United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Sloppy

Default Re: Your top five footballing "pet hates".

JCLs who have only 'supported' united since we won the league and moan like £#%&!.

(thats not a pop at you sparky)

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Gazw649

Too many to mention

1. Sky basically seperating "The big 4" from the rest of the division. Makes me cringe.
2. Far too much analysis.
3. Jamie Redknapp
4. That bet fair advert with those £#%&!ers talking like this:

"Yeah, i'll take that bet", "Dont be soft" "They're enjoying their football, you can see it" etc. Horrendously embarrising.

5. The whole nuts magazine / lad culture / football is cool / Soccer A.M shit.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:13 PM
J_RED

1. People who go to watch the team they "support" and spend the entire game berating every single player and moaning about how shit they are

2. People who go on Internet Forums and do nothing but slag off players who play for the club they pretend to support.

3. People who Knee-Jerk reaction to every single defeat and make ludicrous statements about how shit players are without giving them even half a chance

4. People who Slag off every signing a club makes and then reel off a list of players they should have signed instead , most of whom go on to have relativly successful careers in Pub football

5. People who make lists about everything

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:15 PM
dunk

Lack of Patience. Boards, Managers, fans, players. The £#%&!ing lot, they want it all, and they want it now.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:15 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
Too many to mention

1. Sky basically seperating "The big 4" from the rest of the division. Makes me cringe.
2. Far too much analysis.
3. Jamie Redknapp
4. That bet fair advert with those £#%&!ers talking like this:

"Yeah, i'll take that bet", "Dont be soft" "They're enjoying their football, you can see it" etc. Horrendously embarrising.

5. The whole nuts magazine / lad culture / football is cool / Soccer A.M shit.

we have a winner.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
1. Teams playing music after they score. £#%&!ing cringeworthy shite.
Yeah, hate that one. I hope Burnley go straight back down because of it. You should be mad gooning after your team scores, not automatically falling into line with a pre-recorded 'song.'

I hate most manager post-match comments. Invariably the loser will blame the ref and claim to have 'deserved something' from the game. £#%&! off, loser.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Gazw649

"Come and Get me Plea"

Its so bad its almost funny.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:23 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
Too many to mention

This £#%&!ing idiot at work (JCL United), tried to tell me one weekend, when the games were all wigan v Bolton type stuff, that it's in the SKY contract that one of the "Big 4" has to be on telly at some point during the weekend/monday and what was happening that weekend was a disgrace. What a £#%&!ing @#%&!. it's SKy that breeds that particular type of @#%&! though.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:25 PM
borsuk

a lot of the ones mentioned, especially cynical fouls. i think there should be an automatic yellow for any deliberate foul, anywhere on the pitch. players using little fouls to break up a team's rhythm annoy me far more than honest but mistimed tackles.

group hugs out on the pitch to show togetherness.

players getting booked for taking their shirts off or any other 'over-enthusiastic' celebrations.

all-seater stadiums. plenty of other countries manage to combine standing with safety - look at germany, for example.

debt. the german system is the way to go, fifa should impose it on all member leagues.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
a lot of the ones mentioned, especially cynical fouls. i think there should be an automatic yellow for any deliberate foul, anywhere on the pitch. players using little fouls to break up a team's rhythm annoy me far more than honest but mistimed tackles.

players getting booked for taking their shirts off or any other 'over-enthusiastic' celebrations.

all-seater stadiums. plenty of other countries manage to combine standing with safety - look at germany, for example.

debt. the german system is the way to go, fifa should impose it on all member leagues.
Hate that too.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I can't be arsed to list 5 (sorry) but my top one is defenders being allowed to foul forwards to £#%&! when the are shielding the ball out of play. There is no £#%&!ing logical reason why they get away with it, it would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.
People saying "it would be free kick anywhere else on the pitch"

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:27 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wum Tastic
1. People on internet forums who know nothing about football moaning about a managers team selection and transfers. Fergie is the most successful manager ever, how the hell anybody can question his decisions is beyond me.

2. Ji-Sung Park – What a waste of space, how this lad ever gets in the team is beyond me.

3. Dimitar Berbatov – What a waste of money, could have signed Defoe for a third of the price.

4. Micheal Owen – Scouse midget, why oh why did we sign him. Even for free we were ripped off.

5. John O’Shea – What a £#%&!ing Muppet. Why Fergie continues with this idiot I’ll never know.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:29 PM
naes_sean

1: who are ya?

2: 99% of american "soccer" supporters who love the EPL

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I can't be arsed to list 5 (sorry) but my top one is defenders being allowed to foul forwards to £#%&! when the are shielding the ball out of play. There is no £#%&!ing logical reason why they get away with it, it would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

And finally, the hysterical blindness that envelopes the country whenever United score a goal with even a slight hint of controversy about it and the clueless sheep who come up to you to go on about it despite not even liking 'footy'.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:30 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
People saying "it would be free kick anywhere else on the pitch"

oh, and people who say, "it was a striker's challenge"

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:33 PM
toseeunited

1. Being chubbed!
2. Ticket price rises because the "EPL" is such a sought after "product".
3. ABU'ism (i ignore and enjoy most of it but some of it you can't get away from).
4. "Transfer deadline day" and speculation in general.
5. This forum when we get beat!

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:34 PM
thatsfuctit

celebrity referees

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

2. "Your support is fackin shit." The worst ,most depressingly un-original shite chant i can think of.

3. Cynical fouls. Really, REALLY £#%&!ing irritate me. You know the type, a 'ricardo carvalho special'. The other team are building a move and just over the halfway line the defender will rugby tackle the attacker and trot off, having foiled another attacking move without so much as a word from the ref.

4. Wembley. It really is a horrific monument to what football has turned into. They may as well have hung a big sign on the top of it saying "Poor people, KEEP OUT". It's a shrine to middle-class, "look at me i'm at the big game, yah", £#%&!ing #@&%!head corporate box £#%&!ers who have made it the soul-less, empty seat laden eyesore that it is.

5. "Is the best team EVER?" "Is this the greatest result EVER?" "Is this the biggest upset in football HISTORY?" The way everything in football now has to eclipse everything before it in order to give it maximum hyperbole. Keep ramming it down the public's eager gobs and eventually they'll buy into it. "Yes arsenal do play the best football ever.." and "yes north-east football fans are the best in the world.."

Agree with all of those Sparks.

Carvalho get's away with murder. When you think of that Pen Portsmouth got against us the other week ..some of the stuff he gets away with is staggering.

Number5 is my Number1 I think. The over-reaction to EVERY little thing. Positive or negative. Absolutely killing Football for me.

Good shout about Wembley too. It's just a big, fat Emirates.

Agree with all the 'pet hates' listed by Borusk & Gazw649 too.

I £#%&!ing HATE Football ....but I love it so too

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Sparky***

Can I just say a big 'well done' to those original japesters who have hilariously done a list which is having a in-direct dig at people on this forum. I'll be sure to do a "top 5 internet forum 'pet hates' for people who think they're being funny but are just being #@&%!s" thread.

Unread 23-12-2009, 05:45 PM
no fun

england team and england fans

scouse pundits

any @#%&! who has a "second team"

city and liverpool
Closed Thread