Ginners

Default Re: This Playmaker we need in Midfield

tbf it done alan smiths career no harm

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:18 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I've been talking about this for a while and have mentioned it on here a while ago.
And in that time, no one has told you what an utterly stupid idea that is?

Personally, I feel Rooney is at his most ineffective when dropping to deep looking for the ball. He's nothing like Scholes and lacks the technique and finesse to play there. It'd also be a terrible waste of a great player, using his great footballing talent in areas of the pitch where it's of least use.

He has to lead the line, as we have no one else that can.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:20 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Personally, I feel Rooney is at his most ineffective when dropping to deep looking for the ball. He's nothing like Scholes and lacks the technique and finesse to play there. It'd also be a terrible waste of a great player, using his great footballing talent in areas of the pitch where it's of least use.

Just you and ginners so far, thanks anyway

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Just you and ginners so far, thanks anyway
give it time

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:23 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
give it time
I'm ready for it ginners, i'll be going home in an hour and hopefully the thread will have disappeared by the morning

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
You people need to get a grip.
of gibsons love handles?

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
Ferdinand looks comfortable on the ball, ergo he can play midfield as well. Wingers who can tackle also make great full backs.
So what you're definitly saying is that O'Shea cannot play as a defensive midfielder

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Get a grip ffs. He plays best further forward and terrorising defences.

What a ludicrous suggestion.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
You people need to get a grip.
who? The ones saying he should be in midfield or the ones who say he shouldn't

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Sparky***

The problem isn't formations.

The problem isn't where to play wayne rooney.

The problem isn't 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

The problem is....

The overall quality of players in our squad are NOT UP TO THE REQUIRED STANDARD.

The problem is us not having a genuine world class creative midfielder.

The problem is us not having a proper goalscorer to help wayne.

The problem is us not having anything resembling a decent left winger.

The problem is not having a 'first choice' central midfield.

The problem is (valencia aside) having £#%&! all pace in the team.

The problem is Having no money.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
who? The ones saying he should be in midfield or the ones who say he shouldn't

Everyone on here today demanding wholesale changes in or before january.

Unread 04-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ridiculous idea. Or is it?

Yes.

Or maybe not.

But definetly is.

Unread 04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Withers

What a pile of horse shit.

Unread 04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
elephantstone

Quote:

nail on head

Unread 04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The problem isn't formations.

The problem isn't where to play wayne rooney.

The problem isn't 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

The problem is....

The overall quality of players in our squad are NOT UP TO THE REQUIRED STANDARD.

The problem is us not having a genuine world class creative midfielder.

The problem is us not having a proper goalscorer to help wayne.

The problem is us not having anything resembling a decent left winger.

The problem is not having a 'first choice' central midfield.

The problem is (valencia aside) having £#%&! all pace in the team.

The problem is Having no money.
Yeah

But apart from that what have the Romans ever done for us?

Unread 04-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Ethers

Quote:

All spot on.

Ludicrous suggestion really.

Unread 04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
elephantstone

scholesy has had a mare here

Unread 04-01-2010, 08:13 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up Re: This Playmaker we need in Midfield

I mentioned the other day that the squad we have should be viewed as a jigsaw. The bits that come together to form the most impressive team, that plays the Utd way, should be the ones starting in every game that matters. If that means Rooney is used as an attacking/central midfielder, or plays out on the left, then so be it. We should be picking the team and tactics that is best for United, not playing any one player in the position that is best for him (even if he is the best in that position in the current squad).

Another example that could, hypothetically be suggested, is playing either Evra or Fabio out wide on the left, with the other one as a starting full back. Of course Evra is the best left back at the club. However if playing him as an attacking left midfielder with Fabio looping round him from the full back position, produced more goal scoring opportunities for our front men, then surely that is what we should be doing (as opposed to starting with a more traditional left midfielder/winger who is not coming up with the goods).

Fergie touted Valencia as being able to play through the middle, just recently, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw that tried out - again even if he IS the best right midfielder/winger we have.

Playing and winning the Utd way > personal glory. All our players are well paid professionals so I am sure they would just put their heads down and get on with it. SSG2's idea certainly isn't a bad one, and I would enjoy seeing it tried out (against lesser teams to start with). Rooney's agression and aura would mean he would have a fair shot at bossing opposing midfields and scaring the shit out of center backs, who would always have to keep an eye out for him linking up with the CF/s. His boundless energy means he would link up with most attacks anyway, and I am certain he would score a shit load of goals. He could be devastating there. More importantly the team could be.

Unread 04-01-2010, 08:42 PM
redhegemony

Rooney playing behind 2 across the middle, in the gap between the strikers and midfield could be devastating. But it would need width from elsewhere e.g. the full backs

4 - 3 -1 - 2

He's not a creative player such as Scholes or Gascoigne but could boss what is often the most important part of the field.

Unread 04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: This Playmaker we need in Midfield

Quote:

magic likes this.
Closed Thread