Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-09-2013, 12:25 AM
taff

Default Eric Steele on De Gea

interview in UWS, quotes here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united

Quote:
Steele, the goalkeeping coach widely credited with De Gea's improvement, talks about a goalkeeper who is "lazy" when it comes to learning English and initially had a habit of "training poorly", as well as eating "too many tacos". Asked whether the player is now more settled in Manchester, after intermittent rumours of him wanting to return to Spain, Steele says the 22-year-old understands he is at a good club but there are "still issues".
no surprise the rats in the papers are all over it

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Crumps

£#%&!ing Spaniards either kipping or eating Tacos. More proof that Barca were clearly on drugs, no Spaniard has those energy levels.

Unread 29-09-2013, 03:00 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Steele - what a £#%&!ing doughnut.

Unread 29-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Aman27deep

"Yes, but there are still issues. He's living in a huge house with his mum and dad. He's got a beautiful girlfriend who lives in Barcelona. We pushed him to move on his own. Living with your parents helps and hinders."

He may move to Barcelona in the summer. What a surprise.

Unread 29-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Vedder

Gf lives in Barca? he's gonna go if Barca come knocking isn't he

Unread 29-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Yes and he'll be looking for it sooner than later at this rate

Unread 29-09-2013, 12:36 PM
otbarney

Thank £#%&! we have Lindegaard as back up.

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Course he is. He was always going to go.

Manchester is a shit hole anyway. I can say that, I'm from there

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:36 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Course he is. He was always going to go.

Manchester is a shit hole anyway. I can say that, I'm from there
IT's not so much the place. it's the weather. Every £#%&!er i know who comes over to live here says the same. From June onwards, it's cold, perpetually damp and grey and...... we're used to it.

I am surprised so many foreign players stick it for so long.

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Grimson

Lost a lot of respect for Steele for talking about some of these things to a £#%&!ing fanzine. His parents, his girlfriend, his tacos - £#%&! off, nobody's business. The relationship between a GK coach and his keeper is supposed to be better than that.

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
IT's not so much the place. it's the weather. Every £#%&!er i know who comes over to live here says the same. From June onwards, it's cold, perpetually damp and grey and...... we're used to it.

I am surprised so many foreign players stick it for so long.
I think it's a factor in attracting foreign players versus Vibrante, especially the single blokes. There's only so many nights out you can have at the Town Hall Tavern and Rios pizza joint before losing your mojo.

The married ones with nippers probably find Alderley Edge/Prestbury with golf club membership and barbed wire compounds to keep Southsiders out utterly compelling.

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:46 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I think it's a factor in attracting foreign players versus Vibrante, especially the single blokes. There's only so many nights out you can have at the Town Hall Tavern and Rios pizza joint before losing your mojo.

The married ones with nippers probably find Alderley Edge/Prestbury with golf club membership and barbed wire compounds to keep Southsiders out utterly compelling.
when you put it like that.... it gets worse.

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:47 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

we've got a hard rock cafe now you @#%&!

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Lost a lot of respect for Steele for talking about some of these things to a £#%&!ing fanzine. His parents, his girlfriend, his tacos - £#%&! off, nobody's business. The relationship between a GK coach and his keeper is supposed to be better than that.
This.

What the £#%&! are UWS trying to run anyway, a gossip column?

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:48 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
we've got a hard rock cafe now you @#%&!
hard #@&%! if it's alteh.

Unread 29-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Everything can £#%&! off atm
agreed

Unread 29-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
This.

What the £#%&! are UWS trying to run anyway, a gossip column?
Think it happens when blokes who feel they've done a good job lose said job for no real reason.
Probably same reason Phelan and Meulensteen are doing the media circuit.

Unread 29-09-2013, 02:06 PM
rafabio

De gea will be off soon to barca or madrid anyway. Who wants to play for £#%&!ing moyes ffs They all look bewildered playing for this grinning chimp who can't believe his luck managing united

Unread 29-09-2013, 02:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Thank £#%&! we have Lindegaard as back up.
I note that Amos has been sub for the last few games

Unread 29-09-2013, 03:27 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Him and that Rene have been singing like canaries since they were given the boot.
Closed Thread