United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Sparky***

Also, neo your definition of an 'Incredible' footballer is pretty £#%&!ing sketchy to say the least.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah all those idiots who voted beckham 2nd in the world player of year 1999 behind Rivaldo, were obviously £#%&!ing morons. the highest ever position for an English footballer.

He repeated the feat in 2001, finishing 2nd to Luis Figo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_FI...er_of_the_Year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_FI...er_of_the_Year

You might recognise actual legends in that top list too like gabriel batistuta, Neo. If you can fit him in your list amongst flat track bullies like £#%&!ing totti and trezeguet.
Batigol's best was in the 90s. I know he won a Scudetto in 2001, but his time at Roma onwards was not on the same level as his brilliance at Fiorentina.

Maldini, for example, is another 90s legend, but he was still very much a don well into this century.

Totti was a far better footballer than Beckham. Are you not a fan of Serie A? He is clearly a legend, as is Trezeguet. Proper footballers.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Gruber

err, Ashley Cole?

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Sparky***

andrei kanchelskis a better player than david beckham? that's what you're telling me TSV?

£#%&!off pal, just £#%&!off.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
andrei kanchelskis a better player than david beckham? that's what you're telling me TSV?

£#%&!off pal, just £#%&!off.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's all about opinions.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's all about opinions.
Right and on that note, i'm very tired. See you tomorrow chaps.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Yeah, the same Xabi Alonso that has been an integral part of the greatest and most dominant international side in recent memory.

Or should we dismiss that because he played for the vermin.

MASSIVE Red.
Integral part

£#%&!ing brummies dictating what constitutes being a 'red' FFS

Weird spindly little @#%&! :shakehead:

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
err, Ashley Cole?
A monumental @#%&!, but clearly one of, if not the, best left-backs of the last 5 years.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
A monumental @#%&!, but clearly one of, if not the, best left-backs of the last 5 years.
Agree on the first bit

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Integral part

£#%&!ing brummies dictating what constitutes being a 'red' FFS

Weird spindly little @#%&! :shakehead:
What's with the constant insults all the time, pol? Can you not have a debate without turning into a crayon-munching toddler?

Yes, Alonso plays an integral part for Spain, as he generally starts every game for them. I'm guessing you have to be fairly decent to get into that midfield.

I'm not trying to dictate anything, but your reluctance to acknowledge the ability of a world-class midfielder seemingly just because of the previous club he played for is ridiculously blinkered IMO. Almost as odd as your childish defence of Brand Beckham.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:45 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
What's with the constant insults all the time, pol? Can you not have a debate without turning into a crayon-munching toddler?

Yes, Alonso plays an integral part for Spain, as he generally starts every game for them. I'm guessing you have to be fairly decent to get into that midfield.

I'm not trying to dictate anything, but your reluctance to acknowledge the ability of a world-class midfielder seemingly just because of the previous club he played for is ridiculously blinkered IMO. Almost as odd as your childish defence of Brand Beckham.
I'm not defending 'brand Beckham' am I though

Did I not say I would like to smash that kids teeth out with his umbrella

I don't agree with the reinvention of Beckham as a so-so footballer to suit is all

The guy was incredible for us and yes I do have love for him because of that

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Part 36 Offer

kanchelskis better than beckham

ycnmiu. this place is £#%&!ing barmy at times.

Beckham gets a bad press from the professional manc mong brigade because they think he is a 'fanny' for enjoying the celebrity side of being a footballer. It's often down to deep rooted jealousy that Beckham gets so much so grief tbh.

Beckham was a tremendous footballer.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
kanchelskis better than beckham

ycnmiu. this place is £#%&!ing barmy at times.

Beckham gets a bad press from the professional manc mong brigade because they think he is a 'fanny' for enjoying the celebrity side of being a footballer. It's often down to deep rooted jealousy that Beckham gets so much so grief tbh.

