United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2014, 09:41 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not many obvious names out there. Be interesting to see who he'd go for.
Agreed, not much on the market.

Falcao situation is a interesting one, he needs to stay injury free the next month or two. The alternative is more injuries, lower transfer fee? Monaco can't afford him.

Unread 05-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

falcao will not be at the club next year. It would take time to regain fitness, then build momentum up enough to hit form.

That's providing he stays injury free.

I wouldn't take a risk with him anyway.

Unread 05-12-2014, 09:49 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
falcao will not be at the club next year. It would take time to regain fitness, then build momentum up enough to hit form.

That's providing he stays injury free.

I wouldn't take a risk with him anyway.
Even at £20m with lower wages? If United play the game well they could sort out a much lower fee.

Unread 05-12-2014, 09:55 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
what a shame Rafael can't stay fit. such a good player to watch and so infectious. we're so much better with him in the side, but those injuries are going to cost him his United career.

I like strootman, but I'd like someone with a little more pace and energy. take Di Maria out the midfield and we're very slow.

I think we need another cm with pace and another 'forward' with the adaptability and pace of Welbeck without the shitness.
I think this is where Barkley could interest LvG. Perhaps not the brightest player, which could put him off Would love the Ox, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Agreed, not much on the market.

Falcao situation is a interesting one, he needs to stay injury free the next month or two. The alternative is more injuries, lower transfer fee? Monaco can't afford him.
Hopefully there's a gem somewhere to be unearthed, because there's no young striker tearing up a European league atm, except Lacazette. Only obvious established one available is Cavani. Would LvG take a punt on someone from this league, like a Berahino?

Unread 05-12-2014, 09:56 AM
witter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
De Gea

Alves - Hummels - Rojo - Shaw

Strootyfruity

Ronaldo - Di Maria - Messi - Bale

Rooney
Subs:
Wilson
Mata
Herrera
Young
Blind
Rafael
Lindegaard

No Falcao

Unread 05-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Agreed, love Rafa but unless he can put 20 games together between now and May we need to address it.

I think Evans may have to go now. I reckon Jones is due one last chance when he returns to stay fit, which could influence who we go for in central defence. If he can't stay fit, I reckon it could be a young defender to replace him. If he can, maybe an experienced head to do a job for two or three years. But Evans I think can go.

Not many obvious names out there. Be interesting to see who he'd go for.
You see, I think Evans is a better defender than Phil Jones. Neither are ideal however.

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:10 AM
atticusgrinch

Having now scouted Strootman I am now content that his purchase would be beneficial providing he's recovered well and Vidal hasn't.

Sell wiggy and Evans. Bring Nani back. Get Clyne to cover Rafael and a centre back.

That my friends is a beast squad.

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Crumps

Quote:
I think this is where Barkley could interest LvG. Perhaps not the brightest player, which could put him off Would love the Ox, tbh

Hopefully there's a gem somewhere to be unearthed, because there's no young striker tearing up a European league atm, except Lacazette. Only obvious established one available is Cavani. Would LvG take a punt on someone from this league, like a Berahino?

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Having now scouted Strootman I am now content that his purchase would be beneficial providing he's recovered well and Vidal hasn't.

Sell wiggy and Evans. Bring Nani back. Get Clyne to cover Rafael and a centre back.

That my friends is a beast squad.
What about Sandro?

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:27 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
What about Sandro?
Injuries have taken their toll on his undoubted beastly qualities sadly. A loss to us all nqat.

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Central midfield should be a lot easier to find someone who can run around a bit. Imbula from Marseille could be interesting.

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:47 AM
saffers

Hope we don't buy a striker with hames wilson and this chap on our books.

Next summer we are gonna sign english (clyne and barkley/sterling) and sign worldies (hummels and reus).

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Jethro

Still want Depay tbh

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Tumescent Throb

I like Lichtsteiner. He's a bit too old maybe...

We need some English talent in the squad so I'd be interested in moves for Clyne, Barkley and Welbeck.

Central defence is gonna be fascinating though. We have central defenders who can cover wide atm - Jones, Rojo, Evans, Blackett, Smalling. We also have wide defenders who can play higher up the pitch. I can easily see LVG bringing in a libero type and playing the system I've always wanted to see United try. This excites me greatly, though not too sure who fits the bill so it may be a conversion job

Blind may already be that man. Or Carrick. Wonder if Schweinsteiger would be up for it?

Unread 05-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Neo

I don't want anyone over the age of 27. Robben? Sneijder? £#%&! off.

Tbh, I'm more interested in what's coming through the youth system.

Would love to see Blackett, McNair, Reece James and Lingard become regular parts of the first-team squad next season, in addition to the obvious presence of Januzaj and Wilson.

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:00 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I'd be interested in moves for Welbeck.
Loving your work today throbbers

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:05 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I like Lichtsteiner. He's a bit too old maybe...

We need some English talent in the squad so I'd be interested in moves for Clyne, Barkley and Welbeck.

Central defence is gonna be fascinating though. We have central defenders who can cover wide atm - Jones, Rojo, Evans, Blackett, Smalling. We also have wide defenders who can play higher up the pitch. I can easily see LVG bringing in a libero type and playing the system I've always wanted to see United try. This excites me greatly, though not too sure who fits the bill so it may be a conversion job

Blind may already be that man. Or Carrick. Wonder if Schweinsteiger would be up for it?
We don't need anymore English in the squad than we do Uruguayans. If they're good enough, they're good enough. Welbeck wasn't.

Utd have more Brits than most top clubs.

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Would love to see Blackett, McNair, Reece James and Lingard become regular parts of the first-team squad next season, in addition to the obvious presence of Januzaj and Wilson.
what if some of them clearly aren't good enough?

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
We don't need anymore English in the squad than we do Uruguayans. If they're good enough, they're good enough. Welbeck wasn't.

Utd have more Brits than most top clubs.
not sure why you needed to quote my post

I didn't mention Brits either

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:41 PM
ashtonred

One signing in the January window if we´re lucky.

You´ll see.
Closed Thread