United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Tiberian

Default Re: Cristiano Ronaldo......

Made that point in the match thread, he just looks uninspired, almost going through the motions, maybe it is just tonight, but the Ronaldo from 06-08 was a force of nature. Even last season when he struggled a bit at the start because of injury he came strong when it really mattered.

I have thought for a while that his threat on the dribble has declined, especially when you compare him to the player he was in 06/07, seems to have lost some flexibility. He has bulked up and while he is still fast and strong he is not as nimble. It makes me wonder if he will continue to transition into a out and out striker as he ages. he is not a natural dribbler like a Messi or Giggs.

As a personal adjustment going to Madrid was a bid deal. Spent 6 years at Utd, key years in his development as both a player and a man, built relationships and routines that were probably more valuable to him than he realised.

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Do you think he has any regrets leaving United? Real Madrid are very poor imo and if he stayed at United, maybe we'd be heading for another european cup final and 4 in a row in the league.

His body language tonight is all wtf
Funny thing is, they are very average yet have only dropped points in the league 6 times this season. That league outside the top 2 teams is diabolical yet people talk about it as the best. Yes, it may have the best players but they play for 2 teams. Every team can beat the best teams in England, Tenerife were clapped off the pitch against Barca cos they only lost 5-0.

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Funny thing is, they are very average yet have only dropped points in the league 6 times this season. That league outside the top 2 teams is diabolical yet people talk about it as the best. Yes, it may have the best players but they play for 2 teams. Every team can beat the best teams in England, Tenerife were clapped off the pitch against Barca cos they only lost 5-0.
I think the problem is that most of the teams are dreadful at defending, and are unable to stop Madrid. Probably had a knock on effect on their champions league exit too, most of their games aren't competitive enough.

The standard of the league has dropped considerably recently. A couple of years ago, the 'poorer' sides used to dish out some hammerings themselves.

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:41 PM
toseeunited

i still don't understand why they insist on playing ronny on the left

has pellegrini not watched any of ronaldo's performances at united?

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I have thought for a while that his threat on the dribble has declined, especially when you compare him to the player he was in 06/07, seems to have lost some flexibility. He has bulked up and while he is still fast and strong he is not as nimble. It makes me wonder if he will continue to transition into a out and out striker as he ages. he is not a natural dribbler like a Messi or Giggs.
so you're saying he was really lee sharpe in disguise. got rid at the right time, yes?

he's gone, he's never coming back. get over it.

really could do with that dog jpeg about now (no, not franter).

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Spiffy

Hopefully Ronnie and Real win £#%&! all for a couple of years. Let the Real fans turn on him and we rock up with a £30M offer. They decide to cash in and rebuild the team.

Then when you factor in the Glazers, it becomes Ronnie gets shipped out for a £60M bid from City which Chelsea match and we're priced out of resigning one of our former players.

Anyway, bottom line, he should come back but won't.

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think the problem is that most of the teams are dreadful at defending, and are unable to stop Madrid. Probably had a knock on effect on their champions league exit too, most of their games aren't competitive enough.

The standard of the league has dropped considerably recently. A couple of years ago, the 'poorer' sides used to dish out some hammerings themselves.
Yeah, similar to us when we were pissing the prem, couldn't perform in the champions league. I think that is what got Bayern through against us, they have been playing massive, tight games for 3 weeks.

I was watching last week and Santander were leaving their shit right back one on one with Ronaldo every time, it was like taking candy off a baby for him and it happens every week. Over here he would have minimum 2 on him every time he got it. They just seem a little naive tactically. Plus, as soon as a decent defender appears in that league, Madrid and Barca snap them up anyway.

Unread 11-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i still don't understand why they insist on playing ronny on the left

has pellegrini not watched any of ronaldo's performances at united?
They don't play him on the left. If anything he plays more like a centre forward, which is part of the problem as it's not his natural game, as we saw with fergie's £#%&!wit idea of playing him there in rome while stuffing rooney on the wing

Unread 11-04-2010, 05:48 AM
Grimson

Quote:

As a personal adjustment going to Madrid was a bid deal. Spent 6 years at Utd, key years in his development as both a player and a man, built relationships and routines that were probably more valuable to him than he realised.
This.

Based purely on the little he actually said about why he went there, it was based on what he thinks/thought Madrid stand for in world football, probably (given his age) mostly the glamour of the first Galacticos era. Then also for non-football reasons, like taxes and weather.

