Unread 19-04-2013, 11:30 AM
dragflick

Here's one for you to use Barney lad...

Don't bloody mention it.

Unread 19-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard
Hes quicker and (i never thought id say this!!) MAYBE a better finisher than Ole?

Iam on shaky ground there, i think!!!

But to all thoise who've just answered 'No' dismissively, i think its a perfectly valid question and i think the answer is yes!!

Chico 20 starts (usually in inferior first 11's) 16 GOALS

rvp 35 starts 25 goals,

The minutes to goals is better than RVP'S so i dont know why he wouldnt be up there.

I would admit his assists wouldnt be as high.

Unread 19-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Bernard

Thanks for that mate, i appreciate it. And thats in the whole history of the PREM!!!

I dont THINK i actually believe he's a better finisher than Ole, i think?

and Iam not suggesting Chico is a better all round player than RVP, that would be silly.
He would score more goals iam convinced of it.

Unread 19-04-2013, 11:41 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Here's one for you to use Barney lad...

Don't bloody mention it.
Not sure what rugby has got to do with owt

Unread 19-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Bernard

And looking again, those RVP stats are £#%&!in remarkable! Hes been in the prem for 9 years!!

But i still think iam right..... just.

RVP'S full injury record(WITH Arse) below courtesy of Physio Room:
Groin Strain 2012 February 29th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2011 August 7th
Knee Injury 2011 February 28th
Hamstring Injury 2011 February 22nd
Flu 2011 February 8th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2010 August 28th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2010 June 1st
Sprained Ankle 2009 November 14th
Knee Injury 2009 September 13th
Groin Strain 2009 April 18th
Groin Strain 2009 March 30th
Hamstring Injury 2008 October 6th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2008 August 31st
Thigh Muscle Strain 2008 May 2nd
Thigh Muscle Strain 2008 April 4th
Thigh Muscle Strain 2008 January 11th
Thigh Muscle Strain 2007 December 24th
Knee Injury 2007 October 18th
Metatarsal Fracture 2007 January 22nd
Ankle/Foot Injury 2006 November 19th
Hip/Thigh Injury 2006 September 14th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2006 February 10th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2005 December 22nd
Knee Injury 2005 October 17th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2005 February 5th
Sprained Ankle 2004 November 26th
Sprained Ankle 2004 August 27th

Unread 19-04-2013, 11:49 AM
dunk

You're not. The team is infinitely weaker with Hernandez in it. He has scored goals, and will. But he couldn't and won't start regularly, ever.

Unread 19-04-2013, 11:50 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You're not. The team is infinitely weaker with Hernandez in it. He has scored goals, and will. But he couldn't and won't start regularly, ever.
"Infinitely weaker"

I agree it might be a bit, but £#%&! me- infinitely? Behave.

Unread 19-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Ethers

Quote:
He's more right than you are tbf, and considering I think he's wrong that really is saying something.

"Infinitely weaker"

"Couldn't start regularly ever"

Unread 19-04-2013, 11:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He's more right than you are tbf, and considering I think he's wrong that really is saying something.

"Infinitely weaker"

Every time he's started this season, United have struggled like £#%&! to maintain any kind of attacking threat, and basically carried him. May as well have 10 men the majority of the time. If he were to start regularly the team would struggle like £#%&!, hence he doesn't start, and has barely been used in the 2nd half of the season, really.

Sloppy

Quote:

"Infinitely weaker"

Dunk wants oshea and gibson back ffs.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Dunk wants oshea and gibson back ffs.

No I don't. Why are you talking shit.

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:05 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Every time he's started this season, United have struggled like £#%&! to maintain any kind of attacking threat, and basically carried him. May as well have 10 men the majority of the time. If he were to start regularly the team would struggle like £#%&!, hence he doesn't start, and has barely been used in the 2nd half of the season, really.
You're talking %@#$&!s pal. He hasn't started regularly because he has Wayne Rooney and Robin van £#%&!ing Persie infront of him.

