United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:39 AM
MUFC One Love

Lou, we're double champions, and have just signed a fantastic striker, to go with Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo, yet you're still finding things to moan about and be miserable about.

Do you enjoy supporting United, at all?

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Captain Platitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Unreal, just simply unreal.

And sad.
What's unreal and sad about it? They've had people working on Berba projects for weeks, obviously. Every professional football club in the world offers ringtones and downloads and such.

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Yep, we're obviously going to ask the best player in the world to change his game.
I think you have to, allowing ronaldo to come inside is just going to bring congestion in front of the goal - i think what were going to want is for our wingers to stay out on the touchline and stretch the defensive line as much as possible so theres space for berbs to exploit... imo anyway....

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Platitude
What's unreal and sad about it? They've had people working on Berba projects for weeks, obviously. Every professional football club in the world offers ringtones and downloads and such.
I prefer fridge magnets

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Captain Platitude

Quote:
I prefer fridge magnets
Coming soon.

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Lou, we're double champions, and have just signed a fantastic striker, to go with Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo, yet you're still finding things to moan about and be miserable about.

Do you enjoy supporting United, at all?
Dont get all mardy now; i'm as excited by the berbs signing as everyone else... i mean he's being spoken in the same breath as Cantona etc... how can you not be pumped about that!

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
IMO rooney has been playing far too much football over the last few seasons and could do with a break now and then - he puts in a lot of work when he plays so i think he'll be one that will find himself playing a bit less.
This might have been true a year ago, but with all his injury problems Rooney actually played less football than most of the first-team regulars at United last season. In terms of outfield players, Brown, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo and Tevez all played more than him, many of them considerably so, while Giggs and Carrick both played a very similar amount.

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
This might have been true a year ago, but with all his injury problems Rooney actually played less football than most of the first-team regulars at United last season. In terms of outfield players, Brown, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo and Tevez all played more than him, many of them considerably so, while Giggs and Carrick both played a very similar amount.
yep, i guess what i mean is that other than injuries there's times where we're playing him when it seems fairly obvious that he's huffing and puffing and getting frustrated - when he reaches that point he should be left out here and there...

Unread 02-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

My 'A' team - for attacking

.....................................VDS.......... .......................
Brown.............Ferdinand...........Vidic....... .........Evra
.................................................. ..........................
................................Carrick........... .................
...........ronaldo................................ ...Nani.........
.................................................. .........................
..............Tevez............................... ..rooney
.................................Berbs............ .......................

I know Nani is still a bit raw but last season he did very very well and although he's off to a slow start this year i expect him to improve greatly as the season wares on.

My 'A' team - for a more cautious approach

....................................VDS........... ......................
Brown.............Ferdinand...........Vidic....... .........Evra
.................................................. ..........................
................................Hargreaves........ ....................
...........ronaldo............Scholes............. .......Rooney.
.................................................. .........................
...........................Tevez........Berbs..... ............

There's actually a lot of combination's - will be interesting to see how fergie lines em up.

Unread 02-09-2008, 02:31 AM
M-13

I believe he will be one of the United greats.

fantastic news.

Unread 02-09-2008, 02:50 AM
naes_sean

buzzingto£#%&!.com!!!!

Unread 02-09-2008, 03:26 AM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by benallen
Andy Garcia

Dimitar Berbatov

count dracula

Dimitar Berbatov

i see your mr garcia and raise you count vlad

Unread 02-09-2008, 03:34 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight

count dracula

Dimitar Berbatov

i see your mr garcia and raise you count vlad

Unread 02-09-2008, 06:27 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13
I believe he will be one of the United greats.

fantastic news.
Me too, he's a fantastic player.

His touch and vision are out of this world.I'm so £#%&!ing confident now.Going to Anfield this season, with Berbs...................... I bet those @#%&!s are shitting it.

Unread 02-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Default i'm not overly confident

and watch it, i wouldnt get too giddy just yet.

i mean what's he actually accomplished? he's been with a bunch of @#%&!s for a few seasons, we've £#%&!ed a british record on him and just because he's 24years old and brazilian people assume that he's gonna be amazi..... oh.

wait.

wait.

i see.

BERBATOV.

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:12 AM
marlo stansfield

we have been ripped off.

31m for berbatov.
jesus christ.

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:14 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
we have been ripped off.

31m for berbatov.
jesus christ.

Wait and see Marlo, wait and see.

He might prove you wrong.

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
we have been ripped off.

31m for berbatov.
jesus christ.
why do you care, it's not like any of your money's going towards it

like i've said before - we were only ever going to sign one player, it was always going to be Berbatov and it's better to get our man than for the sake of £5m take the high ground and say 'hes not worth that'

people said the same about carrick (an extortionate amount at the time for a player like carrick) but nobody mentions that after a few titles and europe

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:16 AM
rebelcountyred

http://downloads.manutd.com/promo/berbatov.aspx

look at the scholesy animation, he's doing the handball

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:16 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
why do you care, it's not like any of your money's going towards it

like i've said before - we were only ever going to sign one player, it was always going to be Berbatov and it's better to get our man than for the sake of £5m take the high ground and say 'hes not worth that'

people said the same about carrick (an extortionate amount at the time for a player like carrick) but nobody mentions that after a few titles and europe
i just hope we will still have enough to sign tevez next summer and replace ronaldo.

hope no one refutes the buying the title line when we spend 31m on berbatov.
Closed Thread