Originally Posted by Barcabal
best player for us tonight. You £#%&!ing stupid @#%&!s
Phil Jones disagrees.

Unread 09-04-2013, 10:33 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
sell the scouse @#%&!. his touches not as bad as welbeck though
Go and play on the train tracks you stupid £#%&!ing dicksplash.

Unread 09-04-2013, 10:34 AM
united win league

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Go and play on the train tracks you stupid £#%&!ing dicksplash.

Unread 09-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Bernard

Personally i think you can see what a great player he is when he doesnt play?

We miss him as the link between midfield and attack.
I think a lot of us have an 'issue' with him because of the 'City thing' but mainly because he has not made the best out of his career. The enthusiasm, vitality he had when he was young has gone. Maybe thats a natural thing when youve 'made it' you lose a bit of fight & edge? Maybe its just because FAR from professional with his off field activities? Some players peak at the start of there careers, this thing about the peak being 27-29 ish is a myth, everybody is different.

I like the lad as a player, he's still one of the few that gets you off your seat when he has the ball, more in hope than expectation maybe these days

Unread 09-04-2013, 11:37 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rooney is very important for United.

But you know what's more important? Having people in charge who have a tactical £#%&!ing clue.
That'd be ace that.

Unread 09-04-2013, 11:39 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

An out of form Rooney is still far better to have on the field than a number of the players we have at the moment. He will only leavue if he wants to go or SF wants him gone.

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard

I think a lot of us have an 'issue' with him because of the 'City thing' but mainly because he has not made the best out of his career. The enthusiasm, vitality he had when he was young has gone. Maybe thats a natural thing when youve 'made it' you lose a bit of fight & edge? Maybe its just because FAR from professional with his off field activities? Some players peak at the start of there careers, this thing about the peak being 27-29 ish is a myth, everybody is different.

I like the lad as a player, he's still one of the few that gets you off your seat when he has the ball, more in hope than expectation maybe these days
No. Using him as that is Ferguson's blind spot imo. Get someone in that role to supply Rooney right up front and then you'll see him at his best. Van Persie is ahead of him currently, which leaves us with no-one to supply either of them - while Kagawa sits on the £#%&!ing bench.

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:06 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
He will only leavue if he wants to go or SF wants him gone.
No shit.

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
best player for us tonight. You £#%&!ing stupid @#%&!s
Carrick was our best player last night wasn't he?

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Carrick was our best player last night wasn't he?
Carrick or Jones imo.

Rooney needs a change. United need a change.

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:52 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard

Welcome to the forum Bernie. Hope we sign you in the summer.

Unread 09-04-2013, 01:02 PM
The Weeknd

Play him as the lone striker or don't play him at all, imo.

Unread 09-04-2013, 01:17 PM
MJ Ramone

Of all the ordinary, nowhere near up to standard players we have at the Club & Rooney's the one who gets his 'own thread' after the game, questioning his value to United
Staggeringly clueless yet completely predictable.

Rooney's had an injury hit, poor season all things considered - but he's still chipped in with 16 goals (only Van Persie has more) & 12 assists (nobody has more)

I honestly can't believe how thick some people are.
Imagine the current United squad without Rooney but instead with that Dzeko esque target man at Dortmund
Deary me.

One day Rooney might get a little bit of credit on here for his achievements at United, but I shan't hold my breath.

He actually did ok last night & neither he nor Van Persie can be held responsible for the 'midfield' that Fergie stumbled upon.

Unread 09-04-2013, 01:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Of all the ordinary, nowhere near up to standard players we have at the Club & Rooney's the one who gets his 'own thread' after the game, questioning his value to United
Staggeringly clueless yet completely predictable.
Well, there is an Ashley Young thread. And rightly so.

Unread 09-04-2013, 01:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well, there is an Ashley Young thread. And rightly so.
That was started yesterday morning though iirc

Unread 09-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Did Rooney provide any threat whatsoever at any point during the game to City's goal?

No excuses, no comparisons, just yes or no.

Unread 09-04-2013, 01:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Did Rooney provide any threat whatsoever at any point during the game to City's goal?

No excuses, no comparisons, just yes or no.
no.

..how many chances did he get either from outwide or from Giggsy (who presumably was played as our creative midfielder) ??

I'm struggling to recall a Hart save fullstop tbh

Unread 09-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
no.

..how many chances did he get either from outwide or from Giggsy (who presumably was played as our creative midfielder) ??

Header from Evra in the 94th minute

Unread 09-04-2013, 01:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
no.

2 Welbeck headers and an Ashley Young shot from distance too.
Closed Thread