Infinitely and struggle like £#%&! ffs.

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:07 PM
92ToBury

If Hernandez could teach Danny how to score we'd be sorted.

Bring back Albert Quixall

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You're talking %@#$&!s pal. He hasn't started regularly because he has Wayne Rooney and Robin van £#%&!ing Persie infront of him.

Infinitely and struggle like £#%&! ffs.
Rooney has been shite all season and injured a fair bit, Welbeck has been played every where but up top. Hernandez has barely even been getting off the bench since January. If he was that good, surely he would warrant more usage? Instead, we have flogged RvP to a standstill, simply because the other 3 can't be trusted for various reasons, or are having to be utilised elsewhere.

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Bernard

Quote:

I hear ya, especially when we dont have the ball your spot on. Danny for example does twice the 'ugly' work Chico does,

But i would say, when we have the ball Chico has the movement/awareness of 2 players so that makes up for it.

Quote:
That tickled me, it must be the worst compliment ive ever had!! I think?

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
I hear ya, especially when we dont have the ball your spot on. Danny for example does twice the 'ugly' work Chico does,

But i would say, when we have the ball Chico has the movement/awareness of 2 players so that makes up for it.

That tickled me, it must be the worst compliment ive ever had!! I think?
Which is fine, but he has all the presence of half a player, so he's pointless. Chelsea in the cup being a fine example. It was like we'd drafted a 14 year old in for the day. He ran around a lot and was eager to be involved, but the older boys just knocked him off the ball whenever he got it, and he knew that was always going to be the case, so became anxious and hurried with every touch, meaning he just constantly lost the ball, prevented us from building any momentum or holding the ball up top and just became a passenger. Then he produce the stunning bit of awareness, movement and ability to get the header Cech somehow saved. It's the conundrum with him in a nutshell.

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Which is fine, but he has all the presence of half a player, so he's pointless. Chelsea in the cup being a fine example. It was like we'd drafted a 14 year old in for the day. He ran around a lot and was eager to be involved, but the older boys just knocked him off the ball whenever he got it, and he knew that was always going to be the case, so became anxious and hurried with every touch, meaning he just constantly lost the ball, prevented us from building any momentum or holding the ball up top and just became a passenger. Then he produce the stunning bit of awareness, movement and ability to get the header Cech somehow saved. It's the conundrum with him in a nutshell.
I think he's improved though. A bit. The other night he held off two players superbly before setting up Van Persie who really should have scored, but @#%&!ted it into the side netting.

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I think he's improved though. A bit. The other night he held off two players superbly before setting up Van Persie who really should have scored, but @#%&!ted it into the side netting.
Against Sunderland? Barely had another touch worthy of the name in the rest of the game. I missed the team news and didn't realise he was playing for half an hour

He's improved immensely this season in comparison to last, no question, he's stronger, putting himself about more and trying to get more involved. Doesn't look enough though to me..

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Bernard

TBF, to him. He defiantly needs to play in a 2. He was/is/never will be able to play up there on his own, and in all the games against the 'stronger teams' (Like the fa cup game) we only play one up front.

Its fine thinking Danny or Rooney can be midfield when we dont have the ball, but a striker when we do have it,but it never works. Chico (or RVP) just get stranded as you say.

I thought the header in the first game against Chelsea was the best finish of the season. CLASS

IMO, He will go unfortunately and it will be a sad sad day in the Bernard Household

Unread 19-04-2013, 12:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
TBF, to him. He defiantly needs to play in a 2. He was/is/never will be able to play up there on his own, and in all the games against the 'stronger teams' (Like the fa cup game) we only play one up front.

Its fine thinking Danny or Rooney can be midfield when we dont have the ball, but a striker when we do have it,but it never works. Chico (or RVP) just get stranded as you say.

IMO, He will go unfortunately and it will be a sad sad day in the Bernard Household
Defiance won't get him far with fraggle tbh.

He'd be a fool to leave, he will have the same role at any top club he might go to, he may as well stay here and continue grafting.
Closed Thread