United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Oh and if it makes you feel any better L saf, Ronaldo would have definitely won it had the Dippers won the CL.

Unread 02-12-2007, 02:47 PM
borsuk

it's a meaningless award, hopelessly skewed in favour of attacking players. gattuso was probably more important to milan than kaka last season. maldini has been awesome for donkey's years. of the united lads, rio should be up there if consistency of play (as opposed to winning the cl or providing highlight reel moments) counts. cech should be in there as well.

Unread 02-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's a meaningless award, .

Not to the players.

Unread 02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

what a load of shite

Ronaldo has been the best player in the world for club AND country in the last 12 months.....streets ahead of Kaka and Messi

Unread 02-12-2007, 03:10 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Hardly a footballing supernation eh Legendary? I put them on the same peddlestool as Uruguay, but without winning a world cup.
Uruguay have won the World Cup twice.

Two Olympic Gold Medals (before the World Cup was instigated)

14 Copa America titles.

They're streets ahead of either Portugal or england.

Unread 02-12-2007, 03:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Uruguay have won the World Cup twice.

Two Olympic Gold Medals (before the World Cup was instigated)

14 Copa America titles.

They're streets ahead of either Portugal or england.
that can't be right. england always have at least half of the world's best xi in their team. it's a well-known fact, just like foreign referees are dodgy and foreign teams don't like it up em.

Unread 02-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
it's a meaningless award, hopelessly skewed in favour of attacking players. gattuso was probably more important to milan than kaka last season. maldini has been awesome for donkey's years. of the united lads, rio should be up there if consistency of play (as opposed to winning the cl or providing highlight reel moments) counts. cech should be in there as well.
I've rarely read bigger %@#$&!s than that on this forum.

Unread 02-12-2007, 11:15 PM
The Watcher

Kaka scored some splendid goals for Milan last year in the European Cup. In extra time against Celtic being particularly good. And another in the group stage, when he smashed it from almost 30 yards I think. Not to mention his all round contribution. I remember him being particularly good in Munch and setting up the crucial second against the wall pushers in the final.

Gattuso was very average in the tournament until the semi final.

Kaka is a worthy winner.

Unread 02-12-2007, 11:27 PM
wonky no

has smith won "the world player who gives 100%, 100% of the time award" again this year?

Unread 02-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
has smith won "the world player who gives 100%, 100% of the time award" again this year?
Nope, Saha pipped him to it.

Unread 02-12-2007, 11:35 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
I've rarely read bigger %@#$&!s than that on this forum.
just don't get me started on puyol and messi.

Unread 02-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
just don't get me started on puyol and messi.
Ok.

Gattuso had a pretty poor Champions league campaign (by his standards), if it helps.

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:00 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Ok.

Gattuso had a pretty poor Champions league campaign (by his standards), if it helps.
as it happens i disagree. i don't think his play is really appreciated - he's the sort of player who has a huge influence on the whole team, even when he doesn't seem to be directly involved.

kaka has been head and shoulders above everyone else over the last 12 months as a whole, though, obviously. i'm surprised the idiots who pick these things managed to get it right, rather than being swayed by messi's blinding last few months.

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Fatboy Shrek

I like Gattuso, quite a lot. I've championed his cause for a while, but i thought it wasn't his best season. Each to their own i suppose and i agree RE:Messi, though he is some player.
Closed Thread