£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
2 May 1975)

i noticed.

#@&%! off

Unread 05-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Tiberian

Beckham was a great player for Utd. To deny that is ridiculous, for most of his time he was in our top 3 most important players. He also has possibly the best right foot I have ever seen. Struggled at times at madrid, usually when he tried to play CM, a position that he wanted to play but was really not suited to. Brilliant in his last season when he got back into the team, made a huge contribution to that title winning effort.

Was wasting his tme in the US, 31/32 when he went there easily had another 2/3 years at the top in Europe in him, has probably noted how his peers, Giggs and Scholes, have continued to be exceptional even older than he is.

His pursuit of publicity was at times embarrassing, many blame his wife, but if you look beyond that he does deserve to be placed at a very high level as a player, certainly one of the top 5 wide right players in the world between 97-07

Unread 05-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
On a side note.

A few years back i was watching the telly round at my grans house when beckham came on the screen..

Gran - "Ooooo you like him don't you bunks..?"

"yeah, he's a legend Gran, great player, great memories"

Now Gran's being Gran's and this being early December, took this comment on board...

When opening a present on Xmas day at a family party (From said Gran)

I unravelled a Full beckham calendar....From the market...It wasn't just him in great football Pictures...

the @#%&! was oiled up and coming out of the crystal blue sea....

Smiling in sunglasses For 'July'

I smiled and went red as the rest of the family Bit their hands.

Gotta love Grans.

Still put it up.

I knew a die hard Crystal Palace fan whose mother in 1995 for Christmas bought him a football book, it was a Cantona book. He didn't give her grief, just thanked her and gave the book to me unopened.
Closed Thread