United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2013, 10:45 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard
16 in 20 starts inst bad by anyones standards?
How many when he's actually started?

Oh, and £#%&! you all. Like I give a £#%&!.

Hernandez is a great sub. Average starter. He may improve, we shall see. We shouldn't sell him and he'd be stupid to leave.

Unread 22-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Tumescent Throb

He's got 30 in 46 apps for Mexico, presumably most as a starter and plenty against half-decent opposition no doubt. According to MotD last night United only have 6 goals by substitutes this season in the league.

If Hernandez is more effective as a sub that will be to do with fresh legs obviously, but also to do with the fact that quite often his arrival signals a change in tactics as well - maybe the usual starting tactics are what reduces Hernandez' potential effect? Maybe a more quick-passing style (Kagawa running the show ) would suit him more?

Unread 22-04-2013, 11:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
He's got 30 in 46 apps for Mexico, presumably most as a starter and plenty against half-decent opposition no doubt. According to MotD last night United only have 6 goals by substitutes this season in the league.

If Hernandez is more effective as a sub that will be to do with fresh legs obviously, but also to do with the fact that quite often his arrival signals a change in tactics as well - maybe the usual starting tactics are what reduces Hernandez' potential effect? Maybe a more quick-passing style (Kagawa running the show ) would suit him more?
Quite possibly. That would open up a whole plethora of other questions about Fraggle's stubborn £#%&!ing tactics and whether we would be far too lightweight though.

I like Hernandez, top lad, loves a goal and works his %@#$&!s off, but I'm long since past hero worship, I have to call it as I see it, and goals or not, United always look weaker as a whole with him in the team, maybe as a result of the tactics, maybe as a result of the application of the tactics or the form/weaknesses in the team, but as it stands, I wouldn't pick him under most circumstances to start.

Unread 22-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Quite possibly. That would open up a whole plethora of other questions about Fraggle's stubborn £#%&!ing tactics and whether we would be far too lightweight though.

I like Hernandez, top lad, loves a goal and works his %@#$&!s off, but I'm long since past hero worship, I have to call it as I see it, and goals or not, United always look weaker as a whole with him in the team, maybe as a result of the tactics, maybe as a result of the application of the tactics or the form/weaknesses in the team, but as it stands, I wouldn't pick him under most circumstances to start.
The tactics have brought the title back. That was the remit for the season - end of story.

Unread 22-04-2013, 11:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
The tactics have brought the title back. That was the remit for the season - end of story.
Exactly. Let's hope they move on somewhat for the forthcoming defence

Unread 22-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

hernandez would probably have scored just as many, however he wouldnt have the same impact , as RVPs has scored important goals, chelsea ,arsenal, liverpool, city, couldnt see hernandez scoring in all those games
Closed Thread