United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
He looks like his mum, isn't he the one who is an Arsenal supporter? little £#%&!er.
£#%&!ing hell, I'd keep him away from there! Mind you, he's already got Elton John as his Godfather.

Unread 18-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
£#%&!ing hell, I'd keep him away from there! Mind you, he's already got Elton John as his Godfather.
Too late then (allegedly)

Unread 18-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Beckham, as good as he was, was never good enough to justify the constant circus around him either. Probably wouldn't even get in a list of the best 50 footballers of the 21st century.

What a load of %@#$&!s :shakehead:

Edit: I'm sure Ballotelli or Drogba would make your (or should that be sky's) list

The guy was immense, and his sheer force of will won us countless games

Stop talking shit

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:01 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think you know as well as i do that his kids are never going to have "proper" jobs. They'll end up doing something like modelling or just spend their lives appearing in those god awful gossip mags like paris hilton, famous for being famous, that type of shit.
But their dad was a poor footballer apparently :shakehead:

Neo in not knowing £#%&! all about Utd shocker

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
What a load of %@#$&!s :shakehead:
At his peak he had as much hype as Ronaldo does now, ffs.

He was never good enough to justify that hype. He was world-class at his best, but he was never going to win a Ballon d'Or.

A very good player who had a circus following because of who he married and how he embraced celebrity, as opposed to his footballing ability.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Neo

Question

Quote:
But their dad was a poor footballer apparently :shakehead:

Neo in not knowing £#%&! all about Utd shocker
Where did I say he was a 'poor footballer'?

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
I would like to think that Beckham, as thick as he is, would realise that tombstone kid there isn't model material!

Beckham himself is a freak of nature, stupidly attractive and great at what he did/does less often nowadays...

She is a desperate cow who knew she was on a finite thing, used 'brand beckham' to reinvent herself as a designer... Failed... Now she is pushing ugly kids into the limelight, precisely what happened to her!

Out of the 2 of them I'm fairly confident it is her who is the bigger @#%&!

Or are you a massive Spice girls fan along with being a weird mummy obsessed individual?
Explain what the bits in bold mean please.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Where did I say he was a 'poor footballer'?
'He probably wouldn't get in the top 50 players of the 21st century'

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Explain what the bits in bold mean please.
Self explanatory Norman

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
At his peak he had as much hype as Ronaldo does now, ffs.

He was never good enough to justify that hype. He was world-class at his best, but he was never going to win a Ballon d'Or.

A very good player who had a circus following because of who he married and how he embraced celebrity, as opposed to his footballing ability.
I don't think he courted the celebrity (didn't we have this convo in the Cleverly thread) until he met her though, it's not HIS doing..

He was far and away the best player in this country for 2 or 3 years... What does the ballon d'or have to do with it

He as I said previously picked us up by our bootstraps in games and won them for us almost single-handedly

He's a Utd great end of! His wife is a desperate @#%&! but that doesn't change what he is

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Sparky***

I find it hard to believe the way some united fans feel about a bloke who is after all one of our own.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Ashley's Grime

When you watch the Fergie 2000 goals dvd, Beckham created dozens of goals for us. One of the best crossers of a ball ever.

Shame his wife is a sour faced, attention seeking, talentless parasite who's only talent is knocking out one of his sprogs every few years.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
I don't think he courted the celebrity (didn't we have this convo in the Cleverly thread) until he met her though, it's not HIS doing..

He was far and away the best player in this country for 2 or 3 years... What does the ballon d'or have to do with it

He as I said previously picked us up by our bootstraps in games and won them for us almost single-handedly

He's a Utd great end of! His wife is a desperate @#%&! but that doesn't change what he is
Beckham wasn't the best midfielder at United, never mind any position for any club. Do you not remember Solskjaer winning his place in the side at Beckham's expense? I'm guessing you were a kid when Beckham played because he was never the player you think he was.

What does the mummy obsessed comment mean? If it was self explanatory I wouldn't have asked. Have you just made it up?

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Blagger

I was 7 years old when Beckham was in his heyday at United, about 11 when he left. Used to idolise the guy. Remember walking back from Old Trafford with my Grandad (top red), and he told me never to have heroes, as they'll only let you down. Guy was right. £#%&! off Beckham.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Beckham wasn't the best midfielder at United, never mind any position for any club. Do you not remember Solskjaer winning his place in the side at Beckham's expense? I'm guessing you were a kid when Beckham played because he was never the player you think he was.

What does the mummy obsessed comment mean? If it was self explanatory I wouldn't have asked. Have you just made it up?
No, I remember Solskjaer being put there by SAF once Beckham had gone

I'm not a kid so enough of your condescension ta :£#%&!er:

£#%&! me, if you are as world-wise as you pretend to be you would have understood my Norman reference

Should I have called you Mr Bates?

You are a creepy £#%&!er, I'd venture aspergers if not full-on autistic

Does that clarify it sufficiently or do you want me to draw a picture!

Bed-wetter

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

I think we all know why beckham was ostracized from the side and ole put out on the right and it had nothing to do with the way he was playing. He was on his way, him and fergie had fallen out big time.

