United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Prideofalleurope

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
At risk of defending the absurd statement from Rodgers, the events withs kids and women could be considered in his less mature past.
Scouse @#%&!

Unread 14-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
At risk of defending the absurd statement from Rodgers, the events withs kids and women could be considered in his less mature past.
ysb

Unread 14-08-2014, 11:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
What happened to this maturity and responsibility when he decided to father multiple children with multiple girls?
Don't think that's true, tbf.

Sterling is quality but they pile the pressure on him, don't they? He seems to say something like this every month.

Unread 14-08-2014, 11:35 AM
koppas

Quote:
“It’s a huge indication of the progress of the club, a really good symbol of where the club is at.

“We have made huge strides in the last couple of years. That ability to attract top players is great.

“Lovren was a really good player for Lyon and Southampton. He was a guy sought after by a number of clubs, but for him to say he only wanted to come to Liverpool was great news.

“Young Markovic had two or three other clubs waiting to take him, clubs where he had mates from his international team. But he wanted to come to Liverpool.

“These guys watch football throughout Europe. They watch us and want to be part of what we’re doing.

“It’s the growth. It hasn’t happened by accident, a lot of work and time has gone in.

“The most important thing is to have an identity. There’s real excitement around the club.”

Comedy gold.

I forgot the top clubs were all lining up to sign Lambert and Lovren.

Unread 14-08-2014, 09:21 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Comedy gold.

I forgot the top clubs were all lining up to sign Lambert and Lovren.
he doesn't seem to have twigged that he's potentially signed a load of chancers who just see the noble redmen as a shortcut to the champions league.

Unread 14-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
he doesn't seem to have twigged that he's potentially signed a load of chancers who just see the noble redmen as a shortcut to the champions league.

Yes but I worry he might have been very shrewd and they'll do well [emoji20]

Unread 14-08-2014, 09:38 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Yes but I worry he might have been very shrewd and they'll do well [emoji20]
Based on his hit rate at Liverpool so far I'll take that bet. He's signed 16 players on transfer or long term loan at Liverpool and there are 3 that you'd call a decent buy, Coutinho, Sturridge and Mignolet.

On the evidence so far he couldn't pick a decent centre half to save his life.

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:10 AM
koppas

Trevor Francis going in on Big Brendan:

Quote:
"There’s £100million spent and only £4million put aside for a striker, that being Rickie Lambert.

“If they get the left-back Alberto Moreno then I think that’s going to cost close to £20million and that will take the spending up to £110million and £10million of that was spent on Divock Origi who has gone back on loan to Lille.

“So forget the young Belgian player for the moment, there’s £100million spent and only £4million put aside for a striker, that being Rickie Lambert."

“I just think that somewhere along the line the balance is not right. He needed a £30 million striker. Don’t ask me who because that’s not my job – that’s why he is in the job and why he has got scouts all over the world looking to try to bring somebody in.
Spot on tbh. They've done a Spurs and *****ed it on shite.

Unread 15-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Switching Off

That was after we beat them last week Koppas

Hes right though.

Unread 15-08-2014, 10:14 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
That was after we beat them last week Koppas

Hes right though.
Only appeared on Sky Sports or the Mail this morning.

Slow news day, obviously.

Unread 17-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Prideofalleurope

Quote:
"Our ambitions have to be bigger than one player. Luis Suarez sent us a lovely text this morning wishing us all the best and telling us to start strong - it's a lovely gesture. We're bigger than any one player, I still think we need a striker so we'll search through until the end of the window for that.

"He sent the text to me personally. What did it say? Don't be so nosey! I texted him back - it's a great love in I've got with him! He's a great boy but he's gone. It was a lovely touch. Liverpool will always be in his heart."

Unread 17-08-2014, 08:14 PM
wonky no

Fast becoming a decent manager despite his dodgy uncle persona

Unread 17-08-2014, 08:17 PM
vangaalsbigballs

unfortunately this @#%&! has good ideas on how to build a team

Unread 17-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Tense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
unfortunately this @#%&! has good ideas on how to build a team
Yep, taking a pounding off Southampton at home (anybody who watched the game would agree) when you've supposedly bought all their best players is some going.

Good luck for the rest of the season Brendan, you'll need it.

Unread 23-08-2014, 10:19 AM
djsst

Quote:
The 41-year-old nominated son Anton, Swansea City manager Garry Monk and actor Daniel Craig, a 'friend of the Liverpool family'.

Unread 23-08-2014, 10:27 AM
dunk

Again, a missed opportunity to indulge in the age old tradition of pouring boiling oil over @#%&!s.

Unread 24-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Cream

Brendan on sky going on about philosophy and paying 3 at the back.

Oh wait: going on about the character of a player being paramount now.

Now I can see why he was offering advice to Van Gaal, he's borrowed all Brenda's ideas.

Unread 25-08-2014, 09:25 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Brendan on sky going on about philosophy and paying 3 at the back.

Oh wait: going on about the character of a player being paramount now.

Now I can see why he was offering advice to Van Gaal, he's borrowed all Brenda's ideas.

Unread 31-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Lok

What a @#%&!.

Unread 31-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Neo

You'd know a think or two about Ricky Gervais, wouldn't you Brenton, you £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Look at the state of his veneers. Has he been spray-tanning, too?
Closed Thread