United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm not that keen on our current set up tbh - I don't think Ronaldo's as marginalised as some say but I do prefer him to have a more central role. Or more freedom.

4-2-3-1 please.
In that formation, who plays up front and who plays more centrally in the 3? I ask as i'm wondering if you see this attacking midfielder in the midfield 2 or the 3 further forward and how that fits with Rooney, Tevez and Berbie? are we far off that formation now by the way with Berbie dropping off and Rooney when he plays, further up front?

Unread 06-02-2009, 03:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Agreed but as with Fletcher and Ronnie nani cannot expect a long run in the side until he plays well, both were squad players 'til recently.
I'm not so sure. There were long spells during the early part of Fletcher's career when he played far too regularly for a lot of people's liking. You could argue that it's only over the last year or two that he's become a genuinely useful player for United, but he's already got 200 first-team appearances to his name. Ronaldo's talent and potential to be what he is was always obvious to most, but if he'd faced the type of competition Nani is currently up against, he'd have struggled to play anywhere near the amount of football he did. Not on his merits as a consistent, reliable performer, anyway. In both cases Fergie sold other players and resisted the urge to spend big on alternatives in order to provide both with the experience needed to give them the best chance to develop into the players he felt they could be.

Unread 06-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

i think park is far more talented than nani.
At what sport?

Unread 06-02-2009, 03:56 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
At what sport?
table tennis

Unread 06-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Agreed but as with Fletcher and Ronnie nani cannot expect a long run in the side until he plays well, both were squad players 'til recently.
Fletcher actually played less last season than he did in all off the previous 4 seasons. He was never a guaranteed starter (still isn't) but he definitely had a lot of games every season to prove himself in, even though he invariably didn't.

Unread 06-02-2009, 04:21 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
table tennis
arf
Closed Thread