United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Thing about Beckham is that he gets more attention worldwide outside football than any other player ever.

And he obviously isn't the greatest player ever.

He was very good/great/brilliant, whatever your opinion, but everyone has to admit he gets more attention than his footballing skills warranted.

If things were proportionate, Messi would be best friends with the Queen and Felix and have his face on every banknote in the world.

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:12 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And apart from being arguably the least talented of the Spice Girls, what has she ever actually DONE??
She's fronted one of the biggest girl bands in the world, married one of the most popular football players in the world, created a brand from which she and her husband can sell their endorsements and earn millions from doing so and is now a creatively acclaimed fashion designer.

You may claim that it’s all vacuous nonsense but then so is coca cola and that’s successful.

Perhaps you should look again at how you define someone who ‘does nothing’.

I’ll give you my definition: “someone who spends all day on an internet chat room spouting off shit about people who do nothing”.

Listen pal, bottom line, don’t £#%&! around with Team Posh.

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
She's fronted one of the biggest girl bands in the world, married one of the most popular football players in the world, created a brand from which she and her husband can sell their endorsements and earn millions from doing so and is now a creatively acclaimed fashion designer.

You may claim that it’s all vacuous nonsense but then so is coca cola and that’s successful.

I’ll give you my definition: “someone who spends all day on an internet chat room spouting off shit about people who do nothing”.

Oh come on. She didn't 'front' anything, she was there to look pretty and has admitted herself she can neither dance nor sing very well. Married someone - that's an achievement is it? Created a brand with her husband - I'd wager some highly-paid marketing people did a lot more work on that front. Creatively acclaimed fashion designer - fair enough, I know £#%&! all about fashion design although I would suggest she wouldn't have got anywhere at all in that field had she not been in a pop band.

Good at exploiting her own fame, yes. Talented, not particularly.

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:43 PM
believe

Quote:

this is why I love you.

"i £#%&!ing hate the beckhams, can't stand them for being successful, sick of reading about them in the paper!!!!! ggrrrrrrrrr"

"don't read about them then?"

"that £#%&!ing slag who's a millionnaire but never done anything is in the papers again, stupid £#%&!ing slag who I don't know and who gives less than flying £#%&! about me!!!! gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

"just ignore them then you'll never meet her and her and her kids are likely to have any impact on your life whatsoever??"

"THEY ARE IN THE £#%&!ING PAPERS AGAIN. THE £#%&!ING NO NOTHING TALENTLESS BECKHAMS!!!!! VACUOUS UNTALENTED SLAG!!!! BIG ADULT TOOOOOOOTTHEEED KID!!!!!! GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

etc

etc

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Word.

Some of the shite on this thread
boggles the £#%&!ing mind mate.

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:51 PM
My Name is Keith

I didn't say she was talented in the traditional sense that you're referring to but she's certainly talented at making the most of what she's got. ergo she's talented. That's the point I'm making.

Put it another way, we live in a society where you constantly have to re-define the words 'talent' or 'usefulness'.

I think for someone who most would argue has no talent, limited abilities, can't dance, can't sing and is 'thick' accoriding to most people, she's done remarkably well for herself.

Not wishing to start some long winded academic debate but was Jackson Pollock talented? People bought his 'splodges' for millions, he was famous around the world but surely, a kid could do what he did?

A bad example perhaps but there's loads more.

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:54 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
boggles the £#%&!ing mind mate.
i love the statement "she'd be nothing if she hadn't married Beckham"

SO £#%&!ING WHAT???!! Unfortunately for her, what she has become is the perfect target for those who wished death on Beckham but can't any longer because he's done it. Done the £#%&!ing lot from 98 - now he's gone from national hate figure to pretty much the national symbol.

"there's that @#%&! Beckham...oh hang on he's ok now and everyone likes him. LOOK AT HIS UNSUCCESSFUL MULTI MILLIONNAIRE WIFE THE £#%&!ING SLAG!!!! JESSICA ENNIS MUST HAVE MEANT SOMEONE ELSE WHEN SHE THANKED HER FOR HER DRESS!!! FROM HER OWN FASHION LINE!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOT WORKING LOOK AT HIS KIDS TEETH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

I love the Beckhams every single one of the untalented little @#%&!s. Why? Because David, played for United like I dreamt I would play for them. Every £#%&!ing week.

