United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Spiffy

Default Which newspaper do you trust for transfer news?

The results may surprise you.

Papers Rumour Accuracy For Manchester Utd

.......................................Right..Tota l Num...Accuracy
The Times.........................21...... 54.............38.89%
The Independent................10...... 29.............34.48%
Daily Mirror........................45...... 201............22.39%
The Sun...........................28.......131........ ....21.37%
The Guardian.....................6........29.......... ...20.69%
Daily Mail..........................20.......98......... ....20.41%
Daily Star..........................20......100......... ...20%
News Of The World.............14.......96..............14.58%
The Express........................9...... 66..............13.64%
The People.........................6.......44......... .....13.64%
Daily Telegraph...................3....... 28...............10.71%
Daily Record.......................0....... 4.................0%

http://www.footballtransferleague.co...Manchester+Utd

Unread 08-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Dueling Banjos

None. They are all full of shite and until I see the player either on the pitch or in a press conference I don't believe a word they print.

Unread 08-02-2009, 04:57 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
None. They are all full of shite and until I see the player either on the pitch or in a press conference I don't believe a word they print.
dead right

Unread 08-02-2009, 05:59 PM
taff

not really surprised to see the times up there....i take it regularly and i've noticed they don't really commit to a transfer story until the wheels are properly in motion. doesn't mean they don't print the customary tittle-tattle, but when they follow a deal they tend to keep their ear close to the ground.

Unread 08-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
not really surprised to see the times up there....i take it regularly and i've noticed they don't really commit to a transfer story until the wheels are properly in motion. doesn't mean they don't print the customary tittle-tattle, but when they follow a deal they tend to keep their ear close to the ground.

Unread 08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 08-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Players rumoured in at Manchester United FC (since 02/Feb/2009)

No transfer rumours for football players coming to Manchester United FC since 02-Feb-2009.
what? not even Valencia?

Unread 08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
J_RED

the mirror 201 attempts we are bound to sign someone eventually

Unread 08-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Ashley's Grime

Daniel Taylor in The Guardian seems to have accurate stories about United in general.

Unread 08-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
The results may surprise you.

Papers Rumour Accuracy For Manchester Utd

.......................................Right..Tota l Num...Accuracy
The Times.........................21...... 54.............38.89%
The Independent................10...... 29.............34.48%
Daily Mirror........................45...... 201............22.39%
The Sun...........................28.......131........ ....21.37%
The Guardian.....................6........29.......... ...20.69%
Daily Mail..........................20.......98......... ....20.41%
Daily Star..........................20......100......... ...20%
News Of The World.............14.......96..............14.58%
The Express........................9...... 66..............13.64%
The People.........................6.......44......... .....13.64%
Daily Telegraph...................3....... 28...............10.71%
Daily Record.......................0....... 4.................0%

http://www.footballtransferleague.co...Manchester+Utd
not really, you posted a thread showing your favourite tory biased shit rag in af avourable light, entirely predictable, imo

Unread 08-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
not really, you posted a thread showing your favourite tory biased shit rag in af avourable light, entirely predictable, imo
Of course, everything I do is tainted by that. Do £#%&! off, I get this shit all the £#%&!ing time.

Unread 08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Camel

Quote:
Of course, everything I do is tainted by that. Do £#%&! off, I get this shit all the £#%&!ing time.
finally you've admitted it. you may now be able to move on and heal your life.

there's also the prospect that maybe everyone accuses you because you've self evidently made it so plain to see. just a few thoughts i felt like sharing with you

Unread 08-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
dead right

To be fair he was a United player hence Chelsea paying a "transfer fee" for him.

Unread 08-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
finally you've admitted it. you may now be able to move on and heal your life.

there's also the prospect that maybe everyone accuses you because you've self evidently made it so plain to see. just a few thoughts i felt like sharing with you
Yeah thanks. I had some guy called Shenwen or something following me round saying the same for the past couple of days. He ended up claiming there were a few TS V's and we all took it in turn.

Do us a favour, you've told me now, please drop it. I can't be arsed turning every thread into a thread about why Gordon Brown has let you lot who voted labour down. It's getting very boring and tiring tbh. I can't even have a bit of a crack about football on a football forum ffs.

Feel free to repeat it ad nauseum on political threads but this is about Throb's favourite subject, media %@#$&!s. Let's stick to that eh?

Unread 08-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
I don't care what anyone says and I don't care how good he is, we dodged a bullet with him, he's trouble and not that great.

Unread 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Camel

Quote:
Yeah thanks. I had some guy called Shenwen or something following me round saying the same for the past couple of days. He ended up claiming there were a few TS V's and we all took it in turn.

thats pretty specific for an 'or something'

i saw it, there's only one toilet sniffer on here in my eyes, he must be a bit tapped.

Do us a favour, you've told me now, please drop it. I can't be arsed turning every thread into a thread about why Gordon Brown has let you lot who voted labour down. It's getting very boring and tiring tbh. I can't even have a bit of a crack about football on a football forum ffs.

but you can be arsed whinging on as many threads possible that carol was sacked.

Feel free to repeat it ad nauseum on political threads but this is about Throb's favourite subject, media %@#$&!s. Let's stick to that eh?
i am not a political person, never have been. i have higher aspirations.

Unread 08-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
i am not a political person, never have been. i have higher aspirations.
You want to be King? Fair £#%&!ing play.

Unread 09-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Tumescent Throb

so let me get this right

on jan 30 the Times made up a story that therefore counts as a link

and that link was that Ronaldo was interesting Real Madrid, and that Tevez was interesting Chelsea and the bitters

and this interweb site reckons that the Times, not noted for daily football transfer headlines at all on account most likely that its sports coverage isn't on its back page anyway, is the most likely source for football fans of a transfer story that turns out to be true where Manchester United is concerned

hmm... Ronaldo to Real eh? how imaginative. presumably they fob off their United readership with this shit because they think they're @#%&!s?

Unread 09-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so let me get this right

on jan 30 the Times made up a story that therefore counts as a link

That's correct. They've looked at all the stories, which came true and which paper has the highest proportion that are proven true.

and that link was that Ronaldo was interesting Real Madrid, and that Tevez was interesting Chelsea and the bitters

I'm not sure but that sounds about right.

and this interweb site reckons that the Times, not noted for daily football transfer headlines at all on account most likely that its sports coverage isn't on its back page anyway, is the most likely source for football fans of a transfer story that turns out to be true where Manchester United is concerned

Yes. They are not saying everything they print is true, in fact they are saying that most of the things they print is not true, just that they are the best of a bad bunch.

hmm... Ronaldo to Real eh? how imaginative. presumably they fob off their United readership with this shit because they think they're @#%&!s?
I doubt that's why they do it, in fact they have a better track record than any other paper. I don't know for certain, I'm not an insider but I reckon the story arose because some football correspondent wanted a few quid and knew it could sound credible so they'd probably print it resulting in him getting paid.

Bottom line, it's been proven most of what the press print in relation to transfer stories is wrong.

HTH.

Unread 09-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Bunker Buster

Sniffers a #@&%!.

Closed Thread