United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2009, 04:10 AM
Stone Monkey

Default Has anyone on here bought an Owen Shirt yet?

Be honest now.

Our kid said he was in the shop the other day and plenty of people were buying em.

Would have done a poll, but I dont know how.

Unread 30-07-2009, 04:57 AM
TreeFiddy

Yep, home and away. Also got some shorts with 7 on.

Unread 30-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

No, but once i can find a place online that does printing, i will be sending them my shirt to get Anderson 8 on the back.

Unread 30-07-2009, 08:40 AM
ReligiousRed

Im going to say it, i know a lot of people on here get them so i really dont mean any offence BUT, I have always found it odd that a grown man would want to get another grown mans name on his back i get them for my kids and as a kid i use to love getting my Giggs & Cantona shirts printed but now i just dont really see the point, the shirt supports the team but the name use to be so i could pretend to be him on the park which now i cant do because the kids always want to be the player i want to be anyway

Unread 30-07-2009, 09:00 AM
dunk

I've never had a name and number put on the back of a United shirt. Not sure why, just never fancied it.

I did once vow to get one if we signed Ronaldinho, but look how that turned out

Unread 30-07-2009, 09:00 AM
elephantstone

Ginners has one

Unread 30-07-2009, 09:40 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
what, we bought the (to be) best player in the world instead!

kenyon knew what he was doing all along...

Unread 30-07-2009, 09:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

No but I've Tippexed out the Tevez on my old shirt and written Owen on in biro.

Unread 30-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Brenner

My lad's 7 in a couple of weeks and I'm getting him the new home kit.

He liked Ronaldo, so likes the number 7 shirt (having told him about Robbo, Eric etc from the past), so he said will you get me Owen on the back dad?

It just doesn't feel right, so I said to him I'd by him a number 7 shirt, but seeing as Ronnie has gone, we'll get your name on the back as it's your 7th birthday....

He's buzzin with that thank £#%&!.

Good parenting skills imho

Unread 30-07-2009, 09:51 AM
nick henry

i have

Unread 30-07-2009, 09:58 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner

He liked Ronaldo, so likes the number 7 shirt (having told him about Robbo, Eric etc from the past), so he said will you get me Owen on the back dad?

It just doesn't feel right, so I said to him I'd by him a number 7 shirt, but seeing as Ronnie has gone, we'll get your name on the back as it's your 7th birthday....

good skills! first name or surname?

although i do think that owen is gonna score a hat full, and by christmas (nearly) all will be forgiven.

for example... when he scores the winning goal against the scouse @#%&!s!!

Unread 30-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
good skills! first name or surname?

although i do think that owen is gonna score a hat full, and by christmas (nearly) all will be forgiven.

for example... when he scores the winning goal against the scouse @#%&!s!!
His first name

I really want Owen to do well, genuinely, but it can't extend to having the little scouse £#%&!ers name on my lad's back

Unread 30-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Ginners has one
what part of "dont tell anyone" did you struggle with?

Unread 30-07-2009, 11:15 AM
nick henry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
wrong thread mate
brilliant that mate

Unread 30-07-2009, 12:44 PM
buryboy

Only ever had 2 names printed on my shirts...

Ronaldo and Tevez!!!

So the likelihood is... if I have a name printed - they will leave!! Any suggestions??

Unread 30-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You bastard! Took me a long time to get over that one

Unread 30-07-2009, 12:49 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryboy
Only ever had 2 names printed on my shirts...

Ronaldo and Tevez!!!

So the likelihood is... if I have a name printed - they will leave!! Any suggestions??
berbatov

Unread 30-07-2009, 12:52 PM
marlo

have to post this on any kit thread talking about what to get on the back.

Unread 30-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner

My brother's done that with his kid, mind you, he's only 6 months so not like he had a choice tbf

Unread 30-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Im going to say it, i know a lot of people on here get them so i really dont mean any offence BUT, I have always found it odd that a grown man would want to get another grown mans name on his back i get them for my kids and as a kid i use to love getting my Giggs & Cantona shirts printed but now i just dont really see the point, the shirt supports the team but the name use to be so i could pretend to be him on the park which now i cant do because the kids always want to be the player i want to be anyway
i posted it on here at the time but first day of the season about 2 or 3 years back there was a fella in his late 40's on his way into K Stand with a full kit on, socks the lot. he was even wearing all weather boots with it

it wasn't for a joke by the look of it, accompanying flags and scarf etc

in the space of about 20 yards he must have been asked ten times if he was hoping to get a game
Closed Thread