Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Smeggs

Default Re: Fergie's Press Conf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Good.
i'd like to see the younglings get more of a chance next year and if what we we all believe is true that is pretty likely. hargo is £#%&!ed and oldies get older. the core of this years team will still be there built as ever around rooney, fletch and the 2 wingers. Hope Vida stays. would look forward to seeing alot more of twins, macheda, chiquita, james, cleverly, king, eikrem, pogba et al.

when are robbie brady and ravel morrison ready anyway? they are always touted the best ones coming through.

Unread 09-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Mr_Ed

If you look back at our two European Cup wins we have £#%&!ed big cash on players the summer before...

Just a thought.

Unread 09-04-2010, 03:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
i'd like to see the younglings get more of a chance next year and if what we we all believe is true that is pretty likely. hargo is £#%&!ed and oldies get older. the core of this years team will still be there built as ever around rooney, fletch and the 2 wingers. Hope Vida stays. would look forward to seeing alot more of twins, macheda, chiquita, james, cleverly, king, eikrem, pogba et al.

when are robbie brady and ravel morrison ready anyway? they are always touted the best ones coming through.
They're both about 17 and Brady has missed, or seems to have missed, most of this season through injury. Morrison has dropped off the face of the earth.

So, in short, £#%&! knows.

Petrucci interests me. Was supposed to be on the verge of the Roma 1st team squad at 16 but has been injured pretty much since he arrived here. Hope he can get fit and start to push on.

Unread 09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
BulgarianSpectator

Quote:
If you look back at our two European Cup wins we have £#%&!ed big cash on players the summer before...

Just a thought.
Firstly, United have won 3 European Cups.

You can also say that at the fourth final, £30.5m was spent on a forward the year before.

The season when United spent the most money in one summer, (RvN and Veron, among others), the league was lost by October.

Spending big doesn't always work. But more importantly, signing the wrong players never works.

Unread 09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They're both about 17 and Brady has missed, or seems to have missed, most of this season through injury. Morrison has dropped off the face of the earth.

So, in short, £#%&! knows.

Petrucci interests me. Was supposed to be on the verge of the Roma 1st team squad at 16 but has been injured pretty much since he arrived here. Hope he can get fit and start to push on.
rely on the twitter guy who does the reserves/youth to keep in touch and watch the occasional game via fred. Brady was very impressive in the milk cup last summer. henry winter continues to see morrison as a future england player but i'm not sure if it's just good copy cos he's 'balck kid from the hood' etc.

if anything the success keeps these lads back as winning teams stay together i guess, youth doesn't get much of a chance. pissed me off that gary nev was picked ahead of raf for chelsea.

really hope one comes through and stays first team soon. little raph has the best shot at the moment.

Unread 09-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
Firstly, United have won 3 European Cups.

You can also say that at the fourth final, £30.5m was spent on a forward the year before.

The season when United spent the most money in one summer, (RvN and Veron, among others), the league was lost by October.

Spending big doesn't always work. But more importantly, signing the wrong players never works.
No shit.. I didn't use the first simply because the last two were more recent and relevant to the debate IMHO thoughts.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Pop

Marca (I know) claiming an agreement between Utd and Real has been agreed involving a straight swap deal between Vidic and Benzema.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
RedMenace

Had a brief look on their website but didn't see anything. Any link?.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Marca (I know) claiming an agreement between Utd and Real has been agreed involving a straight swap deal between Vidic and Benzema.

Wont happen but i'd snap there hands off. Like Nemanja but he's struggled with fitness/form over last year and i would cash in this summer plus he aint going to sign a new deal.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:30 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I'd take it.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Pop

No link. Have to take this places word for it

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...chester-united

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Got to be %@#$&!s.

they could buy vidic for 15-20 why swap for a player they paid 34 million for and is 21.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:34 PM
RedMenace

Not the most convincing of sources. Are they claiming the deal is to be done in 2011 or this summer?

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Erm, would anyone else be happy with this? I think i would, Vidic is brilliant, but also shit at times, and i think easily replacable.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Johnny Evans becoming increasingly discontent at the club for not starting enough games as he would have liked this season

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:38 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Got to be %@#$&!s.

they could buy vidic for 15-20 why swap for a player they paid 34 million for and is 21.
agreed. can't be a straight swap. I'm sure there will be a bit of cash going to Real. 5-7 mil?

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Got to be %@#$&!s.

Because they want Vidic and we have him. Assuming there is some truth that we still have money to spend after getting £80M for Ronaldo, a big offer wont get him unless we feel we can improve the team with the money. SAF wants Benzema and Real want Vidic. Could happen, but it wont. We'll sell Vidic for cash and allow Evans to step up.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:40 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
There was a report on some other shit website that Evans was being tracked by Barca and Real and wanted a new deal on £80k a week to stay. His current deal is up in 2011.

Unread 09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
The worse thing, of course, is if SAF actually believes what he said about Wednesday's game

He may be old, but he's not daft
Why not bring Macheda on then? He would have offered us energy and a goal threat if we created any chances.

Unread 09-04-2010, 05:01 PM
djsst

Benzema might be a loan option next season but if a big name striker signs then aren't we back to square one with Rooney on the left again....cos Fergie has found a system and it works.
Can't see any name player being happy sat on his arse like Berba has.
Closed Thread