United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Professor

Hopefully it's all conditions-based and that number is to let Levy save some face.

This definitely eases the pain of losing Dong.

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Terry Silver

Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov.

I'm off for a £#%&!.

xx

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

People were moaning the last time we agreed with Spurs for Carrick.

2 x Premier League and 1 x CL Winner says otherwise.

Stop moaning and enjoy the signing.

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Ether

http://downloads.manutd.com/promo/berbatov.aspx

FFS

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Camel

i'm just glad i was awake to post on this thread when it happened.

i'll certainly be telling this story to my granchildren

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Captain Platitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Kin ell United don't waste time - "Pocket Berbatov - download your own mini Berba to your mobile"
It's almost as if this transfer had been in the works for several weeks.

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

http://www.manutdpics.com/pictures_1...er-United.html

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation

Dimi in the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...entId=82621528

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:00 AM
utd99

if you look at it in perspective:

We just paid 3 to 4 million quid less for the player than another club had bid.

Have an asset at another top club who will definitely increase in value once he starts knocking them in.

Made a shedload of dough last year winning the double, and have now been able to strengthen the team by landing our one true target of the summer.

And if Fergie is right, and I believe that he is, no-one will even think about the money once he shows us what he can do..

Just not having to eat the City fan's shit had they hijacked our top target at the last minute is worth an extra 10 million alone.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Captain Platitude

He's £#%&!ing dreamy, there's no question about that.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:08 AM
shadowplay

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Platitude
He's £#%&!ing dreamy, there's no question about that.
tbh it's nice to have a decent looking striker in the squad now.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:14 AM
benallen

Andy Garcia

Dimitar Berbatov

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:18 AM
RedMenace

It's a few million more than I thought it'd be but I must say I'm pleased to see it come off. I wonder if City hadn't come in would we have gotten him cheaper?. Good business to only give them Campbell on loan too, no mention of an option for a permanent deal. Also, we won't have to listen to Spurs whining about Utd's "disgraceful conduct". Now a winner at the Kop on your debut please Dimi.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It doesn't work like that though. At big clubs there is so many games, and every 'big' player gets pretty much equal games. Tevez is a great example, left on the bench for a lot of big games in the 1st half of the season, 2nd half of the season he started them all.
Know what you mean about squad rotation etc but it's simple math that if you have more first team calibre players you have to rotate more which in turn gives less time to others. IMO rooney has been playing far too much football over the last few seasons and could do with a break now and then - he puts in a lot of work when he plays so i think he'll be one that will find himself playing a bit less. Might not be a bad thing, though when you look at last years games there were very few that we lost or drew when rooney played so i dont think you can drop him out too much.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I also think ronaldo is going to be a bit of a slapped arse because he's probably going to be asked to play as an out and out winger rather than coming inside to score the goals.

Looking forward to this season a lot now, the berb factor will shake things up a bit for sure.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
he's probably going to be asked to play as an out and out winger rather than coming inside to score the goals.
Yep, we're obviously going to ask the best player in the world to change his game.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Weekend Rockstar

Too much money, but £#%&! me he looks good in the shirt.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Unreal, just simply unreal.

And sad.
Closed Thread