United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:10 PM
ziggyman17

Default Re: Granted Messi's a fine player, but...

If Arsenal had a decent forward last nite instead of the that donkey, then they would have scored more goals last nite, before barcelona went ahead, arsenal had a chance to go 2-0 up, but fatboy fluffed his chance.. if arsenal had of went 2 up it would have been a different game..

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
If Arsenal had a decent forward last nite instead of the that donkey, then they would have scored more goals last nite, before barcelona went ahead, arsenal had a chance to go 2-0 up, but fatboy fluffed his chance.. if arsenal had of went 2 up it would have been a different game..
Are you sure?

IIRC, Barca equalised within about 2 minutes and the closest Arsenal got to Barca's goal in those 2 minutes was about 40 yards.

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
ziggyman17

Diaby had a chance to put a through ball through and took the wrong option, barcelona then scored from there next attack..

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:20 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Although he's only 22 and still relatively inexperienced, I think Messi has made some key contributions to Barca's success over the last two seasons. You could see that in the game yesterday, with all the goals he kept scoring.
I do find it a bit irritating that he's so protected by refs (as are the rest of the Barcelona side).

There was scarcely a tackle on them last night.

£#%&! it, I look much better when people aren't allowed tackle me as well.

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
I do find it a bit irritating that he's so protected by refs (as are the rest of the Barcelona side).

yeah but as it was happening against arsenal, i just enjoyed the irony

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

you can tell this is a clever fella. - 'the way to beat this side lads - is to tackle em'

thinking about it, i think they had the same ref for all the games they played on their way to winning the treble plus the super cup and the club world thing

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Grimson

What separates Messi from the rest is his ability to run with the ball at pace and repeatedly put it in the goal. I don't think I can emphasize this enough.

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
What separates Messi from the rest is his ability to run with the ball at pace and repeatedly put it in the goal. I don't think I can emphasize this enough.
yes. but he can only do this because no-one tackles him - see celtbion's advanced breakdown.

probably best you just let it go grimmers - he's been to college this one.

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
yes. I can honestly say that this is something that you have said.

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
yes. but he can only do this because no-one tackles him - see celtbion's advanced breakdown.

Was a good striker too I believe.

Unread 07-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Unread 07-04-2010, 05:23 PM
redmike

Quote:

Unread 14-04-2010, 06:54 PM
celtbion

Quote:

you can tell this is a clever fella. - 'the way to beat this side lads - is to tackle em'

thinking about it, i think they had the same ref for all the games they played on their way to winning the treble plus the super cup and the club world thing
Missed this one.

What a load of inverted snobbish bullshit and a strawman argument to boot (pun intended).

Messi gets incredible protection from referees in a way that Ronaldo and our Rooney don't.

Tell me that if someone on a yellow kicked Messi on his injured ankle as Van Buyten did to Rooney, he wouldn't see red and I'll call you a chimp.

Unread 14-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

ac milan 88--94 best european team i can remember .

van basten

Unread 14-04-2010, 10:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i agree fountz to a degree but they won every single competition they entered last season iirc, which has never been done before, and they did it scoring record numbers of goals and playing wonderful football. the only argument you could make about it is that they need to do it over more than one season, but there's not much more they could have done last year.
yeah, you can only play what's in front of you.

they got a gift to the final as chelsea were robbed. it was, indeed, a £#%&!ing disgrace :blackeek:

and united were crap in the final.

messi was largely invisible against us in the previous year's semis and in the final. that invisibility might explain how he got between snoop and vidic for a £#%&!ing header, actually.

a front three of ronaldo, rooney and messi would be nice to watch. that and glazer burning on a spit.

Unread 14-04-2010, 10:30 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yeah, you can only play what's in front of you.

they got a gift to the final as chelsea were robbed. it was, indeed, a £#%&!ing disgrace :blackeek:

and united were crap in the final.

messi was largely invisible against us in the previous year's semis and in the final. that invisibility might explain how he got between snoop and vidic for a £#%&!ing header, actually.

a front three of ronaldo, rooney and messi would be nice to watch. that and glazer burning on a spit.
What a stupid argument - the semi final was two years ago and he has developed at a startling rate since then.

Unread 14-04-2010, 10:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
What a stupid argument - the semi final was two years ago and he has developed at a startling rate since then.
he's a good player. but barca aren't that good and he's not that good. even in a world where fletch is considered world class.

Unread 14-04-2010, 10:38 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's a good player. but barca aren't that good and he's not that good. even in a world where fletch is considered world class.
He is head and shoulders above anyone in the world. Without a doubt.

Messi will win the World Cup this summer, not Argentina.
Closed Thread