United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Pop

Look at that rat faced @#%&! coming at the camera with his claw.

Unread 07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Look at that rat faced @#%&! coming at the camera with his claw.
he looks like one of the orcs army from lord of the rings. the @#%&!.

Unread 07-02-2009, 09:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Thought Pompey played well. Real fight in midfield.
What??

West Brom conceded 5 goals to us at home and even they have a better defence than Portsmouth. Adams would have been better off bringing himself on, and that's no £#%&!ing joke.

Their midfield looked better than their defence because a) you couldn't look worse and b) Liverpool are the worst team ever to top a major league table.

Unread 07-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What??

West Brom conceded 5 goals to us at home and even they have a better defence than Portsmouth. Adams would have been better off bringing himself on, and that's no £#%&!ing joke.

Their midfield looked better than their defence because a) you couldn't look worse and b) Liverpool are the worst team ever to top a major league table.
Portsmouth werent too bad in the second half, probably the beter side until the last 5 minutes. They showed guts although they didnt get the basics right. Adams will be pleased with the fight but they need reinforcements.

Unread 07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Portsmouth werent too bad in the second half, probably the beter side until the last 5 minutes. They showed guts although they didnt get the basics right. Adams will be pleased with the fight but they need reinforcements.
Well I'm afraid I have to disagree, I thought they were shambolic. The fact that they conceded 3 goals to a very, very poor Liverpool team, who frankly should have scored 5, and at no point did you think they had anything like the quality needed to hold on, speaks volumes. I truly believe Adams could have done a better job than Distin.

Distin and Campbell are the new milleniums version of Rush and Deane.

Unread 07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
redmike

Next stop for Campbell and Distin is the MLS me thinks.

Never seen a pair of centre backs so all over the place,You can't afford to have one off his game let alone both.

I think on current form pompey are a great bet for relegation.

Unread 07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Next stop for Campbell and Distin is the MLS me thinks.

Never seen a pair of centre backs so all over the place,You can't afford to have one off his game let alone both.

I think on current form pompey are a great bet for relegation.
All things being equal they would definitely go down.

What is more likely though is that Adams gets replaced in a week or so by Curbishley and they get the traditional four game bounce, which this season will take you up about 7/8 places.

Unread 07-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Grimson

Nothing to do with any curse or jinx, but I wish we wouldn't have a game thread for every one of their games.

Unread 07-02-2009, 11:41 PM
bcred

even though I've been guilty of posting during there games. I agree with that comment Grimson. I've been in a bad mood all day due to those @#%&!s. And all because I came on here and then started to watch the bloody game.
I never watch Liverpool games ever,suddenly I'm watching them.

That's it no more.

Unread 07-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well I'm afraid I have to disagree, I thought they were shambolic. The fact that they conceded 3 goals to a very, very poor Liverpool team, who frankly should have scored 5, and at no point did you think they had anything like the quality needed to hold on, speaks volumes. I truly believe Adams could have done a better job than Distin.

Distin and Campbell are the new milleniums version of Rush and Deane.
TBF at 1-0 I couldnt see Liverpool scoring. Shows what I know

Unread 07-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Nothing to do with any curse or jinx, but I wish we wouldn't have a game thread for every one of their games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
even though I've been guilty of posting during there games. I agree with that comment Grimson. I've been in a bad mood all day due to those @#%&!s. And all because I came on here and then started to watch the blody game.
I never watch Liverpool games ever,suddenly I'm watching them.

That's it no more.
I was only letting people know I was off to the pub, in case they wondered where I was

Unread 07-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I was only letting people know I was off to the pub, in case they wondered where I was
Thanks.

Unread 08-02-2009, 01:02 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
TBF at 1-0 I couldnt see Liverpool scoring. Shows what I know
They were utter shit tonight and most teams in the top half of the table would have beaten them.Portsmouths defending was comical.In an unfunny way.

I cant wait for Liverpool to be mathematically out of it.

Unread 08-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Sparky***

I went into the cinema just as Nugent scored and I come back out to see the £#%&!ers somehow managed to win 3-2 and portsmouth threw away the lead in about 5 minutes.

Got a bad feeling that this weekend is going to be 'one of those'. I just feel it in my water that we're going to drop points at west ham tomorrow and the title race will be 'blown wide open'.
Closed Thread