If he paid any attention to things like how often they change the manager and President, he'd have known that there is no way they can have the kind of stability and singularity of vision that United has. Ultimately, the players at Madrid pay a price for this.

As a footballer, there's not much chance he'll ever find himself in a better situation than he was in at United, and I don't say that as a deluded United fan. I know the club have problems. But for the playing staff, everything is there for them to be able to develop and perform.

Unread 11-04-2010, 06:46 AM
elephantstone

I can see barca dominating for a few years and ronnie could end up with relatively £#%&! all. I dont rule out a return in a couple of years

Unread 11-04-2010, 06:56 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
he's living his dream, and as with most dreams they turn out to be a load of delusional %@#$&!s

Unread 11-04-2010, 07:01 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Made that point in the match thread, he just looks uninspired, almost going through the motions, maybe it is just tonight, but the Ronaldo from 06-08 was a force of nature. Even last season when he struggled a bit at the start because of injury he came strong when it really mattered.

i'm not sure about that. ronnie's performances in la liga have been excellent, he's carried the team many times. the disasters there have been kaka and bezema, and the whole defensive set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
They don't play him on the left. If anything he plays more like a centre forward, which is part of the problem as it's not his natural game, as we saw with fergie's £#%&!wit idea of playing him there in rome while stuffing rooney on the wing
that would be the same idea that won us the previous year's cl and got us to the final, in the midst of three successive championships? that £#%&!wit idea? ok.

united lost in rome because (a) barca were, as they have shown, a £#%&!ing brilliant side and (b) some of the players let themselves down. not because of '£#%&!wit ideas', least of all from fergie.

Unread 11-04-2010, 07:45 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Dunno its a hard one,just wanted him to £#%&! off when he decided to leave.

Cant be arsed watching him for real either.

And all the bullshit about him staying or going just might stop him returning but IF it is going to happen as when Hughesy went to Barcelona it would have to happen within a 2 year period maybe 3 anymore and its not happening.

In a ideal world i would hope that we have blooded a few new players by then.

Unread 11-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Skag Trendy

He would hardly be better off at United, he would be in the same positon, second in the league and out of europe early.

Mind you he prob wishes he could have lifeted the Carling Cup

Unread 11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Yep - good shout.

His body language last night was awful.
it was in his last season with us. i couldnt stand his arm flapping, sneering big-time charlie potatoes attitude. i loved him the season before mind.

i think he has an over-inflated sense of his own worth and lacks any humility. in short he is a smacked arse and will be wherever he goes. that story about him acting like a #@&%! at the press conference before the munich derby illustrates his character.

£#%&!ing great footballer though.

Unread 11-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Stickman

We'd have probably pissed this title with him in the side but when the player is that adamant he wants away what can you do?

He didnt go there for football reasons, even your nan could tell you that, hes gone there to be considered a 'superstar', one of the greats if you will, its all a tad hollywood imo.

I found it baffling he wanted out after the 2008 double, that side was without doubt the worlds best at the time, and he seemed to get on well with his team mates. It was never going to go away, this Madrid thing.

I dont think he'll ever be back either. Even in 2 years hed still be worth far more than we could ever afford (unless our off field circumstances change drastically).

£#%&! him he's made his bed, ironically I like him more now hes away than I did in his last season, he really £#%&!ed me off that summer. Think its the fact hes not playing us for fools now. Also pissed me off how some of our fans gave him special dispentation because he was outstanding. @#%&!ing the club off is @#%&!ing the club off whether you're Cantona or Liam Miller.

Unread 11-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

united lost in rome because... some of the players let themselves down. not because of '£#%&!wit ideas', least of all from fergie.
for me he picked the wrong side to start with, and then made the wrong substitution at half-time just to compound it.

united still started off with serious intent though and it looked to be only a matter of time before we scored. as we have seen from United this season, in Milan and against Bayern, you never know how a game will pan out no matter how well you start.

Unread 11-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Darth Vidic

Would Ronaldo's ego/pride even let him come soon, from what would be seen as a failure. Its not just the superstar thing, he probably sees himself as a potential 'saviour' for them, to restore their glory.

Unread 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Sparky***

he's turned into alan partridge now, doing castrol gtx adverts.

Unread 11-04-2010, 02:17 PM
sweetleftfoot

Closed Thread