Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Has anyone...........no, it's ok.

Unread 05-02-2009, 03:48 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Has anyone...........no, it's ok.

sometimes i am too busy to keep an eye out for icebergs ...

Unread 05-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
he's using the football media to answer his critics within his own club

big mike
sup?

Unread 05-02-2009, 04:25 PM
borsuk

there should be a banner up when they come to ot:

8pts behind at christmas
8 pts ahead in february
in rafa we trust

Unread 05-02-2009, 06:27 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Winning trophies has made me put on weight - Rafael Benitez

Unread 05-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
something not right there; either he's not very bright and £#%&!ing it up under pressure, or someone at the club has sensed that he's not very bright and likely to £#%&! it up under pressure. if it's neither of those two thenit must be something else, but basically their squad is £#%&!.

Unread 05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
MJ Ramone

I particuarly enjoyed his 'nervous false smile' last night during the post-match interview
Like Throb said, he's playing games with his Club superiors through the media.

Unread 06-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Spiffy

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has voiced his concern over Fernando Torres' participation in Spain's friendly against England next week.

Benitez said it would be a "risk" to play a striker who has been troubled with hamstring injuries this season.
"Everyone can see Torres is not quite up to his full fitness yet after his last hamstring injury," said Benitez.
"There's no point worrying about him playing for Spain because we know he will be selected, whatever we say."
Torres scored twice in Liverpool 2-0 win over Chelsea last Sunday, but failed to inspire the Reds in midweek as they were knocked out of the FA Cup by Merseyside rivals Everton.
Benitez felt Torres' inconsistency was down to a lack of match fitness and admitted it was a "big decision" to make over whether to play the Spaniard against Portsmouth on Saturday.
European champions Spain host England in Seville on 11 February.

My squad is strong enough - Benitez

And Benitez added: "The Spanish manager Vicente del Bosque has tried to contact me, but we missed each other. But we will talk. We have been speaking to the Spanish squad's fitness coach, so they know the situation.
"He was capable of scoring two against Chelsea last weekend but also looking tired against Everton.
"We took him off against Everton because he was just not able to work any more towards the end.
"Spain know our players are involved in a lot of games now and they will take care of him.
"The problem now is that Spain are doing so well, they want to keep everybody together and they want to continue to create a very good atmosphere.
"I understand, it is not easy for the manager. But they know about our season."
Torres' importance to Liverpool's ambitions at home and abroad has increased following the news that captain Steven Gerrard is expected to be sidelined for three weeks with a torn hamstring.

The duo have accounted for 77 of Liverpool's goals in the past 19 months, while Benitez's attacking options have been reduced following Robbie Keane's return to Tottenham on transfer deadline day.
Benitez, however, maintained that his squad was strong enough to challenge Premier League leaders Manchester United for the title.
The Liverpool manager said: "Now we have an international break that will be good for Stevie to recover, and although we would rather still be in the FA Cup, we now have a situation where we will have to play less games this season and that could help us in other directions.
"I still feel that we have enough quality in our squad to cope with such problems, we have plenty of players who can fit in up front and in midfield.
"We must play a few games without Stevie, but we have options even after selling Robbie Keane.
"I am really pleased with Ryan Babel's progress at the moment, and in Dirk Kuyt we have a player you can guarantee will play well and give everything.
"He is a fantastic player, a great professional and he is always positive. He is not a player you need to talk much to about coping with difficult situations.
"If Torres is ready, that is another important option. But I also believe we have good young players who can come in."

So Torres is OK to play twice for Liverpool but not fit for Spain, on the basis that he needs more games. What would he be doing in Spain? Playing tiddlywinks? Surely the best cure for not having played enough is to play more? He's feeling the pressure big style. A couple more dropped points and he'll deffo say wibble.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Notice Moyes blanked the press and then just walked out of the conference this avvy

anything to do with the fact the press and media have almost completely blanked everton's win?

all we've heard since wednesday is a load of £#%&!ers acting like they've never seen a technical glitch before on a live broadcast, and a load of £#%&!ing excuses about why liverpool didn't bastard win

well done everton you blue scouse @#%&!s and well done moyes for giving the £#%&!ers in the media what they deserve - £#%&! all

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Notice Moyes blanked the press and then just walked out of the conference this avvy

anything to do with the fact the press and media have almost completely blanked everton's win?

all we've heard since wednesday is a load of £#%&!ers acting like they've never seen a technical glitch before on a live broadcast, and a load of £#%&!ing excuses about why liverpool didn't bastard win

well done everton you blue scouse @#%&!s and well done moyes for giving the £#%&!ers in the media what they deserve - £#%&! all
I thought it was something to do with a question someone asked about Anichebe, which they were asked not to ask...may be wrong though, not really paid much attention.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I thought it was something to do with a question someone asked about Anichebe, which they were asked not to ask...may be wrong though, not really paid much attention.
Heard this on Talksport (yes, I know) before.They say, that the Anichebe situation wasn't mentioned as being off limits so the guy just asked the question.

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Heard this on Talksport (yes, I know) before.They say, that the Anichebe situation wasn't mentioned as being off limits so the guy just asked the question.
Here's what Moyes has said

Quote:

David Moyes' televised press conference came to an abrupt end today after he was quizzed on his alleged training ground bust-up with Victor Anichebe.

Asked if Anichebe was in the squad for the game at Goodison Park against Bolton on Saturday, Moyes said he was not because he was injured.

He then sported a wry grin and remained silent when asked further questions about Anichebe by the same interviewer.

The journalist tried to change the subject but Moyes still refused to answer when asked questions about Bolton boss Gary Megson and the Wanderers team.

The press conference was then ended as it was suggested Moyes moved on to a separate media briefing with radio journalists.

Anichebe, 20, and his boss reportedly had a falling out at the Toffees' Finch Farm complex on Tuesday.

The player was not involved in the following day's FA Cup fourth-round replay victory over Merseyside rivals Liverpool at Goodison Park after being listed as injured.

The player has subsequently apologised.

Moyes later called talkSPORT to explain his actions at the press conference.

"As soon as the journalist was allowed to ask one (question about Anichebe) he followed up. But he didn't ask me about his injury with the second question, he asked about a newspaper report and we keep our business in-house at Everton.

"That's why we have a bit of class and we don't criticise people openly.

"I'd said there would only be one question [about Victor] and he (the reporter) knew that. The agreement was he would ask me one question on Victor and he was happy to do that.

"I was happy to answer all the questions prior to it in the press conference today and when (the journalist asked another question about Anichebe) he let me down. I try to do all the press conferences and I very rarely try to duck an issue. If you ask me about a penalty kick, if you ask me about a sending-off then I always try and give my opinion.

But today I told the journalist one question and he went with another one."

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Spiffy

So he's decided what questions they are and are not allowed to ask? I thought they were contractually obliged to do the press conferences? If so the press should have told him to get £#%&!ed and they'll decide what to ask him.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
So he's decided what questions they are and are not allowed to ask? I thought they were contractually obliged to do the press conferences? If so the press should have told him to get £#%&!ed and they'll decide what to ask him.
It is pretty much standard practice i think. European press conferences have to be attended, not sure on premiership ones.

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
I likes Moyes

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:12 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
So the journo's had been told.

That's Talksport for you.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:31 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
they're allowed to ask whatever they like. he's allowed to tell them to get £#%&!ed. which he did, without words.

Unread 06-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
they're allowed to ask whatever they like. he's allowed to tell them to get £#%&!ed. which he did, without words.

That's fair enough but it sounds like he tried to set the agenda before the interview started.
Closed Thread