United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Fountz

Angry Granted Messi's a fine player, but...

best ever ? ..Barcelona the best club side ever ? ..£#%&!ing 'ell why do we do this every £#%&!ing time. One of our top sides gets a good stuffing therefore the provider of said stuffing has to be, surely raising football to new heights !! ..hell, we or anyone else just don't stand a chance.

Witnessed all this seven years or so ago when Real beat us at the Bernabeau.. nobody could stop them.. nobody should be allowed to stop them.. until of course in the very next round they go out to a decent and well organised Juventus side.

Find it strange that Ruud should allow Souness to imply they're best club side ever.. have a feeling that his AC Milan side of 89-90 would've put them in their place, just like they did in 94 when nobody gave them a prayer against the previous greatest club side in the world ( once again Barcelona ) only for them to stuff them 4-0.

Wouldn't be remotely surprised if Inter put them out... infact I'd find it funny.

Incidentally, I've heard no mention from either Sky or ITV how it's surely Barcelona's destiny to win the greatest prize in club football at the home of their greatest rivals !!

...no doubt that will be a future chapter of "Barcelona... the greatest side in the world ever ever.." that I can look forward to..

Unread 07-04-2010, 12:57 AM
shadowplay

Default Re: Granted Messi's a fine player, but...

My uncle, who's about 50, reckons they're the best team he has ever watched.

It's debatable, of course, but they're way above anyone else right now.

Unread 07-04-2010, 12:58 AM
johnfuego

Inter will beat them.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfuego
Inter will beat them.
Agreed. I think theyll win at San Siro and be stuffy as £#%&! in the Nou Camp kicking them all over the place in the process.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:39 AM
tatty

Best side of the last 20 years imo.

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:59 AM
borsuk

i agree fountz to a degree but they won every single competition they entered last season iirc, which has never been done before, and they did it scoring record numbers of goals and playing wonderful football. the only argument you could make about it is that they need to do it over more than one season, but there's not much more they could have done last year.

Unread 07-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Terry Silver

If Barcelona retain the Champions League I think they could lay claim to being the best club side since Milan of Gullit, Van Basten, Baresi etc.

If Messi then goes on to win the World Cup with Argentina - in spite of them being managed by a deluded nut-case - and in doing so displays the form he has of late, I think people would have to include him alongside Pele and Maradona, in spite of him being only 22.

Although that's just my opinion.

Unread 07-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Grimson

Although he's only 22 and still relatively inexperienced, I think Messi has made some key contributions to Barca's success over the last two seasons. You could see that in the game yesterday, with all the goals he kept scoring.

Unread 07-04-2010, 07:26 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Although he's only 22 and still relatively inexperienced, I think Messi has made some key contributions to Barca's success over the last two seasons. You could see that in the game yesterday, with all the goals he kept scoring.

How did you figure that out?

Anyone betting against messi scoring in el classico? Surely they are going to hack £#%&! out of him.

Unread 07-04-2010, 07:27 AM
no fun

his big test will come when he has to help put the nets up, clear dog shit out of the 18 yard box, then play against a centre half who had 15 pints the night before.

if he passes that test, I will accept his greatness

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:14 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
his big test will come when he has to help put the nets up, clear dog shit out of the 18 yard box, then play against a centre half who had 15 pints the night before.

if he passes that test, I will accept his greatness
To be honest Marlo's performance last night put him in the shade.

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Flix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Best side of the last 20 years imo.
Even better than the Arsenal 'Invincibles' -surely not? They were, after all, invincible - well apart from in the games they lost

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:20 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
To be honest Marlo's performance last night put him in the shade.

true.......never thought I would say this, but marlo on telly might even top YHBR

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:24 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
true.......never thought I would say this, but marlo on telly might even top YHBR
was just going to post that. Going to airport later and can imagine all I'll hear is "did you see Messi last night ?" The temptation to say "never mind Messi - did you £#%&!ing see Marlo ?"

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

They are a better side with marlo but without big nose strangely.

Unread 07-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
best ever ? ..Barcelona the best club side ever ? ..£#%&!ing 'ell why do we do this every £#%&!ing time. One of our top sides gets a good stuffing therefore the provider of said stuffing has to be, surely raising football to new heights !! ..hell, we or anyone else just don't stand a chance.

Witnessed all this seven years or so ago when Real beat us at the Bernabeau.. nobody could stop them.. nobody should be allowed to stop them.. until of course in the very next round they go out to a decent and well organised Juventus side.

Find it strange that Ruud should allow Souness to imply they're best club side ever.. have a feeling that his AC Milan side of 89-90 would've put them in their place, just like they did in 94 when nobody gave them a prayer against the previous greatest club side in the world ( once again Barcelona ) only for them to stuff them 4-0.

Wouldn't be remotely surprised if Inter put them out... infact I'd find it funny.

Incidentally, I've heard no mention from either Sky or ITV how it's surely Barcelona's destiny to win the greatest prize in club football at the home of their greatest rivals !!

...no doubt that will be a future chapter of "Barcelona... the greatest side in the world ever ever.." that I can look forward to..
TBF Chelsea showed how to play them last season and they were some very, very dubious refereeing decisions from going out in the semi finals.

I think Jose will give them a game in the semi's but I reckon Barca will go through.

As for Messi, you have to say he is probably the world's best but best ever? Not yet - he's only 22. He did play well but his 4th was just greedy - he should have passed to Keita (or was it Toure?)

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Appletango

Come one, Barca and Messi(and Xavi) are simply immense.

They could of scored 10 in the first leg and last night, if it wasn't for the fact it is el classico this weekend, they would of carried on and probably hit 6 or 7.

I hate to say it but I just can't see us beating them should we end up meeting in the final again.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Sloppy

The sun gave him an 11/10 in the teams ratings.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango

I hate to say it but I just can't see us beating them should we end up meeting in the final again.
No chance.

I hate the condescending fawning over Barcelona but they are probably the best team of the last 20 years.
Messi is up there with the very best. Four goals in a European Cup quater final ffs.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Stickman

Of course we'd have a chance against them in the final.
Closed Thread