Unread 07-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Unread 07-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Clarkie

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:14 PM
waynes ear's

Did i hear correctly Liverpools owners want to extend Klopps contract? How long has he been there?

Scouse @#%&!s

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Pop

Nine months, the giddy bastards.

They'll probably have to pay him around £12m compo when he's inevitably sacked in early 2018.

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:21 PM
atticusgrinch

8th

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:25 PM
sa7

Quote:

Has he always been this much of a sad, goofy little #@&%!, or has it been ramped up since he's gone there?

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Has he always been this much of a sad, goofy little #@&%!, or has it been ramped up since he's gone there?
Ramped up massively

Imagine £#%&!ing Mourinho or even LvG rocking up in a £#%&!ing Roses t shirt

Moyes would arrive wearing an Oasis one

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Bobda

Quote:
Ramped up massively
Imagine £#%&!ing Mourinho or even LvG rocking up in a £#%&!ing Roses t shirt

LvG wouldnt even arrive.

Unread 07-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Denis Irwell

£#%&!ing idiot is doomed. Already fallen for the professional dipper, playing the crowd. Happens to them all instead of focussing on the job.

Unread 07-07-2016, 10:49 PM
75Red

Quote:

Save
Save

Unread 08-07-2016, 06:39 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
:

Unread 08-07-2016, 08:54 AM
wee man

He'll be off to the German job

Unread 08-07-2016, 10:31 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
He'll be off to the German job
Honestly think that'd break them. They'd be self-immolating. The works.

Unread 08-07-2016, 10:37 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
The biggest signing possible cos there's no use signing kids if the big daddy is lost
Quote:
Jackpot. Signing of the summer.
Quote:
This is brilliant news. So refreshing to have a manager who's willing to commit long term in these quick fix times. He really gets us.
Chuffed to bits
Quote:
Boss tha
Quote:
Sign him up for life!
Quote:
He'll win us the league

Unread 08-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Switching Off

Lost two cup finals, taken them to their lowest league position in 50 years, selling off their academy kids, no other club is interested. Makes sense to give him a 6 year contract.

Unread 08-07-2016, 10:54 AM
TheFatGoth

From when they nearly won the league that time...

Quote:
£#%&! Ian Ayre's dealing with the new contract.

In all seriousness Brendan deserves a very long contract.
Quote:
I just love Rodgers.

I didn’t think he had the CV for the job in the first place, but fair play to FSG they took a bold decision. They knew they wanted a coach who could improve the players we currently had, could develop youngsters and played a good brand of football. Rodgers has delivered on all those fronts as the players he had here have improved, such as Henderson, young players have had plenty of chances and developed, such as Sterling, Flanagan, Wisdom etc and our brand of football is the best in the league to watch – arguably the best in Europe.

I think on top of that Rodgers has shown he is tactically very sound. Very rarely do we see him get it wrong tactically and I love the fact he is flexible not only game to game but within matches. I think this must give the opposition managers nightmares preparing for us, but also the opposition players numerous problems during games.

I personally think he speaks very well with the press and has done since the day he arrived. He is confident, but not #@&%!y. He has a plan, he is respectful to our clubs traditions and the opposition. Dignified in defeat, is warm to the media (which I think is important in the modern game, as you’d rather they were on your side than against you), shows humour and has the right approach when answering all questions. The way he has handled Suarez and his problems at times, showed real leadership and character.

For me I could write about him all day as he tick all the boxes. It is essential the club keep him (which I’m sure they will do) and Brendan should have some good bargaining power in the summer when negotiating with FSG, not only for himself individually but in terms of how much resources they give him to continue to get us improving the squad.

For me all our managers since we last won the league all had certain questionable flaws. Houiller being too defensive, Evans too naïve and not strong enough to deal with the spice boys, Benitez to stubborn / cold with the media, Hodgson being inept, Dalglish probably taking a job too many when he had nothing more to prove (I love it how he risked his reputation for the good of the club the big legend). But I can’t see a flaw with Rodgers. He’s got it all the exciting attacking brand of football, the skills with the media, the ability to improve players, can motivate, can develop youngsters, has character, is a real leader… He is the real deal, the total package and he really does ‘GET US’.

He has showed this season that many of our players were under achieving. He is proving that the most important man at a football club is the manager, as he gets the best out of players, he motivates them, he moulds them into a team, creates the team spirit etc, he is the leader that they all follow (even Gerrard). Moyes is also showing this at Man United this season, in an adverse way.

He has given us something to shout about, something to dream about, something to believe in – because we really can achieve great things under him. In short, he’s bringing our club back to where it belongs, we have that fear factor now as the opposition know they are about to be the wrong end of ‘death by football’.

We are a true team, and they all deserve credit in different ways be it Suarez, Sturridge, FSG, Gerrard, Ayre, the team lady as Rodgers says they have all contributed to our rise and improvement in different ways. But I think Rodgers is so special that even without Gerrard, without Suarez etc he would still have taken us to the top, maybe not as quickly as he has done, but because he is a class act and winner. Thank you FSG for hiring Rodgers, I think it is probably the best thing you have done for this club and it will be proven in time as he is the 'real deal'.
Quote:
We've picked the best Manager to win league titles under. His approach is much more suited in this league then any manager we've had over the last 20 years.
Quote:
I can only imagine if Mourinho had little of a year on his contract and was top of the table. Imagine how he'd talk himself up in the media while negotiating.

I love the fact Brendan has no agent. And I love the fact he won't negotiate until the season is finished. Probably so he himself is not distracted.
Quote:
Imagine if this was just a dream, we all wake up and Hodgson is still in charge..
Quote:
5 MORE YEARS!

Unread 08-07-2016, 11:14 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
From when they nearly won the league that time...
you need to question how you spend your time on the internet

Unread 08-07-2016, 12:25 PM
CyrilSkeer

Didn't they give Brendan a new bumper contract and then sack him 6 months later?
Closed Thread