United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Pop

Default Re: Berbatov deal done £30.75M +pics in the shirt-complaint dropped - Campbell on loan 1 season to S

Reckon he'll be flogged to some second tier Spanish or German side this summer for an 'undisclosed fee'.

And doubtless he'll probably flourish wherever he goes.

Unread 12-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Berbatov deal done £30.75M +pics in the shirt-complaint dropped - Campbell on loan 1 season to S

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Because Tevez spat his dummy out of the pram, that's why

The pro-@#%&!neck revisionism currently going on isn't surprising, but no less sickening for that
no idea what you're on about tbh

Tevez scored crucial goals for United in 07/08, was ace to watch, was a hard little £#%&!er, and last season he was very effective when he played with Berbatov

there is no revisionism whatsoever

he's still a @#%&! who signed for city's 30 pieces. but just maybe he is worth the money in the current market? though not in a 4-5-1 that requires him to sit on the bench, obviously. not dissimilar to Berbatov in that respect.

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Don Stuarte

United fans adored Alan Smith

04-05 was the only full season I have ever done home and away

Trust me, he was never ever adored - at any point

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Surfers do Charlie

I'd like to see who those goals of Berbatov's were scored against though.

I can't be arsed to look them up, but the impression I always get is that he doesn't tend to score big goals in big games.

In fact, Fergie doesn't often pick him in big games, which says a lot.

The fact that Fergie opted to play Nani on his own up front against Bayern, instead of bringing on Berbatov for Rooney tells me that he didn't think Berbatov was likely to create anything.

Admittedly, there was no service coming from midfield, which has been the real problem area this season, so maybe sorting the midfield out first would let him show what he could do.

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Firswood Red

stats don't always give the full picture

how many really important goals has he actually got.

Think he got one against Bolton away last season but other than that I can't remember one?

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:24 PM
red in cumbria

That's the point isn't it. When we have NEEDED him to deliver for us, he hasn't.

Yes, that isn't all his own fault by a long way - and bizarre decisions by the manager such as giving him just 10 minutes to effectively save our season against Bayern hardly help matters. But it can hardly be avoided that it is held against him

Can I just say though that I find the continuing Tevez-love from FAR too many of our "fans" (not least on here) utterly baffling and mystifying, not to mention repulsive and sick-making. We even have people hoping he scores against us next weekend, to "prove" SAF was wrong

Just £#%&! off

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:32 PM
borsuk

we're a better team without him than with him, unfortunately, and it's as simple as that. when fergie puts an 11 down the inclusion of berbatov weakens the side - if he's in and rooney is out then we're weaker; if both are in and we go with a midfield two then we get overrun by teams playing three because berbatov doesn't do enough to stretch the defence to make up for the lack of bodies in midfield.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:50 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, but that comes back to our midfield not being good enough. Which is THE central problem at present.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Yes, but that comes back to our midfield not being good enough. Which is THE central problem at present.
Not according to Fergie

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Not according to Fergie
This may come as a shock to some, but he doesn't always tell the media what he really thinks, you know

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:56 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
This may come as a shock to some, but he doesn't always tell the media what he really thinks, you know
and thats a wum nqat this
Closed Thread