I CAN NOT £#%&!ing wait until he gets knighted which he will. He's more of a national icon around the world than the Queen ffs

Unread 18-12-2012, 05:27 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think we all know why beckham was ostracized from the side and ole put out on the right and it had nothing to do with the way he was playing. He was on his way, him and fergie had fallen out big time.

Beckham was a fantastic player for United, i think if i remember rightly in the treble season he finished with 33 assists. A staggering total.

There's a lot of bluster about Beckham simply because of who he married, that because his celebrity eclipsed what he did on the pitch a lot of the time that he was somehow an inferior player. Rubbish.

Roy Keane may have had the natural leadership, aggression and drive but he was in no way a more talented footballer than david beckham, that's just %@#$&!s. I'm not having it. There was nobody more selfless for manchester united than david beckham and nobody worked harder for united on the pitch than him either - roy keane was and is a pig headed selfish #@&%! who did a lot in the united shirt to feed his own ego.

you think United would have achieved what we did through the 90's without beckham? then you're a moron. he was the finest right sided midfielder in european football for a time in the late 90s..the partnership he had with gary neville on the right for us was phenomenal and something we've never replicated ever since he left.
this .....Beckham was £#%&!ing superb for us and if he hadn't played for United he would have watched us every week with his old man a true Red, unlike Keane for instance...some of the £#%&!ing shite on this thread:shakehead:

Unread 18-12-2012, 05:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Put it another way, we live in a society where you constantly have to re-define the words 'talent' or 'usefulness'.
Pretty much mutually exclusive these days

Unread 18-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Albert Tatlock

Love Becks, a fantastic football talent.

His heart wasn't always fully in it during his last season, but I think that was more to do with the differences him and fergie had.

I'm sorry that he left us, but if he hadn't then we wouldn't have got Ronnie, so swings and roundabouts...

He was a better free kick taker than Ronnie.

Don't like the circus that seems to always surround him now, but I guess it goes with the territory. It doesn't spoil my appreciation of him as a footballer .

Unread 18-12-2012, 05:40 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Beckham was superb for United no arguments about that.

Where he compares against the other midfielders in the squad at the time is open too debate.
Keane was our leader, Scholes was better than anyone, Giggs was and is a legend.

£#%&!ing love him and I'm made up he's got where he has.

Unread 18-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
I didn't say she was talented in the traditional sense that you're referring to but she's certainly talented at making the most of what she's got. ergo she's talented. That's the point I'm making.
Fair enough.

Unread 18-12-2012, 09:50 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Beckham was superb for United no arguments about that.

Where he compares against the other midfielders in the squad at the time is open too debate.
Keane was our leader, Scholes was better than anyone, Giggs was and is a legend.

£#%&!ing love him and I'm made up he's got where he has.
What a midfield that was

I actually just finished watching the last game Keane, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham played together. Last game of the 2002 / 03 season away at Everton

Some of the football those 4 played in that match was fantastic. In the last few minutes they just started taking the piss out of Everton by going through a 50 pass move
Great way for the last great British & Irish midfield to go out. Hopefully we win the league this season and Giggs & Scholes can ride off into the sunset with another title

Unread 20-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Turin

Any link or was it a game you recorded yourself?

Unread 20-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Ashley's Grime

At least he's out of Wenger's grasp now.

Unread 24-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Part 36 Offer

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ng-ground.html

Brooklyn and Cruz look decent. shock horroh Romeo is £#%&!ing useless :bi:

Unread 24-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What a midfield that was

I actually just finished watching the last game Keane, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham played together. Last game of the 2002 / 03 season away at Everton

Some of the football those 4 played in that match was fantastic. In the last few minutes they just started taking the piss out of Everton by going through a 50 pass move
Great way for the last great British & Irish midfield to go out. Hopefully we win the league this season and Giggs & Scholes can ride off into the sunset with another title
Can you up upload that game? I want to watch it.
Closed Thread