United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:58 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
can't claim any credit, heard it from that Chelsea supporting journo off Sunday Supplement. He's gonna be at United this season I hear?

Definitely need to get a good 2 or 3 goal win away from home soon, kick us right on in that department
It's not so much the margin of win that bothers, it's the nature of how the games seem to develop. We seem to take an awfully long time to get going and need to the threat of dropped points late on to motivate us. Large portions of the first half seem to drift away with us just 'easing' ourselves into the game. That should take 15 minutes, not 35 minutes. Then, if we don't score early in the second half, we soon find ourselves into the last 10 minutes wondering where the last 80 have gone. It's not just away from home either.

Don't want to sound spoiled because I'm delighted with our position, but it's been somewhat handed to us and I don't think anyone thought we'd get back to the top and clear of the pack so quickly. Nothing is won yet and we need to kick on and keep that cushion between ourselves and the Dippers.

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:07 PM
dodger

Quote:
can't claim any credit, heard it from that Chelsea supporting journo off Sunday Supplement. He's gonna be at United this season I hear?

Definitely need to get a good 2 or 3 goal win away from home soon, kick us right on in that department
We did score five away very recently.

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Yeah, forgot about that, did have a man sent off and they are bottom 3 i think. Still a avalid point well made. I think though if we beat West ham 3-0 that'd be a big statement.

The Return of JC

Quote:
Against an utterly shit side who were unfairly down to ten men. Good performance, sure, but until we do something similar against a much better side, the point remains.

dodger

Quote:
Yeah, forgot about that, did have a man sent off and they are bottom 3 i think. Still a avalid point well made. I think though if we beat West ham 3-0 that'd be a big statement.
I'd certainly be jizzing

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'd certainly be jizzing

Not gonna get to see it myself.

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Not gonna get to see it myself.
I should think not!

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I should think not!
Not that.

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
dodger

Quote:
Against an utterly shit side who were unfairly down to ten men. Good performance, sure, but until we do something similar against a much better side, the point remains.
Their home for hasn't been that bad, compares favourably to West Ham's anyway.
Bit much if we can't take some credit for winning 0-5.

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We can take credit, we were easily the better side and one up at eleven aside. I'm ot so sure it wasn't a sending off either and from that point on we were utterly ruthless.

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:27 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Not saying we don't deserve credit, but the quality and number of opposition was not the best judge. Considering we've followed it with another 1-0, it may suggest it was a one off. We'll see. I still stand by my conviction that we need to be more ruthless, aggressive and urgent in our play.

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not saying we don't deserve credit, but the quality and number of opposition was not the best judge. Considering we've followed it with another 1-0, it may suggest it was a one off. We'll see. I still stand by my conviction that we need to be more ruthless, aggressive and urgent in our play.
and our lovemaking?

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:37 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
and our lovemaking?
Later, dear.

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM
dodger

Quote:
I still stand by my conviction that we need to be more ruthless, aggressive and urgent in our play.
That's fair comment

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

VDS and 10 others - one of them being Tevez

I see where you're going saying it's been handed to us JC, but at the same time it's been a pretty average quality league so far and the vermin were in a false position given the average ability of most of their squad. it's baffling that they should moan about bad luck on the refereeing front, put it like that.

similarly United were in a false position for a number of reasons, especially the upside down fixture list and the games in hand

the vermin have had a string of draws, but that was ever likely; United have had a string of wins, and so was that. the big surprise is how dodgy Chelsea look now that Cech is increasingly less of a psychological monster for their defence and their opponent's attacks.

anyway, dodgy game this as ever. we're bang on target at 50pts, and i'd be happy enough if we're bang on target at 51pts on Sunday night. then again, we sometimes score six...

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
VDS and 10 others - one of them being Tevez

I see where you're going saying it's been handed to us JC, but at the same time it's been a pretty average quality league so far and the vermin were in a false position given the average ability of most of their squad. it's baffling that they should moan about bad luck on the refereeing front, put it like that.

similarly United were in a false position for a number of reasons, especially the upside down fixture list and the games in hand

the vermin have had a string of draws, but that was ever likely; United have had a string of wins, and so was that. the big surprise is how dodgy Chelsea look now that Cech is increasingly less of a psychological monster for their defence and their opponent's attacks.

anyway, dodgy game this as ever. we're bang on target at 50pts, and i'd be happy enough if we're bang on target at 51pts on Sunday night. then again, we sometimes score six...
I can understand you taking a draw, but surely a two point deduction is not an acceptable result?....

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I can understand you taking a draw, but surely a two point deduction is not an acceptable result?....
que

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

oh yeah, 54pts

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Sloppy

Unread 06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
oh yeah, 54pts
I'll fill you in. A Cristiano Ronaldo penalty proved decisive in a 1-0 win over Everton. Ronaldo converted the spot kick after United midfielder Michael Carrick was sent tumbling by Mikel Arteta's trailing leg.
Closed Thread