United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Default Re: Can we slag off Berbatov yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
So we've won, everything's alright then is it? What about when we play a better team. We won by the narrowest of margins today against an average team with their best player out. Sorry for wanting to see my team challenge at the top. I should just savour this one win like the bitters and scousers do? Nah.

Some supporters.:shakehead:
We're second in the table, on a decent run and playing decent football so I think things are fine for now, thanks. I'm just bored of threads slagging our players off, more often than not Berbatov. OK so he may not have set the world on fire but we aren't doing too badly as a team are we?

Unread 20-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
either that or your expectations from a United player are a lot lower than mine.
They certainly £#%&!ing aren't. Just to clarify.

Unread 20-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
We're second in the table, on a decent run and playing decent football so I think things are fine for now, thanks. I'm just bored of threads slagging our players off, more often than not Berbatov. OK so he may not have set the world on fire but we aren't doing too badly as a team are we?
This isn't a thread slagging off the team. The team's doing fine. This is thread questioning Berbatov, it's a football forum. What else would you have us talk about?

Whalefish - how was the poo?

Unread 20-09-2009, 08:58 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
So we've won, everything's alright then is it? What about when we play a better team. We won by the narrowest of margins today against an average team with their best player out. Sorry for wanting to see my team challenge at the top. I should just savour this one win like the bitters and scousers do? Nah.

Some supporters.:shakehead:
spot on Sniffer....as great a result as that was, a lot of cracks papered over by Owens goal today

still a lot of work to be done before the end of May if we are to achieve success this season

Unread 20-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Whalefish

After 7 points of Heineken Export, slightly loose.

Spotted a few cranberries in there.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
spot on Sniffer....as great a result as that was, a lot of cracks papered over by Owens goal today

still a lot of work to be done before the end of May if we are to achieve success this season
The only cracks that were papered over today were those in the defence. Foster and Rio being the most culpable.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:00 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

Touche Denis my old mate - think he is total class - a few goals would be nice like.

so why isnt he doing it week in week out for United then....you cant be happy with his contribution since hes been here

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:03 PM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The only cracks that were papered over today were those in the defence. Foster and Rio being the most culpable.
Agree, though Park was awful again.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:03 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
the defence and the goalkeeper needs its own thread to be honest h

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
the defense and the goalkeeper needs its own thread to be honest h
It does. Berbatov's shift didn't.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
Agree, though Park was awful again.
Much better second half when he pushed infield more as opposed to staying out wide.

Was surprised he started tbh, been absent for a few games. Valencia had Bridge on his arse when he came on.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:19 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

so why isnt he doing it week in week out for United then....you cant be happy with his contribution since hes been here
not every week, I think he get's it now though, and is talented enough to make a big contribution, seems more 'arsed' too (which of course he should be)

Work in progress mate, i think it's getting there.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:21 PM
poppy

Quote:
not every week, I think he get's it now though, and is talented enough to make a big contribution, seems more 'arsed' too (which of course he should be)

Correct.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:23 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: Can we slag off Berbatov yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He was very good today in everything bar his finishing, had a better all round game than Rooney, but Owen for him was the logical choice considering the goal scoring form of Rooney.

He has been a good finisher throughout his career, just needs a few to go in to get him going for the season, but if you can not see what he brings to the team with his composure and class then you are missing out.
This.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Zorg

That header he placed straight at Given he should have scored. The second one was a superb save, can't blame Berbs for that.

Apart from that his all-round play was excellent, but of course he missed one easy chance so is therefore £#%&!.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Alex de Large

easiest chance was the header in the 1st half. class player though. have no doubt.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:31 PM
denis lawless

Quote:

well, patience isnt one of my better qualities ...ive been waiting to see this big contribution for a while now and im begining to think its not going to come.

there are the odd flashes of genius...but for me thats not enough.

his approach/appearance/body language whatever you wanna call it, doesnt do him any favours.....and the way everyone makes excuses for him baffles me.

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:36 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i wish you'd manage 1 good post in 439 you cretin
abusing someone for having an opposing opinion :shakehead: ....youre better than that borsuk

but hey....if youre happy with that sort of ratio for a striker then fair £#%&!s

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i wish you'd manage 1 good post in 439 you cretin
constructive post well done

bottom line is his goal ratio is not good enough for a manchester united player yet alone our record signing and I cant see how you can argue with that

Unread 20-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Spiffy

When we needed someone to pop up and score us a goal at the death, were you happy Berbatov had been replaced by Owen? I was.
Closed Thread