United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2010, 04:47 PM
believe

Default Re: Michael Owen: could he have made a difference ?

probably not the useless welsh midget @#%&!

Unread 14-04-2010, 04:48 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Without looking it up, I bet Owen played more for us this season than Saha did in his final 3 seasons. Plus we paid £11M or something stupid for him.

Michael Owen isn't taking up anyone's place in the squad. We wouldn't have signed say Benzema if Owen hadn't signed, he was an extra one. As we're skintmans, I'd say he was a pretty good signing.
I didnlt say buy Saha, I said keep him. It wouldn't have cost us 11 million to keep him, we'd already paid that you see.

Owen played more games than Saha? I doubt it. He certainly didn't score more goals and when it came to it Owen was missing, just like Saha would have been.

Unread 14-04-2010, 04:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I didnlt say buy Saha, I said keep him. It wouldn't have cost us 11 million to keep him, we'd already paid that you see.

Owen played more games than Saha? I doubt it. He certainly didn't score more goals and when it came to it Owen was missing, just like Saha would have been.
Saha brought far more to the team too. He actually fit in to what we needed. Owen has been a passenger. If he's not sharp in front of goal, then he's redundant.

Unread 14-04-2010, 05:03 PM
plopborsky

£#%&! me people now saying we should have kept saha. The ultimate glass man, the person that shit it in the big games. His level is everton £#%&! all pressure and feels wanted.

Great player but by the end every single one of us was buzzing we got more than a fiver for him. No one expected him to play more than 10 games a season after he left united.

Unread 14-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Baron

lil Mickey Owen can take his smug £#%&!ing "I love horse racing" face for a £#%&!ing shit.

The @#%&!.

Unread 14-04-2010, 05:05 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
£#%&! me people now saying we should have kept saha. The ultimate glass man, the person that shit it in the big games. His level is everton £#%&! all pressure and feels wanted.

Great player but by the end every single one of us was buzzing we got more than a fiver for him. No one expected him to play more than 10 games a season after he left united.
No, again, point missed. I'm saying relying on Owen is like relying on Saha...ie. don't do it.

Unread 14-04-2010, 05:11 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
No, again, point missed. I'm saying relying on Owen is like relying on Saha...ie. don't do it.
owen has only been injured once or twice if i remember this season.

rooney got injured at a vital time as well does this mean we dont rely on him?

shit like this happens in football Saha got injured as soon as he got fit time and time again if owen does this then fair point £#%&! him off.

Unread 14-04-2010, 05:58 PM
dodger

Quote:
owen has only been injured once or twice if i remember this season.

rooney got injured at a vital time as well does this mean we dont rely on him?

If it happened every season then yes, espcially if the back up is injury prone

Quote:
shit like this happens in football Saha got injured as soon as he got fit time and time again if owen does this then fair point £#%&! him off.
.[/quote]

He always has before, not sure why we would think anything has changed

Unread 14-04-2010, 06:09 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Would have been the perfect opportunity for him to stake his claim for that world cup spot against Chelsea and Bayern. Rooney out, Berbatov in dire need of support up front (and btw him and M07 looked quite good together earlier in the season). Bet he's £#%&!ing gutted he missed out.

I personally think we would have done Munich had stumpy played a part (the Gerry's are shit scared of him), but it wouldn't have helped much against Chelsea.

Still that's what happens when you buy damaged goods..
you mean berbatov being shit...

Unread 14-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Without looking it up, I bet Owen played more for us this season than Saha did in his final 3 seasons. Plus we paid £11M or something stupid for him.

Michael Owen isn't taking up anyone's place in the squad. We wouldn't have signed say Benzema if Owen hadn't signed, he was an extra one. As we're skintmans, I'd say he was a pretty good signing.
For once I agree with you.

Worth a punt on a pay-as-you-play deal, scored a few important goals.

Unread 14-04-2010, 06:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
9 goals in 11 starts, plus 20 sub appearances. Not a bad record, and of course he would have useful to have around in the run in, especially when Rooney is out Utd need a striker who will look for the space in behind to make the system work. An experienced goalscorer is always a good option to have.
Thing is, strip that down a little and you've got a goal against Barnsley in the Carling Cup, a hat-trick in Europe when we'd already qualified, the fourth goal at Wigan and the last goal in a routine 3-0 home win over West Ham. He's only really scored three important goals over the course of the season. Three league goals fron nineteen appearances. And this is a guy who really needs to be scoring goals to be contributing.

For me, the signing has been as expected. He's scored a few goals when given chances against weaker opposition or when brought on when games are dead, but overall he just doesn't offer anywhere near enough to be a sufficient option at this level. That he was signed was strange; giving him a two-year deal beggars belief.

Unread 14-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
you mean berbatov being shit...
what makes you think this forum cares what an arsenal fan thinks

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:11 PM
rogieop

its a strange one with owen, or as you say MO7

his goal against city, as £#%&!ing superb as it was served only to buy him time in a red shirt, bar that goal he was poor.

he showed glimpses here and there but nothing like the form he has ever shown previously or the predatory instinct he once had, in fact he fluffed chance after chance after chance, most notably against Leeds.

having said that, when injuries were at their height he did come up with the goods in europe away to (an admittedly over rated, if not poor) Wolfsburg. his reward for that was to be frozen out for the best part of the christmas period leading up to the Leeds game, then when he got his chance in the Carling cup final,looking sprightly and menacing, bang, another setback.

im an optimist and id like to think had he not injured himself in that game he certainly would have scored more goals this season and played more often who knows maybe even giving us a chance to rest Rooney....

and lastly, the £#%&!ing england thing. the press want us all to believe he is desperate to play and heat broken etc etc, having seen a few interviews with him i really dont think he's too arsed. before the injury i saw him in an interview where he said he didnt really think about england at all and was more interested in getting in the united team. i believe the wee @#%&! too.

was worth the punt, hasnt worked out this year but he's definitely shown lots of promise.

Big MO7 to score 25 league goals next year!!

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:17 PM
redmike

Quote:

Yep again a case of hindsight with some, seeing that he has played a load of games for everton, but when he was here people forget that there was many people saying his career was over...

We do miss a striker of his type however.

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:19 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Yep again a case of hindsight with some, seeing that he has played a load of games for everton, but when he was here people forget that there was many people saying his career was over...

We do miss a striker of his type however.
agree but i still miss ruud but thats another story

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:25 PM
redmike

Quote:
agree but i still miss ruud but thats another story
Yep If only we could bring back a 2001-2003 vintage Ruud.

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:25 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Yep If only we could bring back a 2001-2003 vintage Ruud.

Unread 14-04-2010, 09:42 PM
taff

tbh that one goal against city was more than i ever expected from him, so he was worth it for that alone. not bothered what happens with him now
Closed Thread