United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 02-03-2010, 01:24 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation MUST / Red Knights press release

www.joinmust.org/blog

Quote:
March 2nd, 2010
MUST – the Manchester United Supporters Trust welcomes the statement today (copied below) on behalf of the Red Knight Group.
Duncan Drasdo, chief executive of MUST said “I can confirm that we were present at the ’secret’ meeting of the Red Knight Group yesterday and have been involved in discussions for some time. This development is hugely welcome as there is a genuine desire to see a change of ownership at Manchester United”.
“Initially the Red Knight Group has effectively set a challenge to Manchester United supporters to demonstrate they wish to see an alternative ownership proposal developed. In the first instance supporters are being asked to do this simply by joining the free online membership of the Supporters Trust (MUST) and swelling its ranks to an initial target of at least 100,000.”
“It is also essential for a majority of two key groups, the Old Trafford Season Ticket holders and those with Executive facilities, to show their appetite for participation by joining the MUST online campaign.”
JOIN MUST FOR FREE: joinmust.org/free
Quote:
Red Knights Group:
Following the intense media speculation overnight, we can confirm that a group of high net worth individuals, who support Manchester United (known as the “Red Knights”), met in London yesterday. This group is supportive of current management but are looking at the feasibility of putting together a proposal to be put to the Glazer Family regarding the ownership of Manchester United. These discussions are in early stages and no contact has been made with the Glazer Family.
For such a proposal to be viable, it would require the involvement and support of Manchester United supporters worldwide. The Red Knights have been liaising with the Manchester United Supporters Trust (“MUST”) and their representatives attended yesterday’s meeting. As a first step, the Red Knights want supporters to demonstrate their commitment by joining the free online membership of the Supporters Trust.
Any new ownership model would aim not only to put the Club on a sound financial footing, but would also aim to put the supporters at the heart of everything the Club does.
In the coming weeks the Red Knights will continue to work with MUST and others to formulate our proposal and further statements will be issued in due course.
Contacts:
Finsbury Group

Unread 02-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Sullingtons

Finsbury handling their financial PR. They used to handle Glazers

Unread 02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
waynes ear's

finsbury mosque?

Unread 02-03-2010, 02:41 PM
redloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Finsbury handling their financial PR. They used to handle Glazers
When?

I thought the Glazers used Brunswick, then changed to Smithfield. Their usual "spokesperson" Tehsin Neyani definitely works for Smithfield.

Unread 02-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
When?

I thought the Glazers used Brunswick, then changed to Smithfield. Their usual "spokesperson" Tehsin Neyani definitely works for Smithfield.
Yeah, I thought Brunswick still did.

I stand corrected, but I know that Roland Rudd was close to Gill, I read it in the Standard recently.

Here it is:

http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80126

Quote:
Big paydays and Man Utd chief David Gill's direction on road to ruin

Prior to the Glazers' takeover of Manchester United, I was invited to Old Trafford to watch the match against arch-rivals Liverpool, and to meet David Gill, the club's chief executive.

In the company of Roland Rudd and James Murgatroyd from Finsbury, the City PR agency that was advising Manchester United, I duly met Gill. I was left under no illusion that he was firmly opposed to the Glazer bid
This was pre-Glazer it seems.

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Can't you be happy with today's press release and news sullers.....?

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Can't you be happy with today's press release and news sullers.....?
I'm very happy.

Gooooooo Team Red Knights!!

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'm very happy.

Gooooooo Team Red Knights!!

Gooooooo to a game once in a while......

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Gooooooo to a game once in a while......
I'm doing more to get rid of the Glazers than you. Online, fairweather (makes threads when he goes) red.

Go and join your other online reds like Tufty, Betty and KFC.

Club's better off without you. OOTer.

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'm doing more to get rid of the Glazers than you. Online, fairweather (makes threads when he goes) red.

Go and join your other online reds like Tufty, Betty and KFC.

Club's better off without you. OOTer.

Piss off Sullers.

I'm not hungry....

Unread 02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
elephantstone

Thumbs up

its a step in the right direction just shows you what facebook can do

good news

Unread 02-03-2010, 06:42 PM
waynes ear's

well its all over the m.e.n the glazers arent selling

Oh well, bring in the scouse fans to cry about it, that'll help

Unread 03-03-2010, 01:07 PM
florentino ariza

so i join/sign the pledge yesterday, giving them my email address

then i get an email from them today

the email is asking me to join

there is a link to the joining page after every paragraph

not overly reassuring tbh red

Unread 03-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza

i have been a member for couple of years and i got that too, not sure what it was all about. i entered it again though and then it came up with a thing where you send it to all utd fans you know askin them to join up etc

Unread 03-03-2010, 01:34 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza

Just done this myself. It kept asking me another thing every time on the same page when I clicked sign.

Unread 03-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Sloane

apparently the new one is to sort out which email has a season ticket etc

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:22 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
apparently the new one is to sort out which email has a season ticket etc
the one i signed yesterday asked that too though

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Any new ownership model would aim not only to put the Club on a sound financial footing, but would also aim to put the supporters at the heart of everything the Club does.

i don't want to be at the heart of everything the club does ffs. i want to go and watch a United team that plays top class football and can mix it with any @#%&!s they come up against. if it's at 3pm on a saturday/8pm on a wednesday and i can stand up and have a pint then so much the better.

good aims those though, not overly-leveraged.