Beckham was a tremendous footballer.
Parters getting it wrong again

Thus far pol it's been a string of OOT'rs slagging him and Sparky manfully fending them off

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Neo

Quote:

I don't agree with the reinvention of Beckham as a so-so footballer to suit is all

I think you'll find that we both agree more than we disagree.

We both think Beckham was an excellent player, we both think he was one of the best players we've had under Fergie and we both think his Brand bullshit is nonsense.

I probably don't quite rate him as highly as you in terms of ability, but that's not to say I don't think he was class, because he was. Slightly overhyped though.

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Parters getting it wrong again

Thus far pol it's been a string of OOT'rs slagging him and Sparky manfully fending them off
you're from bury aren't you pol

Unread 18-12-2012, 06:40 AM
believe

partohs bang on the £#%&!ing money although what kind of jealousy pushes you to saying a child isn't model material though is beyond me

From 96-2001 Beckham was integral to everything United won yet we'll slag him off and compare him to xabi alonso anyway. oh and just to make sure everyone knows how much we hate him, we'll say is wife's unsuccessful. none of us know this and the indications tell us otherwise, but she's just just a baby popping slag!!! grrrrrr the beckhams!!! grrrrrr

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
I think we all know why beckham was ostracized from the side and ole put out on the right and it had nothing to do with the way he was playing. He was on his way, him and fergie had fallen out big time.

Beckham was a fantastic player for United, i think if i remember rightly in the treble season he finished with 33 assists. A staggering total.

There's a lot of bluster about Beckham simply because of who he married, that because his celebrity eclipsed what he did on the pitch a lot of the time that he was somehow an inferior player. Rubbish.

Roy Keane may have had the natural leadership, aggression and drive but he was in no way a more talented footballer than david beckham, that's just %@#$&!s. I'm not having it. There was nobody more selfless for manchester united than david beckham and nobody worked harder for united on the pitch than him either - roy keane was and is a pig headed selfish #@&%! who did a lot in the united shirt to feed his own ego.

you think United would have achieved what we did through the 90's without beckham? then you're a moron. he was the finest right sided midfielder in european football for a time in the late 90s..the partnership he had with gary neville on the right for us was phenomenal and something we've never replicated ever since he left.
The truth bomb right there....

I cannot believe some of the abuse Beckham gets on here, but it would not be Fred without the moaning and bitching.

Beckham was a fantastic player during his time at United and lives and breathes MUFC. His biggest crime was marrying that miserable skeleton looking @#%&!, but I am not going to hold that aginst him. What he does in his personal life and who he chooses to fall in love with will never tarnish his contribution to Manchester United in my view.

FWIW I bumped in to Beckham almost a year ago, he is as a nice guy as you will ever likely to meet. I was sat in a tea room at a crematorium and he walked in with his boys. Only me, my son and his his family, Becks went out of his way to come and spend time us. It was one of the most surreal events in my life, he was like any other bloke that had just walked in off the street.

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:36 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:

proper loved the club as well

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:14 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Totti was a far better footballer than Beckham.
Absolute nonsense.

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Zorg

£#%&!ing hell, some of the absolute dogshit on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Beckham worked his arse off for the team, he was never the most gifted player but he made up for it by working his arse off

Beckham had one of the most incredible types of delivery I've ever seen - in fact no-one else even struck a ball like he did, with that peculiar run-up and his right foot curled around it. A bit like Ronaldo has his own style, so did Beckham. His passing was out of this world, his crossing the best I've ever seen bar none and he could hit the top corner of the net from 30 yards without much trouble. On top of that he was dedicated, United-obsessed and there were occasions when he dragged United through matches on his own every bit as much as Keane did.

'Not the most gifted'? ffs, I've heard it all now

Some of the re-writing of history that goes on here amazes me. Everyone hates his celebrity lifetyle, so we have to make out he didn't do all that much at United, never came 2nd in world footballer of the year and was basically a good-looking Ray Parlour.

£#%&!ing hell.
Closed Thread