United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

Bloody hell. Can't even rely on FT to cheer me up these days.

Unread 30-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Football Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
And what the £#%&! are we supposed to be cheery about?

I can't think of a £#%&!ing thing.

Unread 30-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
There was some spurs fan making an idiot of himself in the match thread earlier, was pretty fun.

Unread 30-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Blaming the ref ffs .
I can't believe he's come out moaning about £#%&!ing injury time ffs. Suppose it makes a change on blaming a 20 year old goalkeeper eh?

the game was 2-3 for 40 mins for christ's sake, that was more than enough time to score 2 goals...the fact is we couldn't break spurs down even when they were offering nothing going forward themselves.

Unread 30-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I can't believe he's come out moaning about £#%&!ing injury time ffs. Suppose it makes a change on blaming a 20 year old goalkeeper eh?

the game was 2-3 for 40 mins for christ's sake, that was more than enough time to score 2 goals...the fact is we couldn't break spurs down even when they were offering nothing going forward themselves.
Taking Kagawa off, wtf was that shit.

Unread 30-09-2012, 12:58 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
That was the most ridiculous substitution I've seen for a while (well, until Pea came on with 10 seconds left or whatever it was)
Kagawa had a very quiet first half but our tempo improved second half & he really benefited from it. We were creating chances with him in the side, as soon as he was off it was game over.

Unread 30-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Or bringing on hernandez for all of 90 seconds in the middle of injury time.

Who knows. With what's happened in the last 18 months nothing surprises me anymore, everything has the feel of a tired man who is losing his grip on the reigns.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Argentina

Jem and I have been saying how shit it has been for years yet we just got told we're selfish because United were winning. This is what you get when you betray the United way for so long to serve your own needs. Reep, sow, and all that.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Jem and I have been saying how shit it has been for years yet we just got told we're selfish because United were winning. This is what you get when you betray the United way for so long to serve your own needs. Reep, sow, and all that.
This

I think the last game we have played the Utd way in about 5 years was Arsenal away in CL semi

Losing Ronaldo £#%&!ed us up big time, there is as that daft old @#%&! would say NQAT

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:15 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
you have to wonder at what cleverley is thinking at 23 years of age, not being selected in a dismally under-performing midfield. He should be playing 40 games a season at his age.

De Gea is the one that I feel so sorry for. Look at Lindegaard in the last two games. Conceded 4 goals and done nothing really of note other than fetch the ball out of his net. I daresay De Gea would have saved Bale's effort. He must be £#%&!ing gutted. Hung out to dry by the manager then has to sit there whilst someone who is, let's face it, a pretty £#%&!ing ordinary goalkeeper, keeps him out of the side shipping goals all over the place.
How many games has DGay had now? Do we have to pay more money or something if he plays a certain number? wouldn't suprise me if thats part of it - cash flow etc - cant afford it just yet Sir lapdoggerson??

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:17 AM
dunk

It's all stale. Management, coaching, medical staff, players, fans, all of it.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's all stale. Management, coaching, medical staff, players, fans, all of it.
Especially you.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
How many games has DGay had now? Do we have to pay more money or something if he plays a certain number? wouldn't suprise me if thats part of it - cash flow etc - cant afford it just yet Sir lapdoggerson??
A mate has access to either SAF or Kathy's mobile number (not sure which, although Kathy is named as the account holder) through the company he works for

He is REALLY tempted to ring it to give the old piss-can a piece of his mind regarding De Gay

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
This

I think the last game we have played the Utd way in about 5 years was Arsenal away in CL semi

Losing Ronaldo £#%&!ed us up big time, there is as that daft old @#%&! would say NQAT
Talk about a one-man-team then. Even with Ronaldo, I wasn't particularly happy with our play. We weren't playing the United way. We had a player that did and the rest were as turgid and uninspiring as today and so many games over the last few years and before.

It has to be a manager thing. You set the atmosphere within a club and the style with in the team play. They should be taking the initiative at 1, or 2 minutes in, not 1 or 2 goals down. We are far too passive and allow teams to play to their strengths rather than putting in today's second half performance for the whole £#%&!ing season.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Talk about a one-man-team then. Even with Ronaldo, I wasn't particularly happy with our play. We weren't playing the United way. We had a player that did and the rest were as turgid and uninspiring as today and so many games over the last few years and before.

