an absolute load of shit and sold half the squad in three transfer windows. Plus was off after three years anyway...

But it's done now, time to move on.

Unread 21-12-2017, 08:53 PM
sa7

Angry oinker is angry

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
This is who we are though, and have been for a while. We don’t create enough, so we need to be clinical to win. City can have a shit conversion rate and still win 5-0, whereas we can be 2-0 up at the Emirates but it’s most likely from two or three shots. That’s not sustainable because, just like last night, we’ll have days where we go close, but you don’t get half a goal for hitting the post.

Similarly, Jones has one bad game and we draw against £#%&!ing Stoke, one of the shittiest teams in the league. You can’t need your defence and goalkeeper to to be perfect and convert at a higher rate than your rivals on a consistant basis to be successful. It can’t last.

This is on all of them; our mediocre players and the way the manager has them playing.
So you are saying we are 2nd with mediocre players & yet you are pissing on the manager ?

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:29 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Evidently

Won 9 of his last 13 games iirc. Also beat Liverpool, Arsenal and City during those last few months as well as a cup win. All while promoting youth including the most exciting talent from our academy in 25 years.

Obviously far more soul destroying than being terrified of City and being outplayed by Bristol City.
KO'd in CL early doors , out of europe later on - finished out of CL spot scored 49 in 38. finished 15 points behind the champions . spent a bucket load on players not here anymore and a few more off before the end of January. fair £#%&!s to him. you're right he did a great job.

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
KO'd in CL early doors , out of europe later on - finished out of CL spot scored 49 in 38. finished 15 points behind the champions . spent a bucket load on players not here anymore and a few more off before the end of January. fair £#%&!s to him. you're right he did a great job.
I didn’t say he did a great job

I said the football right now is easily as bad, if not worse given the players available.

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I didn’t say he did a great job

I said the football right now is easily as bad, if not worse given the players available.
I'd say losing 4 nil to MK f***ing Dons was a bit more soul destroying than losing in injury time to a team who have a good chance of being in the Premier League next season...you boring f***ing c***

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:48 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
I'd say losing 4 nil to MK f***ing Dons was a bit more soul destroying than losing in injury time to a team who have a good chance of being in the Premier League next season...you boring f***ing c***
we also got done by the dippers in europe - £#%&! me. LVG was a £#%&!ing disaster for united. we played some good football in a few streaks. but he was not the answer. and as far as talent , what manager in united's history bought and sold as many players as LVG in a two year period? and the way he found rashford was by not having any senior strikers at the time.

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:50 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
we also got done by the dippers in europe - f*** me. LVG was a f***ing disaster for united. e.
yep another holocaust of a performance under the useless boring Dutch @#%&! conveniently airbrushed by #@&%!s like Sniders and his monkey

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I'd say....
I really couldn’t care less what you’d say mate. You’re a moron.