United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2013, 12:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard
Dermont Gallaher was on Talksport and he said the rules state that the keeper 'handballing' a back pass is a yellow card, no matter were the ball was going??!!!
Dermot Gallagher put the 'Roy Carroll / Pedro Mendez INCIDENT' on a par with the JFK assassination on Talksport the other day.
Apparently it was a moment that he'll never forget & from that day on he believed goal line technology was compulsory (even though it was a nothing game with neither team in the hunt for any silverware) - unusual that he chose to mention that when we've had at least 3 goals not given for us in the years since when the ball has clearly gone over the line.

£#%&!ing United doing things years ago that we can bloody well tie in with contemporary incidents

Unread 22-04-2013, 12:34 PM
The Return of JC

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Dermot Gallagher put the 'Roy Carroll / Pedro Mendez INCIDENT' on a par with the JFK assassination on Talksport the other day.
Apparently it was a moment that he'll never forget & from that day on he believed goal line technology was compulsory (even though it was a nothing game with neither team in the hunt for any silverware) - unusual that he chose to mention that when we've had at least 3 goals not given for us in the years since when the ball has clearly gone over the line.

£#%&!ing United doing things years ago that we can bloody well tie in with contemporary incidents
What was that goal from the seventies that hit the top corner stantion and came back out. Why not reference that. As long as we're digging up incidents from the past. That one hit the back of the net and came back out.

Unread 22-04-2013, 12:36 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
What was that goal from the seventies that hit the top corner stantion and came back out. Why not reference that. As long as we're digging up incidents from the past. That one hit the back of the net and came back out.
The stauntion?

Unread 22-04-2013, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Clive Allen wasn't it?

Edit.

That's just £#%&!ing shocking

Unread 22-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Nero

Quote:
The stauntion?
Only mental people say stauntion

Unread 22-04-2013, 12:41 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
The stauntion?
I stand corrected. Genuinely don't think I've ever seen that word written down before.

Unread 22-04-2013, 12:45 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Only mental people say stauntion
Steve Stauntion?

Unread 22-04-2013, 01:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I stand corrected. Genuinely don't think I've ever seen that word written down before.
It's an old 'Fantasy Football League' gag ...

Unread 22-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Mr Kaboom

Unread 22-04-2013, 01:05 PM
The taste of...

why yer got box nets innit

Unread 22-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Bernard

Quote:
The stauntion?
Hahahah Is that Clive Allen?

I bet you had to spell check that!!

Unread 22-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:

The reason he's on Talkshite is because he got the boot from SSN after saying someone had had "a holocaust."

Unread 22-04-2013, 01:25 PM
otbarney

It's stantion, no staunchion.

Unread 22-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard
Exactly what i thought,

Dermont Gallaher was on Talksport and he said the rules state that the keeper 'handballing' a back pass is a yellow card, no matter were the ball was going??!!!

They need to change that rule?!
This happened in a City game earlier this season. I think they were playing Norwich away. The Norwich keeper tipped a lofted backpass over the bar and only a corner was given. The rules are that a freekick should have been given.

Unread 22-04-2013, 04:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Clive Allen wasn't it?

Edit.

The Goal That Never Was - Coventry v C Palace 1980 - YouTube

That's just £#%&!ing shocking
Bulgaria v Romania (?) at Euro '96 is the worst one I can remember :shakehead:

Unread 22-04-2013, 06:43 PM
taff

Quote:
the top corner stantion
Quote:
The stauntion?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
It's stantion, no staunchion.

stanchion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanchion

Unread 22-04-2013, 07:38 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
Oh £#%&!, I hate my phone sometimes.

Unread 22-04-2013, 07:44 PM
wiganste

Quote:

Mark Hughes scored one for Southampton a few years ago that never counted either. It actually hit the back of the net, the advertising boards behind the net and came out and it was waved play on. Think it was against leeds too.
Closed Thread