United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
whats funny?

you saying theyre not often fit or just not good?

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:42 AM
dunk

As ridiculous as it sounds, you would have to put Upson ahead of Jagielka as well, Jags is probably on a par with Lescott.

That's right, Joleon Lescott.

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:42 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Think he'd broken into his national team as first choice, rather than 4th/5th before he was 28. Tbh, the comparison is ridicuous.
You said slow and short. Cannavaro doesn't have the best turn of pace and he is shorter than me. He also plays centreback. So a slow short centreback.

In terms of football play you are right the comparisson is rediculous. Super Jags is 8 years younger than Fabio and has already scored nearly twice as many goals.

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
You said slow and short. Cannavaro doesn't have the best turn of pace and he is shorter than me. He also plays centreback. So a slow short centreback.

In terms of football play you are right the comparisson is rediculous. Super Jags is 8 years younger than Fabio and has already scored nearly twice as many goals.
Only 130 international caps, a World Cup winners medal, and a fair few European and domestic honours behind too.

Mal Donaghy was a short slow centreback too.

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:48 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Only 130 international caps, a World Cup winners medal, and a fair few European and domestic honours behind too.
One of the great defenders of his generation. Didn't score too many goals though.

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
One of the great defenders of his generation. Didn't score too many goals though.
Mal Donaghy?

And, was he supposed to?

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Unlike the Jagmeister who has 5 in his time at the top level of the game. Literally can't stop scoring.

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mal Donaghy?

And, was he supposed to?
Yup, Jaggo based his game on him.

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yup, Jaggo based his game on him.
£#%&!. He might end up at OT when he's in his 30's then

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!. He might end up at OT when he's in his 30's then
The thought of Donaghy still annoys me.

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:59 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
rio
terry
king
dawson

all ahead of jagielka when fit.

I think he's better than all except Rio, and Rio's a cripple.

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
well thats fair enough, youre allowed to think that. capello disagrees with you though, as do much of the country i imagine.

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:03 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I'd agree with that, of course he doesn't have the lionheart of John Terry.

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'd agree with that, of course he doesn't have the lionheart of John Terry.
He is similar to JT, not quite as good in the air. Closest comparison I could think of would be Carragher, BRL's always been a fan of his too.

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:07 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
He is similar to JT, not quite as good in the air. Closest comparison I could think of would be Carragher, BRL's always been a fan of his too.
You know I have always loathed Carragher but I respect him for inviting Owen to play in his testimonial and Owen for playing in it. It sent out a sign that they are really good mates and they are not going to let the animosity between the fans of their two teams stop that.

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
You know I have always loathed Carragher but I respect him for inviting Owen to play in his testimonial and Owen for playing in it. It sent out a sign that they are really good mates and they are not going to let the animosity between the fans of their two teams stop that.
You loath Carragher the person but admire his style of play. He is your type of player.

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:11 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
You loath Carragher the person but admire his style of play. He is your type of player.
Who can't admire scoring goals for United against Liverpool? I certainly applaud that kind of play.

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Who can't admire scoring goals for United against Liverpool? I certainly applaud that kind of play.
True dat.

Now, back to the point, this may not be a good thing but I reckon Rooney's gonna destroy Everton and Jaglington tomorrow.

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:14 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
well thats fair enough, youre allowed to think that. capello disagrees with you though, as do much of the country i imagine.
I'm not saying he's any good. Jusrt the that the others are shite. Terry, in particular, is terrible and is living off a reputation made some years ago of which his current displays bear no resemblence.

As for Cappello being the oracle; when did that happen? Last I heard he was a clueless @#%&! who couldn't speak English. Has the wind changed or was it two wins against shite opposition? All sounds very familiar

Unread 09-09-2010, 12:15 PM
PaulParkers

Thumbs up

Quote:
The thought of Donaghy still annoys me.
Closed Thread