It has to be a manager thing. You set the atmosphere within a club and the style with in the team play. They should be taking the initiative at 1, or 2 minutes in, not 1 or 2 goals down. We are far too passive and allow teams to play to their strengths rather than putting in today's second half performance for the whole £#%&!ing season.
All true, I'd rep you again if I could

We just don't seem to have that hunger, the £#%&! you! We're gonna take you apart #@&%!iness we used to have!

And to think we used to complain that we took our foot off the gas when we flew into 3 or 4 goal leads

Makes me want to cry, makes me want somebody like Keane to be part of the coaching staff

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Sparky***

we haven't played the "united way" since 2006/7 season and at a push 07/08.

the last time we played the united way in europe we battered roma at OT.

Since then it's been a gradual decline in the standard of football, with each season the pace becoming slower and more ponderous..at the beginning it was an over reliance on ronaldo, then when he was sold it was rooney.

The cat was out of the bag about us back in 2010 when we'd clocked up massive 2 away wins by £#%&!ing january having been dominated by a host of £#%&! midfields. The rot was well underway by then.

I'd love to have someone as pacey and direct as Ronaldo in the team now. Picks the ball up and runs 30 yards with it, scaring the shit out of defenders. Someone to make something out of nothing.

That 2nd half was just a succession of diagonal passes to rafael or Nani who blasted crosses at spurs defender's heads all day. Nobody driving into the area with it, committing spurs players or tricking them into a clumsy foul. totally one dimensional and that lies squarely at the feet of the manager.

Unread 30-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
All true, I'd rep you again if I could

We just don't seem to have that hunger, the £#%&! you! We're gonna take you apart #@&%!iness we used to have!

And to think we used to complain that we took our foot off the gas when we flew into 3 or 4 goal leads

Makes me want to cry, makes me want somebody like Keane to be part of the coaching staff
It's depressing. It's obvious Ferguson has changed. Gary Neville says about a speech Ferguson used to give them around January time about the importance of goal difference and how if it's 1-0 they should go for 2, 2-0, go for three etc. We don't even look too bothered about going for 1-0 when it's 0-0 or even 1-1 when it's 0-1 (until the last 5 minutes that is) :shakehead:

Quote:
we haven't played the "united way" since 2006/7 season and at a push 07/08.

the last time we played the united way in europe we battered roma at OT.

Since then it's been a gradual decline in the standard of football, with each season the pace becoming slower and more ponderous..at the beginning it was an over reliance on ronaldo, then when he was sold it was rooney.

The cat was out of the bag about us back in 2010 when we'd clocked up massive 2 away wins by £#%&!ing january having been dominated by a host of £#%&! midfields. The rot was well underway by then.
You could say that was an anomaly for United in the 21st century.

Unread 30-09-2012, 04:22 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
That was the most ridiculous substitution I've seen for a while (well, until Pea came on with 10 seconds left or whatever it was)
Kagawa had a very quiet first half but our tempo improved second half & he really benefited from it. We were creating chances with him in the side, as soon as he was off it was game over.
kagawa is already the fall guy for subs. made no sense today. for welbeck as well wellers is juts an extra body on the pitch at that stage in a game. there is no tactical advantage.

and as good as scholes was in the second half, he was dying for the last 10. looked like he was having an asthma attack

Unread 30-09-2012, 07:53 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I have no reason to troll I just find the argument against ridiculous now 7 years too late. There's is no argument against the glazers that seems plausible to me.

A week before the season started the IPO thread was at the top of the page. A day after RVP signed it had disappeared off the first page. What's happened to the protests? Where are all the g&g scarves? I can guarantee that if we have a bad run of results the g&g campaign will be the talk of the town once again.

I have no reasons for or against the glazers, they are the owners of the club I love just like Edwards was and a PLC or whoever it could be. The thing that pisses me off most is the fans that hold the glazer card to use as and when it suits them.

Unread 30-09-2012, 09:22 AM
magic_cantona

Bottom line then - we need a new manager.

That's about it, isn't it?

Shocking to say, and I know some top reds will already be donning their shin pads and full kit to post that I'm not a 'real' fan, to 'get behind the shirts', to mention Ron Atkinson etc - but it's all down to Ferie. Great manager, won't ever be bettered but we have to replace him?

Shin pads on, or seeing things as they are, lads?
Closed Thread