red in cumbria

Inspiring

Unread 20-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Lok

As well as fabregas =

Instead of Fabregas =

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:36 AM
taff

we're just bidding for anyone now aren't we?

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
As well as fabregas =

Instead of Fabregas =
Agreed, but will add:

Instead of nobody =

Unread 21-07-2013, 12:59 AM
wonky no

David moist lo e's a bid

Unread 21-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Aman27deep

Incredible.

Unread 21-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Fartface

Does he come with chilli sauce or garlic mayo?

Unread 21-07-2013, 01:15 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Unread 21-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Luffy

That said we're now being linked to Cabaye so maybe we've realised we're barking up the wrong tree like a bunch of mongs.

Unread 21-07-2013, 04:51 PM
IanStoreyLess

The interest in Cabaye (and/or Modric for that matter) could be genuine, or it could be a far-from-subtle hurry up to Barcelona.

Unread 21-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanStoreyLess
The interest in Cabaye (and/or Modric for that matter) could be genuine, or it could be a far-from-subtle hurry up to Barcelona.
After Thiago, Bale, Fabregas and Ronaldo we end up with Cabaye - wouldn't surprise me!!

Unread 21-07-2013, 05:05 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanStoreyLess
It's Cabaye's agent no doubt. Was touting a move to United around easter to the press.

Unread 21-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
It's Cabaye's agent no doubt. Was touting a move to United around easter to the press.
Probably.

Link yourself with United and hope you'll at least bag a deal to spurs.

Unread 21-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
we're just bidding for anyone now aren't we?

Unread 22-07-2013, 03:01 PM
retpog55

Surprised this thread has only two pages and seems to be fairly quiet. I will throw my two cents into the ring as to me this a much more viable signing than the likes of Fabregas.

Cabaye is a quality, under rated player in a below average team and i believe with better players around him he could be a great signing for United. He scores goals, has great vision and technique, delivers a great set piece (as we have found out first hand at St James Park a short while back), calm in possession, playing at the heart of his international side, he basically ticks all of the boxes for a top central midfielder. The fact that Laurent Blanc and PSG are interested in the guy says a lot about Cabaye. This is a team that narrowly lost out on away goals to Fabregas' Barcelona in the Champions league. Cabaye has experience with France and is capable of adding to a team at the highest level.

Fabregas would no doubt be the preferred option for every United fan but i cant help but feel that those bids are more to please the fans and have been essentially made with fingers crossed. Thiago was an opportunistic move for a player United have followed for a long time. It simply had to be pursued due to the players quality and availability through a contract clause. It wasnt to be.

Moyes has gone public and expressed the need for an additional central midfielder, something which Sir Alex refused to admit or pursue in recent years. This to me suggests that Moyes is intent on signing someone to fill that central midfield void during this transfer window. United will know that unlike Fabregas or Thiago, they can pretty much guarantee the signing of either Fellaini or Cabaye without too much trouble. By going public with the Fabregas bid, it gives a clear indication to the fans and the media that we are striving for the best, working down a list of quality midfielders, starting with a hopeful attempt to sign one of the best central midfielders in world football. If United dont sign Fabregas, then at least the public bid shows that we have tried for a fan favourite option first rather than just going straight in for the guaranteed signings.

Hopefully we will sign Fabregas. I for one would not be surprised or dissapointed however to see Cabaye lining up along side Carrick in a red shirt against Swansea.

Unread 22-07-2013, 03:02 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by retpog55
Surprised this thread has only two pages and seems to be fairly quiet. I will throw my two cents into the ring as to me this a much more viable signing than the likes of Fabregas.

Cabaye is a quality, under rated player in a below average team and i believe with better players around him he could be a great signing for United. He scores goals, has great vision and technique, delivers a great set piece (as we have found out first hand at St James Park a short while back), calm in possession, playing at the heart of his international side, he basically ticks all of the boxes for a top central midfielder. The fact that Laurent Blanc and PSG are interested in the guy says a lot about Cabaye. This is a team that narrowly lost out on away goals to Fabregas' Barcelona in the Champions league. Cabaye has experience with France and is capable of adding to a team at the highest level.

Fabregas would no doubt be the preferred option for every United fan but i cant help but feel that those bids are more to please the fans and have been essentially made with fingers crossed. Thiago was an opportunistic move for a player United have followed for a long time. It simply had to be pursued due to the players quality and availability through a contract clause. It wasnt to be.

Moyes has gone public and expressed the need for an additional central midfielder, something which Sir Alex refused to admit or pursue in recent years. This to me suggests that Moyes is intent on signing someone to fill that central midfield void during this transfer window. United will know that unlike Fabregas or Thiago, they can pretty much guarantee the signing of either Fellaini or Cabaye without too much trouble. By going public with the Fabregas bid, it gives a clear indication to the fans and the media that we are striving for the best, working down a list of quality midfielders, starting with a hopeful attempt to sign one of the best central midfielders in world football. If United dont sign Fabregas, then at least the public bid shows that we have tried for a fan favourite option first rather than just going straight in for the guaranteed signings.

Hopefully we will sign Fabregas. I for one would not be surprised or dissapointed however to see Cabaye lining up along side Carrick in a red shirt against Swansea.
nrat.

Unread 22-07-2013, 03:03 PM
MJ Ramone

He's £#%&!ing ordinary, and that's being incredibly generous.

Have our standards really slipped so low??

Unread 22-07-2013, 03:05 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Have our standards really slipped so low??

Unread 22-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

Kebab, White Afro Man and Banesy Wanesy it is. Tops.
Closed Thread