Senegalese Superman
Ronnie
Giggs
Carrick
Park
Berbie
Rooney
Let's hope so. Tough away this....

I reckon if we get past this there is no stopping us. Judging by recent results, that may be difficult but I have a feeling we are due one there.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:50 AM
dodger

Vds

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
giggs
Park

Tevez
Berbs

Keep Rooney back until the Engalnd squad is announced. Just in case...

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts

I reckon if we get past this there is no stopping us. Judging by recent results, that may be difficult but I have a feeling we are due one there.
We must be due one, like we were against siddy and unfortunately a bad 'un against the dippers. Good news is they are gonna play football against us so it won't be the usual home seige.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger

Yeah maybe, also it's incredibly harsh to drop Tevez given how he's played, I just think Rooney has more end product.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:55 AM
croberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We must be due one, like we were against siddy and unfortunately a bad 'un against the dippers. Good news is they are gonna play football against us so it won't be the usual home seige.

congrats on the steelers by the way. As difficult as that is to say

not that I wanted Arizona to win mind...couldn't stand the thought of them winning one before us

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

not that I wanted Arizona to win mind...couldn't stand the thought of them winning one before us
Cheers, was a £#%&!ing close one.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:

my exact thoughts more or less

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:09 AM
dodger

Quote:

A bit more discipline there please

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
borsuk

got to play carlos against the 'appy 'ammers, surely?

vds
wes
rio
vidic
evra/o'shea
fletcher
carrick
anderson
ronnie
berbles
tevez

three in the middle, i think. it will be a bit of a scap and they'll be up for it, no doubt. there's extra motivation as well because every player will want to be the one who breaks the clean sheet run.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Whalefish

I'd go with this:

VDS
Gary
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Carrick
Giggs
Park
Tevez
Berbatov

Tevez deserves to start for me BUT he better not £#%&!ing do a repeat of last season's disgraceful performance at Upton Park. More interested in saluting the Hammers fans and playing shit. Leave that at home please.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:16 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Vds

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
giggs
Park

Tevez
Berbs

I'd go with this.

You cant just bomb Tevez out, even if Rooney is the better player.If needed, bring him on as a sub later in the game.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Tevez deserves to start for me BUT he better not £#%&!ing do a repeat of last season's disgraceful performance at Upton Park. More interested in saluting the Hammers fans and playing shit. Leave that at home please.
Good point, I would hope that love in is all over now though.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:37 AM
The Return of JC

Same as Bedders, but with Tevez in for Rooney. Tevez has done enough to keep his place. Rooney shouldn't just get straight back in. No need to rush him either. Bench him.

It'll be a tough old game, we'll need to be ruthless because West Ham won't give us anything easily and they'll be tough to break down, but we've had a good week's rest to prepare for this and I think we'll edge it.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
croberts

Quote:
A bit more discipline there please

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Same as Bedders, but with Tevez in for Rooney. Tevez has done enough to keep his place. Rooney shouldn't just get straight back in. No need to rush him either. Bench him.

It'll be a tough old game, we'll need to be ruthless because West Ham won't give us anything easily and they'll be tough to break down, but we've had a good week's rest to prepare for this and I think we'll edge it.
I dunno if they'll be so much difficult to break down as difficult to contain. as I understand their recent good form has coincided with them playing some pretty good open attacking football.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:36 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I dunno if they'll be so much difficult to break down as difficult to contain. as I understand their recent good form has coincided with them playing some pretty good open attacking football.
They knock the ball around ok, but have no real attacking threat. Whereas the likes are Upson, Collins and Green are difficult customers to contend with.

More from our point of view too, defending hasn't been the problem, but being ruthless and taking chances has. West Brom aside, ofcourse. And that was against the worst side in the league with ten men.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
They knock the ball around ok, but have no real attacking threat. Whereas the likes are Upson, Collins and Green are difficult customers to contend with.

More from our point of view too, defending hasn't been the problem, but being ruthless and taking chances has. West Brom aside, ofcourse. And that was against the worst side in the league with ten men.
What about can't Control, he's been playing well recently.

have heard Upson and Collins have formed a rather formidable pairing at the back. Is Neill still playing? You can get at him, he's shite.

As you say, we have to take our chances.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
What about can't Control, he's been playing well recently.

have heard Upson and Collins have formed a rather formidable pairing at the back. Is Neill still playing? You can get at him, he's shite.

As you say, we have to take our chances.
Well done, sir.

Yeah, Upson and Collins have been very impressive when I've seen them. Keeping teams out hasn't been our problem, taking teams out has. Despite our rosey position, we still need to improve away from home. We need to be more aggressive from the start and not allow large periods of the game to just drift away. Too many times this season we have started to get going around the 70 minute mark once we realise we have to. Up to now, we've got away with it, but that's partly been down to Chelsea and Liverpool's £#%&! ups. We need to keep matters in our own hands and start killing teams off or at least getting leads in away games early on. We've got enough talent to ensure we shouldn't be huffing and puffing at 0-0 on 80 minutes again.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Well done, sir.

Yeah, Upson and Collins have been very impressive when I've seen them. Keeping teams out hasn't been our problem, taking teams out has. Despite our rosey position, we still need to improve away from home. We need to be more aggressive from the start and not allow large periods of the game to just drift away. Too many times this season we have started to get going around the 70 minute mark once we realise we have to. Up to now, we've got away with it, but that's partly been down to Chelsea and Liverpool's £#%&! ups. We need to keep matters in our own hands and start killing teams off or at least getting leads in away games early on. We've got enough talent to ensure we shouldn't be huffing and puffing at 0-0 on 80 minutes again.
can't claim any credit, heard it from that Chelsea supporting journo off Sunday Supplement. He's gonna be at United this season I hear?

Definitely need to get a good 2 or 3 goal win away from home soon, kick us right on in that department
Closed Thread