United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:38 PM
koppas

Default Torres

Done a search but couldn't find anything.

Heard on SSN that Rafa admitted two clubs asked the club about buying Torres over the summer and were told they would need to pay at least £70m for him.

Anyone reckon we were one of the clubs? Us and Chelsea? Or are cITEH bound to have been one of them considering they have bid for every player on the player over the past 4 months?

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:39 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Done a search but couldn't find anything.

Heard on SSN that Rafa admitted two clubs asked the club about buying Torres over the summer and were told they would need to pay at least £70m for him.

Anyone reckon we were one of the clubs? Us and Chelsea? Or are cITEH bound to have been one of them considering they have bid for every player on the player over the past 4 months?
City and Real. No way we would have bid for him, not 70 million.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Spiffy

We bid £60M apparently. The other club will probably have been Real or City.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:42 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
City and Real. No way we would have bid for him, not 70 million.
Nope.

He said two Premier League clubs.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Aloe Blacc

It was City and Chelsea no doubt.

I dont care about Torres, our interest in him ended in 2006, we didn't fancy it in 2007, you could argue in hindsight but we've won 3 leagues on the trot since atletis final rebuffal in 2006, we seemed to be after him for years, for him to become avaliable only a year later we moved on.

Maybe we'll do everything possible to get Aguero next summer then in order to avoid.

Berbatov has 2 goals in 7 games, not too impressed tbh. Looking forward to welcoming Kun next summer. Atleti 3rd from bottom in Spain and there's boardroom turmoil at the club.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:44 PM
RedMenace

After Fergie's recent comments on Argentinian players I'd highly doubt it.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
After Fergie's recent comments on Argentinian players I'd highly doubt it.
Not all Argentine players have @#%&!s for agents, Aguero's agents are actually IMG, who have links with United.

He's come through in the last 3 years, doesn't have a dodgy brother or iranian looking after him.

I am honestly convinced Aguero will be signed next summer, the only thing that would stop it if Berbatov hits 25 goals + in every comp.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:46 PM
MJ Ramone

If we had Torres to play alongside Wazza we'd win the £#%&!ing lot.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:48 PM
RedMenace

I did read that we had some kind of business agreement with IMG alright now that you mention it. I'd still be very surprised though.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
It was City and Chelsea no doubt.

I dont care about Torres, our interest in him ended in 2006, we didn't fancy it in 2007, you could argue in hindsight but we've won 3 leagues on the trot since atletis final rebuffal in 2006, we seemed to be after him for years, for him to become avaliable only a year later we moved on.

Maybe we'll do everything possible to get Aguero next summer then in order to avoid.

Berbatov has 2 goals in 7 games, not too impressed tbh. Looking forward to welcoming Kun next summer. Atleti 3rd from bottom in Spain and there's boardroom turmoil at the club.
I wouldn't get your hopes up, given the things Fergie was saying about Argentinian -players last week.

I can well believe we asked about Torres. Not sure why we would offer £60m but baulk at £70m though, so probably untrue. I would have been surprised if he would've made the move though.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Sloane

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=625

i heard we did something, i was told we put an offer in but maybe we just asked

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not all Argentine players have @#%&!s for agents, Aguero's agents are actually IMG, who have links with United.

He's come through in the last 3 years, doesn't have a dodgy brother or iranian looking after him.

I am honestly convinced Aguero will be signed next summer, the only thing that would stop it if Berbatov hits 25 goals + in every comp.
That is pretty ridiculous tbh. We won't be signing any strikers next summer, I would't have thought.

Rooney
Berbatov
Owen
Diouf
Welbeck
Macheda
King
Petrucci
Obertan

To name but a few.

And I doubt very much Berbatov's contribution is measured by goals, tbph.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:56 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wouldn't get your hopes up, given the things Fergie was saying about Argentinian -players last week.

I can well believe we asked about Torres. Not sure why we would offer £60m but baulk at £70m though, so probably untrue. I would have been surprised if he would've made the move though.
Me too. He hates United.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I did read that we had some kind of business agreement with IMG alright now that you mention it. I'd still be very surprised though.
His pricetag definitely wont be around the £50m mark next summer. A good deal under that, especially if they dont make the champions league - which is a huge possibility.

He's one of those players who will simply not fail in England.

Unread 28-09-2009, 06:57 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

we did ask but as soon as they mentioned £60m we said no apparently

some papers said we had made a bid we defo didn't so I take it the Divs and Chelski must have been the two who made a bid

I wouldn't have wanted him at United...but then none of us wanted Owen

Unread 28-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
That is pretty ridiculous tbh. We won't be signing any strikers next summer, I would't have thought.

Rooney
Berbatov
Owen
Diouf
Welbeck
Macheda
King
Petrucci
Obertan

To name but a few.

And I doubt very much Berbatov's contribution is measured by goals, tbph.
Why shouldnt it? Ronaldo isn't here anymore...

He's a striker, of course his contribution is measured by goals, if he ends up with 9 league goals only again, i can see him being £#%&!ed off and he could have no complaints then.

Also, 2 or 3 of the guys you mentioned there will be midfielders of some sort for us. While Berba could be gone in the summer and Owen will remain back up.

Unread 28-09-2009, 07:03 PM
koppas

Quote:

He's a striker, of course his contribution is measured by goals, if he ends up with 9 league goals only again, i can see him being £#%&!ed off and he could have no complaints then.

Also, 2 or 3 of the guys you mentioned there will be midfielders of some sort for us. While Berba could be gone in the summer and Owen will remain back up.
I am not his biggest fan but if he carries on playing the way he has this season (and only scores nine goals), I'd be well pleased with his contribution. Already much more improved this year. Was unlucky against City, he could've had a hattrick on another day.

Unread 28-09-2009, 07:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Me too. He hates United.
Literally

Unread 28-09-2009, 07:15 PM
dunk

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Mark Hughes had a couple of seasons in which he got about tht many, or less.

It's not all about goals, it's about the team.

Rather a successful team with Berbs getting 9 league goals than an unsuccessful one with Ruud getting 30. Hth.

Unread 28-09-2009, 07:17 PM
wonky no

city
notts county
qpr
Closed Thread