United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-02-2009, 02:19 AM
redhegemony

Default Berbatov - close control

Probably the best i have ever seen bar Maradona. Not in a running dribbling sense ala Best and Ronaldo but the football close to the foot with total control which allows shielding. Watch his feet he glides not runs and the ball is always on his foot.

Absolutely £#%&!ing phenomenal.

Unread 09-02-2009, 02:22 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Probably the best i have ever seen bar Maradona. Not in a running dribbling sense ala Best and Ronaldo but the football close to the foot with total control which allows shielding. Watch his feet he glides not runs and the ball is always on his foot.

It's unreal.

He could play in the snow and not leave a footprint.

Unread 09-02-2009, 02:28 AM
toseeunited

it also allows him to beat players, without having pace!!

how many times now already has he beaten a man on the by line and took the ball in towards goal to pull it back. not with pace, but with his close control and skill

great to watch, and we're nowhere near seeing the best of him yet - he'll get better and better!

Unread 09-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Albert Tatlock

He also seems to have a bit of pace as well. First to the ball several times yesterday.

Was it me or did Wham aways have two or three on him every time ?

Unread 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Whip Hubley

yeah but according to my mate for every bit of skill he gives the ball away 4 or 5 times....

ffs i do honestly wonder if i'm watching the same football match sometimes. why do people get an idea in their head about a player -either that he's completely shit or completely untouchable - to the extent they actually invent things that happen

Unread 09-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Whalefish

The bit of skill towards the end where he carried the ball into the penalty box and to the by line before beating the two men (or was it one??) was sublime. I can't quite figure out how he did it and the player (or players) marking him just seemed to stand there, wondering what to do.

A pity that there was no one in the box to receive the pass or have a go at goal, if we'd scored it would have been a brilliant move.

Unread 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
red @rmy

He has got good pace though, I even saw he tracking back and winning the ball.

Love watching him play, great football brain.

Unread 09-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I thought he was excellent yesterday. Agreed about his control.

Unread 09-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The bit of skill towards the end where he carried the ball into the penalty box and to the by line before beating the two men (or was it one??) was sublime. I can't quite figure out how he did it and the player (or players) marking him just seemed to stand there, wondering what to do.

A pity that there was no one in the box to receive the pass or have a go at goal, if we'd scored it would have been a brilliant move.
when he did that, my flatmate turned and said if wed scored from that it would have been talked about in the same vein as the one he set up for Ronaldo against them first time round.

Its hard to disagree with that, Messi-esque quick feet.

Unread 09-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

i was in row 2 and that was right in front of me, awesome piece of football, ball sticking to feet like a computer game.

Unread 09-02-2009, 11:25 AM
One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

I'd say Zidane was better.

Unread 09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
i was in row 2 and that was right in front of me, awesome piece of football, ball sticking to feet like a computer game.
I've never had a computer game stuck to my feet so I don't understand that anology

Unread 09-02-2009, 11:47 AM
marlo

he was 'ok' at best yesterday,didnt impose himself on the game as much as i would have liked.

he didnt however show some pace and get to a ball i didnt he was ever going to get to.

Unread 09-02-2009, 11:52 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
he was 'ok' at best yesterday,didnt impose himself on the game as much as i would have liked.

he didnt however show some pace and get to a ball i didnt he was ever going to get to.

Unread 09-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I've never had a computer game stuck to my feet so I don't understand that anology
you know what i mean. anology?

Unread 09-02-2009, 11:55 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
you know what i mean. anology?
analogy mother£#%&!er

Unread 09-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Whalefish

Neither cente were top draw yesterday, from either side. Defences on top for the most part. West Ham's back four has been very good of late, Park and Noble have been solid, and the Swiss lad works his arse of defensively.

Berbatov, along with Ronaldo, were however our best attacking outlets for much of the game. Tevez worked hard but too often he was too deep when a ball came into the box. A shame really, could have had a couple of goals if he'd got in and around the six yard area - several superb passes from Ronaldo and Berbatov didn't get the finishes they deserved.

I really wish Tevez would look up a bit earlier when he receives the ball too, too often his head goes straight down and he simply turns and runs with it missing a pass that would arguably be the better option. Happened a lot in recent games.

Still, both playing well and seem to compliment each other too.

Unread 09-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Rhodzy

We're missing Rooney.

Unread 09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
We're missing Rooney.
I think Tevez and Berbatov have done well together but I'm also of the opinion that Rooney is one of the first names on the sheet when fit.

Unread 09-02-2009, 12:37 PM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Love
I'd say Zidane was better.
I concur.

i really do like Berbles though his touch is sublime.
Closed Thread