United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Aman27deep

Default Is Rooney important to United?

I don't think he is, and if PSG are interested with a 45m+ bid, he should be dispatched.

Reasons?
  • Can't stay fit. An unfit professional footballer who gets 200k/week is simply a joke.
  • More consistently getting injured.
  • He is touching the 30's soon, and he will definitely be no Ryan Giggs.
  • Regularly goes missing nowadays in the utmost important games.
  • Shows no dedication towards United.
  • Lately he can't even pass the ball properly, or take a good corner.

Am I the only one who thinks so?

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:25 PM
aardvark

he was coming back from a hamstring(?) tonight so was bound to be a bit off the pace...shouldn't have been picked. great player imo and i think him and ibra would be class

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:26 PM
saffers

Probably the last person to blame.

His form has been fine this calendar year since he came back from injury despite fergie pissing on him in the cl.

Giggs young and welbeck in a midfield 4

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:26 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
I don't think he is, and if PSG are interested with a 45m+ bid, he should be dispatched.

Reasons?
  • Can't stay fit. An unfit professional footballer who gets 200k/week is simply a joke.
  • More consistently getting injured.
  • He is touching the 30's soon, and he will definitely be no Ryan Giggs.
  • Regularly goes missing nowadays in the utmost important games.
  • Shows no dedication towards United.
  • Lately he can't even pass the ball properly, or take a good corner.

Am I the only one who thinks so?
No arguments from me.

Sadly never lived up to the initial promise he showed.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:27 PM
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Probably the last person to blame.

His form has been fine this calendar year since he came back from injury despite fergie pissing on him in the cl.

Giggs young and welbeck in a midfield 4
+1

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:28 PM
MUFC One Love

Considering only him and Rafael seemed to care tonight, and both play well it would be madness to sell him.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
No arguments from me.

Sadly never lived up to the initial promise he showed.
£#%&! me.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Mr Castro

Starting him tonight was the wrong decision. He wasn't fit and was all over the place with no direction.

His problem is coming back from injuries and getting fit from them. In the past he's been able to do this fairly quickly, albeit with a better team around him. These days the team isn't as good, and he's older, so inevitably it'd take longer.

If PSG came in with an offer that big, I'd be tempted.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Considering only him and Rafael seemed to care tonight, and both play well it would be madness to sell him.
I rarely disagree with you, but evra and rio gave more of a shit than him tonight tbf

Don't get me started on RvP, what the £#%&! is the matter with him that volley on the edge of the box just at the end of the first half

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:37 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
I rarely disagree with you, but evra and rio gave more of a shit than him tonight tbf

Don't get me started on RvP, what the £#%&! is the matter with him that volley on the edge of the box just at the end of the first half
Rooney was alright tonight IMO. It just made me realise we would be truly £#%&!ed without him, and he does my nut in at times.

To many passengers.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:38 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
Starting him tonight was the wrong decision. He wasn't fit and was all over the place with no direction.

His problem is coming back from injuries and getting fit from them. In the past he's been able to do this fairly quickly, albeit with a better team around him. These days the team isn't as good, and he's older, so inevitably it'd take longer.

If PSG came in with an offer that big, I'd be tempted.
Utter shite.

In reality we should have played him as the striker ad Kagawa behind him.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:39 PM
S/Side.Red

The issue for me is that his contract is up in two years' time, meaning he'd need to sign a new one ideally before the end of the year. Would the club be happy renewing him on his (substantial) terms given the state he's in at the moment?

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Denis Irwell

will he be happy renewing the state the team is in atm?

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:44 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Utter shite.

In reality we should have played him as the striker ad Kagawa behind him.
Correct.

Van Persie & Welbeck are £#%&!ing lucky that Rooney was born on merseyside.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Correct.

Van Persie & Welbeck are £#%&!ing lucky that Rooney was born on merseyside.
They were all @#%&!, in what way does Rooney being scouse have any relevance to that fact

Welbeck is a striker played on the right wing...

You were bitching like £#%&! that it was 'unfair' on Wayne to play him on the wing yet you are happy to slag Welbeck off when he is utilised exactly the same

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
will he be happy renewing the state the team is in atm?
I would have thought so, given that he's played like an utter @#%&! during this particular run-in. Not that he's alone in that, mind.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Denis Irwell

Last time he wasn't happy with the quality of the squad and we've only gone backwards. It's alright pointing to 15/12 pt leads but it won't end up anywhere near. Looking at both remaining fixtures and our form I'll be very happy to finish with a 1 pt margin and although he's had a disappointing season, he's been far from the main problem.

Having said that, if we can get 40m+ from PSG I'd snap their hands off

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
aardvark

Quote:
They were all @#%&!, in what way does Rooney being scouse have any relevance to that fact

Welbeck is a striker played on the right wing...

You were bitching like £#%&! that it was 'unfair' on Wayne to play him on the wing yet you are happy to slag Welbeck off when he is utilised exactly the same
he's not a striker, at best he's a forward. strikers score goals. welbeck doesn't, what he does is chase and run and harry.

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
he's not a striker, at best he's a forward. strikers score goals. welbeck doesn't, what he does is chase and run and harry.
He was brought up as a striker, not his fault he is being used in a position he doesn't prefer

Thats my point, when Rooney was played out wide it was 'unfair' when Welbeck is it's fine and he is shit

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:

Add Jones and DDG to that as well
Closed Thread