Beckham was a fantastic player for United, i think if i remember rightly in the treble season he finished with 33 assists. A staggering total.

There's a lot of bluster about Beckham simply because of who he married, that because his celebrity eclipsed what he did on the pitch a lot of the time that he was somehow an inferior player. Rubbish.

Roy Keane may have had the natural leadership, aggression and drive but he was in no way a more talented footballer than david beckham, that's just %@#$&!s. I'm not having it. There was nobody more selfless for manchester united than david beckham and nobody worked harder for united on the pitch than him either - roy keane was and is a pig headed selfish #@&%! who did a lot in the united shirt to feed his own ego.

you think United would have achieved what we did through the 90's without beckham? then you're a moron. he was the finest right sided midfielder in european football for a time in the late 90s..the partnership he had with gary neville on the right for us was phenomenal and something we've never replicated ever since he left.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Neo

Quote:
'He probably wouldn't get in the top 50 players of the 21st century'
The top 50 players of the 21st century would be a list of utterly incredible footballers. Are you seriously suggesting that the next 50 would all be poor?

Off the top of my head, and in no particular order, I can think of:

Messi
Ronaldo
C. Ronaldo
Zidane
Ronaldinho
Xavi
Iniesta
Scholes
Giggs
Kaka
Eto'o
Henry
Raul
Van Nistelrooy
Buffon
Keane
Shevchenko
Rooney
Nesta
Cannavaro
Cafu
Zanetti
Del Piero
Figo
Casillas
Van Der Sar
Ferdinand
Stam
Pirlo
Inzaghi
Nedved
Roberto Carlos
David Villa
Vidic
Vieira
Busquets
Xabi Alonso
Totti
Kahn
Lahm
Schweinsteiger
Ibrahimovic
Sneijder
Trezeguet
Puyol
Ashley Cole
Ozil
Drogba
Maldini
Rui Costa

Tbf, Beckham probably deserves to be in there, but he'd be nowhere near the top half of that list IMO.

To claim he was the best player in the country for three years is mental. He was phenomenal in 2001/02, but the season after we saw Solskjaer dump him out of the team before Fergie £#%&!ed him off to Spain.

As Pop said, he was comfortably behind Scholes and Keane. Roy Keane was the best player in the country between 1999 and 2003. Beckham was an excellent player, but a lot of Reds (IMO) seem to have a very rose-tinted view of him as a player. The kid who replaced him was worthy of the level of hype Beckham received.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The top 50 players of the 21st century would be a list of utterly incredible footballers. Are you seriously suggesting that the next 50 would all be poor?

Off the top of my head, and in no particular order, I can think of:

Messi
Ronaldo
C. Ronaldo
Zidane
Ronaldinho
Xavi
Iniesta
Scholes
Giggs
Kaka
Eto'o
Henry
Raul
Van Nistelrooy
Buffon
Keane
Shevchenko
Rooney
Nesta
Cannavaro
Cafu
Zanetti
Del Piero
Figo
Casillas
Van Der Sar
Ferdinand
Stam
Pirlo
Inzaghi
Nedved
Roberto Carlos
David Villa
Vidic
Vieira
Busquets
Xabi Alonso
Totti
Kahn
Lahm
Schweinsteiger
Ibrahimovic
Sneijder
Trezeguet
Puyol
Ashley Cole
Ozil
Drogba
Maldini
Rui Costa

Tbf, Beckham probably deserves to be in there, but he'd be nowhere near the top half of that list IMO.

To claim he was the best player in the country for three years is mental. He was phenomenal in 2001/02, but the season after we saw Solskjaer dump him out of the team before Fergie £#%&!ed him off to Spain.

As Pop said, he was comfortably behind Scholes and Keane. Roy Keane was the best player in the country between 1999 and 2003. Beckham was an excellent player, but a lot of Reds (IMO) seem to have a very rose-tinted view of him as a player. The kid who replaced him was worthy of the level of hype Beckham received.

Xabi Alonso better than Beckham

Alright then Steven, you forgot to add Joe Cole

Silly me, I thought Beckham wanted to go to and was wanted by Real Madrid! If only they had known he was running away from the competition for his place provided by Ole

They must feel really stupid having paid for him seeing as he was '£#%&!ed off' by SAF

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Neo

Quote:
Xabi Alonso better than Beckham

Alright then Steven, you forgot to add Joe Cole
Yeah, the same Xabi Alonso that has been an integral part of the greatest and most dominant international side in recent memory.

Or should we dismiss that because he played for the vermin.

MASSIVE Red.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Sparky***

Yeah all those idiots who voted beckham 2nd in the world player of year 1999 behind Rivaldo, were obviously £#%&!ing morons. the highest ever position for an English footballer.

He repeated the feat in 2001, finishing 2nd to Luis Figo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_FI...er_of_the_Year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_FI...er_of_the_Year

You might recognise actual legends in that top list too like gabriel batistuta, Neo. If you can fit him in your list amongst flat track bullies like £#%&!ing totti and trezeguet.
Closed Thread